Updated: Express Bus Service now being offered....get out your wallet

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We used this service last week while we were at WDW, and I will say it was worth the $$. Once you have the schedule down, it's a great service. Most every time we were just about the only people on th

Here is the schedule for the express bus service, if it's helpful.

Welcome to the Walt Disney World Year Of A Million Schemes! Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

I think it was chipandco or maybe DrDisney that posted on FB that they have raised the Express Bus prices

Price per Guest (Ages 3+)

• Single-day ticket: $19 
    Valid for date of purchase only
  • Multi-day ticket: $29 
    Valid for up to 7 consecutive days beginning on date of purchase

I think they went up $4 each.

So, people must be using the service if they are raising the prices.

3 minutes ago, wdwpoohbear...Jennifer said:

So, people must be using the service if they are raising the prices.

That's what you would think, but every report I've read about it says that the buses run mostly empty.  All the first hand reports I've read are positive because it's so nice having a private bus to whisk you from park to park.

TCD

5 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

That's what you would think, but every report I've read about it says that the buses run mostly empty.  All the first hand reports I've read are positive because it's so nice having a private bus to whisk you from park to park.

TCD

And there were a lot of buses running empty from EPCOT on Sunday, while we stood in line with a bus full of people waiting 45 minutes for a bus to arrive to take us to Wilderness Lodge/Ft Wilderness so we could eat at Geyser Point.  There was a family already waiting when we walked up.  They had 2 Riverside and 2 Port Orleans buses come and go while we waited.  When the women that was waiting longer than us asked the driver what was going on, he said they didn't have enough buses.  When we went back to EPCOT after lunch, there must've been 20 buses parked in the other bus lot at EPCOT.  That is just piss poor customer service.

I don't know why they don't have some sort of transportation CM at each bus area in constant communication with transportation central to get buses where they are needed.when they are needed.

4 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I don't know why they don't have some sort of transportation CM at each bus area in constant communication with transportation central to get buses where they are needed.when they are needed.

Crazy talk.

They have sophisticated computer programs based on metrics that tell them when they need to run a bus.  A crowd of paying customers standing at a bus stop for 45 minutes is irrelevant.  The computer knows when and where a bus is needed. Those guests can just wait and watch the empty buses drive by.

TCD

20 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Crazy talk.

They have sophisticated computer programs based on metrics that tell them when they need to run a bus.  A crowd of paying customers standing at a bus stop for 45 minutes is irrelevant.  The computer knows when and where a bus is needed. Those guests can just wait and watch the empty buses drive by.

TCD

And get angrier by the minute.

So the alternative to good efficient bus service, is to drive the customers into using their vehicles which will clog the roads even more which will make the buses even more inefficient!

Or are they just getting ready to launch the concierge transportation they had us survey last year and making people upset so they look for alternatives?

25 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Crazy talk.

TCD

Maybe the computer was getting over a virus!  :lol:   A little IT humor there.

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

I took several peeks over the weekend while we were at www and all I saw was empty empty empty.  Maybe they are trying to pay for all the gas they are wasting with this by raising the prices.

5 minutes ago, AuburnJen said:

I took several peeks over the weekend while we were at www and all I saw was empty empty empty.  Maybe they are trying to pay for all the gas they are wasting with this by raising the prices.

Maybe they need to go to Sprinter Vans.  Oops can't, because of the SUV sized strollers and the mobility scooters.

• 2 months later...

We used this service last week while we were at WDW, and I will say it was worth the $$. Once you have the schedule down, it's a great service. Most every time we were just about the only people on the bus, and the cast members could not have been nicer.

We hit all four parks on one day, and multiple parks on several different days.

Not having to go through the security and bag checks each time you went to a different park was fan flippin' tastic.

3 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

We used this service last week while we were at WDW, and I will say it was worth the $$. Once you have the schedule down, it's a great service. Most every time we were just about the only people on the bus, and the cast members could not have been nicer.

We hit all four parks on one day, and multiple parks on several different days.

Not having to go through the security and bag checks each time you went to a different park was fan flippin' tastic.

Thanks for the first-hand report.

I still haven't tried it yet because I'm cheap, and I like hopping with Disney transportation, but the idea of skipping security and a private bus ride sounds nice.

BTW, it is now possible to skip security while traveling from the MK to Epcot and back via the monorail.  Once you're checked at either the MK or Epcot, you can travel to and from the TTC and then on to the MK or Epcot via monorail without having to pass through security again.

TCD

My SIL used this in February and said it was great, super convenient.

17 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

BTW, it is now possible to skip security while traveling from the MK to Epcot and back via the monorail.  Once you're checked at either the MK or Epcot, you can travel to and from the TTC and then on to the MK or Epcot via monorail without having to pass through security again.

TCD

Good to know!

44 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

If you're doing a monorail bar crawl on the resort monorail, you still have to go through security at each resort, although it seemed to move pretty smoothly.

Yeah. And we were there recently at Trader Sam's, and took the boat to the MK after to catch a bus to get back to where we left the car.  We had to go through the bag search at the Polynesian boat dock at the MK even though we were just heading to the buses.

It wasn't bad, since they only had to search the guests coming off the boat.  We made sure to sit where we'd be the first guests off.

The most recent changes result in not having to be searched in some locations where you had to be searched, but you can end up having to be searched in places where you didn't have to before. Not a big deal.  It's kind of wash.

TCD

Yeah. And we were there recently at Trader Sam's, and took the boat to the MK after to catch a bus to get back to where we left the car.  We had to go through the bag search at the Polynesian boat dock at the MK even though we were just heading to the buses.

It wasn't bad, since they only had to search the guests coming off the boat.  We made sure to sit where we'd be the first guests off.

The most recent changes result in not having to be searched in some locations where you had to be searched, but you can end up having to be searched in places where you didn't have to before. Not a big deal.  It's kind of wash.

TCD

When we went to the Marathon, we got checked at the International Gate at EPCOT, hopped the monorail to the TTC then to MK, and never got checked again because we were inside of the security bubble the entire time after the International Gate. It was great.

It was just like the good old days of entering the MK!  Just a short line to got thru the "ticket booth".

Splitting up the bag checks at different points of the property was probably one of the best things they have done in a long long time. Someone probably will be getting a nice performance bonus.

22 minutes ago, Travisma said:

When we went to the Marathon, we got checked at the International Gate at EPCOT, hopped the monorail to the TTC then to MK, and never got checked again because we were inside of the security bubble the entire time after the International Gate. It was great.

It was just like the good old days of entering the MK!  Just a short line to got thru the "ticket booth".

Splitting up the bag checks at different points of the property was probably one of the best things they have done in a long long time. Someone probably will be getting a nice performance bonus.

I agree.

The entry area to the MK is spacious and peaceful now. 

How long will it be until a beancounter figures out a way to make some money in that space?

TCD

30 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I agree.

The entry area to the MK is spacious and peaceful now. 

How long will it be until a beancounter figures out a way to make some money in that space?

TCD

They can have various carts selling items, rainy days vend ponchos and umbrellas, sunny days sunscreen and drinks.

Be like Busch Gardens, at the end of the day they sell leftover Turkey Legs at a discount, sometimes churros also.  Get every last dime out of the suckers, er Happy Guests

14 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

34024145470_583be94bd0_z.jpg

Here is the schedule for the express bus service, if it's helpful.

I do like how it's on a set schedule.  Makes it easy to maximize your time.  While I always have enjoyed good luck with Disney transportation, there have been times when I've had a long wait, and I am never happy when that happens.

13 minutes ago, Travisma said:

They can have various carts selling items, rainy days vend ponchos and umbrellas, sunny days sunscreen and drinks.

Be like Busch Gardens, at the end of the day they sell leftover Turkey Legs at a discount, sometimes churros also.  Get every last dime out of the suckers, er Happy Guests

That is half of a good idea.

The end of the day stuff won't fly because they need all of that space for the standby line for the poor guests who choose to take the monorail. The standby lines for that can be insane!

TCD

I do like how it's on a set schedule.  Makes it easy to maximize your time.  While I always have enjoyed good luck with Disney transportation, there have been times when I've had a long wait, and I am never happy when that happens.

That is half of a good idea.

The end of the day stuff won't fly because they need all of that space for the standby line for the poor guests who choose to take the monorail. The standby lines for that can be insane!

TCD

They can queue the lines up around the carts and they can enjoy one or two (depending on the line) greasy turkey legs while they wait in line.

Maybe it'll give the monorails a different odor, Eau De Turkey Grease!

26 minutes ago, Travisma said:

They can queue the lines up around the carts and they enjoy one or two (depending on the line) greasy turkey legs while they wait in line.

Maybe it'll give the monorails a different odor, Eau De Turkey Grease!

After eating a turkey leg and getting stuck on a broken down monorail for 90 minutes, the odor may change significantly.  

On 5/1/2017 at 4:30 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

When did this start for MK to Epcot?  We could do it from Epcot to MK, but two weeks ago we were able to get to the TTC without bag check, but had to go through the Epcot bag check after exiting the monorail.  The ramp for the Epcot monorail exit still ends near the bag check area; outside the "secure zone".

11 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

When did this start for MK to Epcot?  We could do it from Epcot to MK, but two weeks ago we were able to get to the TTC without bag check, but had to go through the Epcot bag check after exiting the monorail.  The ramp for the Epcot monorail exit still ends near the bag check area; outside the "secure zone".

Crud.  I gave bad info.  You're right. We came from Epcot to the MK, and I thought it would work the same going the other way. But you're right, the ramp for arrivals at Epcot does dump out outside the secure zone.

So that's bad.  Guests going to Epcot via monorail have to go through security twice.

TCD