Updated: Express Bus Service now being offered....get out your wallet

30 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Crud.  I gave bad info.  You're right. We came from Epcot to the MK, and I thought it would work the same going the other way. But you're right, the ramp for arrivals at Epcot does dump out outside the secure zone.

So that's bad.  Guests going to Epcot via monorail have to go through security twice.

TCD

Unfortunately, I don't see any real easy way of changing that unless they reverse the boarding and exit ramps.  That would take some fence/gate construction though.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We used this service last week while we were at WDW, and I will say it was worth the $$. Once you have the schedule down, it's a great service. Most every time we were just about the only people on th

Here is the schedule for the express bus service, if it's helpful.

Welcome to the Walt Disney World Year Of A Million Schemes! Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Crud.  I gave bad info.  You're right. We came from Epcot to the MK, and I thought it would work the same going the other way. But you're right, the ramp for arrivals at Epcot does dump out outside the secure zone.

So that's bad.  Guests going to Epcot via monorail have to go through security twice.

TCD

they could fix it with some of their famous stanchions and chain!

There is a New Express Transportation Service for Annual Passholders this summer.  You can buy a pass for the duration of the summer.  Here are the details.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportation/express-transportation/news/07jun2017-new-express-transportation-summer-pass-available-for-passholders.htm

The all-new Express Transportation Summer Pass is available exclusively to Passholders for $59, and offers the Express Transportation service between theme parks through to August 10 2017.

The Summer Pass offers a significant discount over regular pricing of $19 for a single day ticket, or $29 for a 7 day multi-day ticket.

Applicable annual passes must be valid for admission to all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks on all applicable dates between June 5 and August 10, 2017. The Express Transportation Summer Pass is non-transferable.

Express Transportation service:

• departs approximately every 30 minutes.
  • is available each day from 10:00 AM until park closing.
  • travels directly between each of the theme parks—with no other stops along the way.
  • lets you off inside the main gate, so you’re in the middle of fun from the moment you arrive!
  • gives you unlimited transfers between all 4 theme parks—for as long as your Express Transportation ticket is valid.

Check-In Locations

• Magic Kingdom park: near the exit of Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
  • Epcot: the east side of Spaceship Earth
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios: the courtyard in front of Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom park: near the entrance to Dawa Bar

Where to Buy Express Transportation Tickets

• All 4 theme park ticket windows and Guest Relations
  • Disney Springs ticket window
  • Disney Resort hotel concierge locations
  • Walt Disney World Swan Hotel and Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel ticket desks
  • Kiosks at Express Transportation check-in locations

article credit: wdwmagic.com

31 minutes ago, AuburnJen said:

There is a New Express Transportation Service for Annual Passholders this summer.  You can buy a pass for the duration of the summer.  Here are the details.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportation/express-transportation/news/07jun2017-new-express-transportation-summer-pass-available-for-passholders.htm

The all-new Express Transportation Summer Pass is available exclusively to Passholders for $59, and offers the Express Transportation service between theme parks through to August 10 2017.

The Summer Pass offers a significant discount over regular pricing of $19 for a single day ticket, or $29 for a 7 day multi-day ticket.

Applicable annual passes must be valid for admission to all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks on all applicable dates between June 5 and August 10, 2017. The Express Transportation Summer Pass is non-transferable.

Express Transportation service:

• departs approximately every 30 minutes.
  • is available each day from 10:00 AM until park closing.
  • travels directly between each of the theme parks—with no other stops along the way.
  • lets you off inside the main gate, so you’re in the middle of fun from the moment you arrive!
  • gives you unlimited transfers between all 4 theme parks—for as long as your Express Transportation ticket is valid.

Check-In Locations

• Disney’s Hollywood Studios: the courtyard in front of Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith

Where to Buy Express Transportation Tickets

• All 4 theme park ticket windows and Guest Relations
  • Disney Springs ticket window
  • Disney Resort hotel concierge locations
  • Walt Disney World Swan Hotel and Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel ticket desks
  • Kiosks at Express Transportation check-in locations

article credit: wdwmagic.com

Amazing.

This is big new for passholders.

So what has Disney done to communicate this to passholders?

Nothing.

The summer Mickey Monitor came out a couple of weeks ago.  Nothing in there about this.

Nothing on the official Disney site either, as of today anyway:

express%20transport_zpszpkczsaj.jpg

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/express-transportation-options/

What a way to run a business.

TCD

9 minutes ago, Travisma said:

August 10th a Thursday, an odd date to end a promotion don't you think?

Well that's also the last day that us lowlife silver passholders are blacked out!

This is only good for the richie rich passholders.

LOL.

I sprung for the Platinum passes again this year, but I kind of regret it.  I don't know how many times we will actually go this summer with it being so hot and crowded.

As you pointed out, this pass isn't really good for all summer with it ending on August 10th.

I'm kind of tempted to buy it, but I don't know how often I would actually use it, and using Disney transportation to park hop isn't that bad.

TCD

Check-In Locations

And how many users are going to know which is the east side of Spaceship Earth?

But back to the buses....does Disney notice a large drop in $$$ during the summer when the Silver passholders are blacked out, and they are trying to supplement their cash flow?

Or is it an enticement to get other passholders to come to the parks on very crowded times by giving them a way to avoid the summertime visitors?

9 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Check-In Locations

And how many users are going to know which is the east side of Spaceship Earth?

But back to the buses....does Disney notice a large drop in $$$ during the summer when the Silver passholders are blacked out, and they are trying to supplement their cash flow?

Or is it an enticement to get other passholders to come to the parks on very crowded times by giving them a way to avoid the summertime visitors?

There's a pretty good map that locates each check-in location on the official website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/express-transportation-options/

I think this is just another simple money grab.  I have yet to see one report saying that buses ever have more than a few guests on them.  So, selling these "summer" passes to AP holders is free money to Disney.  They don't have to add any buses, and they know that AP holders aren't going to be heavy users of the system.

TCD

20 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

They should sell the daily passes for $59 and serve cupcakes on the buses....a rolling dessert party.  Get some 3rd Tier random character like Marie the cat to ride along, and you could probably charge $79.  

Throw in a cup of soda for an additional $5, ($10 if you want ice).  $15 for a Bud light, and $20 for a Sam Adams.  Or go for broke and $25 for a tumbler of Boones Farm.

On 6/7/2017 at 1:09 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

There's a pretty good map that locates each check-in location on the official website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/express-transportation-options/

I think this is just another simple money grab.  I have yet to see one report saying that buses ever have more than a few guests on them.  So, selling these "summer" passes to AP holders is free money to Disney.  They don't have to add any buses, and they know that AP holders aren't going to be heavy users of the system.

TCD

To my wonderment, how do you justify the operation costs of bus services with what they knew IMO would be so few users? Once again I'm being extremely pessimistic, but this appears more like Disney's way of acclimating us to transportation fees.

Brings up another question as to why there has been so little talk over the years of the monorail being expanded?

I just received an email today from the Disney Destinations/Passholder Services telling me about the availability of the summer pass for express transportation.

And it is posted on the passholder extras page: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/specials/

express%20transport.1_zpsqvkcb3hi.jpg

So, if this was something that was good beginning June 5, they waited 11 days to let passholders know about it.

And there is still nothing about it on the main Express Transportation page: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/express-transportation-options/

TCD