So $200/ person and $100/ person ticket. 

So for a group of 10 it would cost $3000. Or I could hire a VIP guide for $315/ hour with a 6 hour minimum- $1890.   Plus $100/ person ticket. $1,000. 

Total $2890.00

And with a VIP guide they pick us up at our resort and take us thru a back entrance. To avoid the crowds. Get us on any ride we want not just the 10 listed and get us a rezzie at any restaurant we want. And I save $110. Who is with me?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Disney should embrace this and call it what it is.....The Year of a Million Schemes.  Then they could make money by making fun of making money....by sellin

There is a loophole though that might save you some bucks.  If you can be at AK the day The View is taping, you can observe the elephants for no additional charge.  

I know this topic has become a dead horse but the author does an excellent job in summarizing much of what has been expressed here often.  http://micechat.com/145982-disney-world-upsell/ ...

The premium transportation option is now advertised on your check-in email from WDW -

Make hopping easier with Express Transportation!
Add Express Transportation to your theme park ticket with Park Hopper
® Option and get to the magic sooner. This new service will pick you up and drop you off from inside the theme park, bypassing the main entrance and standard theme park transportation.

15 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

The premium transportation option is now advertised on your check-in email from WDW -

Interesting.  How long until you check-in?  I thought this was still only a test, because they really haven't publicized it, and, as far as I know, they aren't letting guests pre-purchase it- but the language from your email makes it sound like it's something that can be added to a park hopper ticket?  Can that be done in advance?

TCD

We arrive this weekend. 

You can't purchase them in  advance yet, though. 

Ticket Pricing and Information

Express Transportation tickets are available to Guests holding valid theme park admission with the Park Hopper Option and to Walt Disney World Annual Passholders.

Price per Guest (Ages 3+)

• Single-day ticket: $15 
    Valid for date of purchase only
  • Multi-day ticket: $24 
    Valid for up to 7 consecutive days beginning on date of purchase
Where to Buy Express Transportation Tickets
  • All 4 theme park ticket windows and Guest Relations
  • Disney Springs ticket window
  • Disney Resort hotel concierge locations
  • Walt Disney World Swan Hotel and Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel ticket desks
  • Kiosks at Express Transportation check-in location

28 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

I have heard that the Express service has been very well received and will continue.    

All of the first hand reports I've read about it rave about how uncrowded the buses are.  A lot of people say that they like it because they were the only passengers on the bus.

How is this making a profit for Disney?

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

All of the first hand reports I've read about it rave about how uncrowded the buses are.  A lot of people say that they like it because they were the only passengers on the bus.

How is this making a profit for Disney?

TCD

Disney is not in business to make a profit.  They exist to spread magical memories and pixie dust throughout the world.  

Disneyland is joining in the Year of 10,000 Schemes, too.  I just found this:

http://robbreport.com/fine-dining/robb-report-exclusive-new-private-dining-experience-secret-disney-location

AdTech Ad

"Disneyland is known as the Magic Kingdom, but what that name elides is the source of the magic: storytelling and attention to detail. Those two principles, elevated to their highest level, animate a new fine-dining experience the park is making available to just a single party of 12 per night. Robb Report got an exclusive first look at the experience, called 21 Royal ($15,000, including tax, gratuity, valet, and park admission), earlier this month."

Disneyland is joining in the Year of 10,000 Schemes, too.  I just found this:

http://robbreport.com/fine-dining/robb-report-exclusive-new-private-dining-experience-secret-disney-location

AT6251_1x7.gif "Disneyland is known as the Magic Kingdom, but what that name elides is the source of the magic: storytelling and attention to detail. Those two principles, elevated to their highest level, animate a new fine-dining experience the park is making available to just a single party of 12 per night. Robb Report got an exclusive first look at the experience, called 21 Royal ($15,000, including tax, gratuity, valet, and park admission), earlier this month."

That sounds like a fun evening.

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Great news!

For thirty bucks (plus the cost of park admission) you can stand approximately 80 to 100 feet from an elephant at AK and look at it!

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/caring-for-giants/news/24feb2017-disneys-animal-kingdom-offering-a-new-elephant-experience---caring-for-giants.htm

TCD

Well that's better than the NC Zoo price of a $500 for 1-6 people to go behind the scenes with the elephants. Of course theirs does include feeding.

• 1 month later...

If you thought Disney would let  the month of March pass without a new money grubbing scheme, then you are dumber than you look (no offense).

Here's one targeted at the DVC crowd (Disney already knows they're ripe for schemes):

Limited Spaces Remain for Member Event at Markham’s at Golden Oak

by Ryan March, Editor, Disney Vacation Club’s Disney Files Magazine

As the opportunity to enjoy experiences typically unavailable to the general public have long been among Disney Vacation Club Members’ favorite “extras,” I’m pleased to report that the next such experience is just around the corner and that a limited number of spaces remain available.

Golden Oak, the master-planned, luxury residential community at Walt Disney World Resort, will open its gates to Members and their Guests for a special evening of food, drinks and entertainment on April 12 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.

This exclusive Culinary Magic event, presented as part of Membership Magic in 2017, will take place at Markhams’s, the casually elegant restaurant inside Summerhouse (Golden Oak residents’ private clubhouse), where attendees will mix and mingle with other Members while enjoying the music of a string trio, an artful assortment of food and (for guests ages 21 or older with valid ID) an open bar serving beer, wine and cocktails. While menu offerings are subject to change, plans call for the spread to include artisanal cheeses, chilled seafood, a hand-crafted pasta station, a carving station (featuring Black Angus Prime Rib) and a sweet selection of desserts, including Macarons from Amorette’s Patisserie and chocolates from The Ganachery – adding a taste of Disney Springs to the festivities.

The price of $130 per person includes tax, gratuity and roundtrip resort transportation (arranged when making your event reservation) for Members staying at a Disney Vacation Club Resort. Reservations are required (unfortunately walk-ins will not be accepted) and are open to Members and either the number of people sharing their Resort accommodations or a maximum party of six (including the Member) for Member families not staying at a resort. Please note that attendees not staying at a Disney Vacation Club Resort must provide their own transportation and present a valid driver’s license at the Golden Oak gate to gain admittance.

Call Member Services to book this event, and keep an eye on the Events Calendar online at disneyvacationclub.com for details about future offerings at Golden Oak.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/03/limited-spaces-remain-for-member-event-at-markhams-at-golden-oak/

To recap, that's $130 a head for two hours worth of cheese and whine and a sales pitch.

Too bad I'm not a DVC member.

But if you are, you had better hurry.  Space is limited!

TCD