Hubby and I are going to see it tonight.  3D version for us.   My grown son and his friends are going to see the 2D version, same theater but an earlier viewing.   We will be comparing notes after.

We could've gotten tickets for the IMAX theater at MOSI again like we did for 7, but I guess I'm just burned out.  Told my wife not to bother.

I will wait a week or 2, then go to the $5 Tuesday showing at one of our local Regal theater. $5 admission, then $2 small popcorns or sodas.   3 of us can go for about $25.

I think 3D was worth it.  I really enjoyed the movie.  In my rankings of all Star Wars movies,  this is my 4th favorite now.  " A New Hope", " Return of the Jedi", " The Force Awakens"  and the "Rogue 1"  is how I list the first 4.

The theater I went to had a contingent of the 501st  in the lobby,  interacting with the customers.   I danced with an Imperial Pilot,  talked to BB8  and I got a lot of fist bumps and compliments on my "Emperor Mickey" t-shirt.   After the movie, there was a fully mobile, life sized R2-D2 in the lobby.   I had a nice conversation with him and showed him my R2-D2 purse.

I just spoke to my daughter and she and some of her friends went to see it last night... She called me a little while ago and told me that she absolutely loved the movie, and she is not a die hard Star Wars "groupie" either...  In fact, she has asked one of her friends who has all the prior movies to borrow them over the Christmas break so that she and I can watch them all...  So if you happen to be in the neighborhood over the holidays with nothing better to do, stop by and watch with us!

8 minutes ago, Duane said:

I just spoke to my daughter and she and some of her friends went to see it last night... She called me a little while ago and told me that she absolutely loved the movie, and she is not a die hard Star Wars "groupie" either...  In fact, she has asked one of her friends who has all the prior movies to borrow them over the Christmas break so that she and I can watch them all...  So if you happen to be in the neighborhood over the holidays with nothing better to do, stop by and watch with us!

That's awesome, Duane.

I kind of want to watch Episode 4 again!

TCD