• 3 months later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wasn't going to say anything but before a million show up I think I should.  I took the liberty of ordering 6 and having them shipped c/o the Millers. They should get delivered tomorrow if all

Here is a picture of when we gave ours to Josephine. She says she's keeping closer watch on the ones that were given to her. What is mostly happening is kids are bending them by stepping on them and p

Sounds like a Fiend Mission is in order. Every Fiend that comes to the Fort needs to give Josie a Purple Hoola Hoop!

Update  when we were at the Fort last month I noticed there were no hula hoops again so I asked what was going on and I was told Disney had decided they were too dangerous and too much of a hazard to be out so the hula hoops are no more. 

1 hour ago, LONE-STAR said:

Update  when we were at the Fort last month I noticed there were no hula hoops again so I asked what was going on and I was told Disney had decided they were too dangerous and too much of a hazard to be out so the hula hoops are no more. 

That's ridiculous. What's next? Giving out plastic bubbles to every family with children?

I grew up with hula hoops ... my kids grew up with hula hoops.  Would someone explain what's dangerous about them?  I don't understand.  They are round ... they have no sharp edges ... they are thin plastic that would be hard to do damage with ... it would be difficult to break a bone or put out an eye with one ...

Maybe they think someone might have a heat stroke using one in the hot Florida sun.

I agree. They are too dangerous.  

Just last week at Shady Pines 3 seasoned citizens thru out  their hips. It was horrible!  

Mrs. Allen will be out for at least 3 weeks.  They don't  know who will be calling bingo next week. 

Good grief...some days this world is simply too stupid.

17 minutes ago, Beckers said:

Maybe more of a tripping hazard than actual hazard to the users?

you should see the warning on Adam's lacrosse stick, it's pretty ridiculous.

That's what I was thinking. Some body must have tripped on one. They still use them at the pool party. 

While I hate to see them gone, I understand the problem with them at that position in Fort Wilderness. That area gets crowded at times and the people playing with them are not concerned with anyone around them and leave them on the ground making them a tripping hazard. Some like me have had a problem affecting balance an it doesn't take much to cause a real serious injury. If they are going to have them there should be a fenced area not in a major walkway for them, I have had problems getting down steps and pass there.

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I think it's just another stupid decision from an idiot manager trying to justify his existence (and save a couple of bucks).

TCD

I don't think they even paid for the last batch. Wasn't it Carol that bought some and dropped them off to Ms Josie? If not her I know it was a Fiend. You can't get any cheaper than the guests providing the materials.

7 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I don't think they even paid for the last batch. Wasn't it Carol that bought some and dropped them off to Ms Josie? If not her I know it was a Fiend. You can't get any cheaper than the guests providing the materials.

Jason and/or Beckers also brought her some

My brothers and I used to 'lasso' each other with hula hoops.   Kids running by,  kid with hula hoop drops it over the running kids head, and he's clotheslined.    We had fun doing this, but I'm sure when a strangers kid does it to your kid, it's not the same feeling.

If you don't use the hula hoop as intended,  then it does become dangerous.    Sad to hear they are gone.  Society is just too 'safety focused' these days.  

Ruin hundreds of fun interactions because of the possibility of one bad one.   Just like with the alligators and the brain eating amoeba's.

2 hours ago, bhall said:

Anyone up for a game?

78be3bc8fffab728071db6d01ccdc308.jpg

Why yes they really are mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to be at the Gettysburg campground at the end of June for a  FROG Rally you need to stop by with them for a quick game!!!!

10 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

I am going to be at the Gettysburg campground at the end of June for a  FROG Rally you need to stop by with them for a quick game!!!!

Send me a pm and I'll give you my phone number.  I'll need to be reminded.  At the end of June I'll most likely be involved in setting up the battle reenactment.