https://www.sunpass.com/tollCalculator

The first link will help you figure out the cost of tolls. If you think you'll have a chance to use it more than one trip it may be worth investing in the portable transponder for sunpass. It's easy to set up and change the vehicles online on your phone. 

https://www.sunpass.com/purchase

If you're flying in and renting a car check with the rental company and see if they have an option to use toll by plate or sunpass through them. 

Thanks derek! We are flying and renting but the rental company wanted something crazy like $10 a day for their transponder but my dad just told me he has a sun pass! I think we will just bring that but I'm going to check that link and see if it's worth bringing. My luck i would forget it in the rental car when we turn it in.

I'm not sure how much you'd save, but it would be easier than bringing a bag of quarters. 

Wow for 10.00 a day thats a rip off if you're there for more than 3 days. I guess that must include your tolls though, but still you'd have to be driving a lot of toll roads to make that worth it. 

We got one for the family and just switch it between vehicles when we need it.

19 hours ago, Beckers said:

Thanks derek! We are flying and renting but the rental company wanted something crazy like $10 a day for their transponder but my dad just told me he has a sun pass! I think we will just bring that but I'm going to check that link and see if it's worth bringing. My luck i would forget it in the rental car when we turn it in.

Beckers,  When you get your rental car, and if it has their version of the SunPass or any other sort of toll tag (depending on where the car is licensed), make sure the lid is closed or the lever is flipped in a way so that it will not work.  The safest thing to do is to remove it from the glass and place it in the console of the car until the rental is over.  Most of the time these things are affixed to the glass by some sort of Velcro.  It would be terrible to get home and receive a bill for tolls plus their "convenience fee".

Also, if you are using your Dad's SunPass, and its the portable version, download the SunPass app to your phone as you are supposed to register the particular car you are driving at the moment.  Florida's SunPass system and the app allows you to temporarily register a rental car to use with the toll tag.  We do this all the time when we fly in and rent cars at MCO or TPA.  It is very easy and user friendly.