We had a plumbing leak that has resulted in rotting under our shower. Jason was in the shower while we were at the Fort, and the back of the shower pan sunk in the back. Fun times.

We're going to have to pull the shower out to fix it. While we're doing that, I figure we'll refresh the whole bathroom.

I'd love to find something besides the plain shower walls, but not sure what's possible.

We need a new toilet. We really hate ours.

I'm also considering a new counter, sink, and faucet. Has anyone done that? What's a good (but not heavy) counter option?

Lastly, we need better bathroom storage. I want to add an additional shelf behind our mirror and get something for towels over the toilet. If you've got something good, I'd love to see it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of motor homes, including ours, come with Corian counters, so weight must be reasonable. They are quite durable, and come in tons of colors and designs.

I'd also recommend a high profile China bowl toilet. They have a residential feel and are very pleasant to spend some quality time on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

A lot of motor homes, including ours, come with Corian counters, so weight must be reasonable. They are quite durable, and come in tons of colors and designs.

I'd also recommend a high profile China bowl toilet. They have a residential feel and are very pleasant to spend some quality time on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I had a feeling you'd chime in about the toilet.

The Dometic 310 toilet is on our list of upgrades for this year, have read nothing but good things about it. As far as shower walls go, the standard mirex type wall board at home Depot or Lowes would do the job, and could make it a little nicer....but I bet you could get a more moden rv shower wall kit for pretty cheap. As far as counter, similar to what Dave said,  any counter shop should have a scrap of corian you could buy or have for pennies. I teach HS Shop and we get scraps from the local cabinet company here. You can work it with regular wood tools including routering the edges....simple wet sanding will take care of any scratches.  Strips doubled up and glued to the front 1/2 inch overhang will make it look like a custom piece. 

The Dometic 310 toilet is on our list of upgrades for this year, have read nothing but good things about it. As far as shower walls go, the standard mirex type wall board at home Depot or Lowes would do the job, and could make it a little nicer....but I bet you could get a more moden rv shower wall kit for pretty cheap. As far as counter, similar to what Dave said,  any counter shop should have a scrap of corian you could buy or have for pennies. I teach HS Shop and we get scraps from the local cabinet company here. You can work it with regular wood tools including routering the edges....simple wet sanding will take care of any scratches.  Strips doubled up and glued to the front 1/2 inch overhang will make it look like a custom piece. 

I think that's the toilet we looked at. I wonder if a shop would even cut a scrap for us. Something worth looking into.

1 hour ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Yes, it should be! We're still going to make some upgrades too.

Gonna finally put in that jetted soaking tub and steam sauna?  :lol: