SING, a movie Disney will wish they made

Finally broke down and saw SING last night after seeing about 3,000,000 trailers for it. My granddaughter has been talking about it since we saw the first trailer.

When I saw the first trailer I thought what a dumb idea for a movie, animals singing ala American Idol (a show I always avoided).

Well, it was amazing.

When was the last time you heard a Spencer Davis Group/Traffic song in a cartoon?  I'll tell you NEVER.  Gimmie Some Loving was featured right near the beginning.

There were Beatles tunes, Sinatra,  Hallelujah, and tons more.

It was a good story-line, fast paced, some adultish jokes, some drama, and non stop laughs.

Our family gives it 5 stars.

Thanks for the review. My 18 yr old son and I had talked about seeing it since we saw the first trailer, and then after seeing about 3,000,000 trailers for it we were worried that it was one of those movies where we'd seen all the best parts already in the trailers. We had planned to see it over the holidays but then decided against it. Now I'm wishing we had since it's likely he's not going to have time to go to a movie with me any time soon. 

I respectfully disagree. We saw it the day after Christmas, and everyone (kids included) thought it was just OK except for the last 20-25 minutes or so.

Everyone thought that part and the ending was pretty decent. The entire scene with all the tryouts and different songs was pretty much in the trailers. They jumped around so much during that part we were wondering if they had to pay for a song if they played it for more than 15 seconds, lol.

The kids rated it about the same as the last minion movie on their scale. Some funny parts, but Moana and Finding Dory were way better movies to have seen over the break.

18 minutes ago, Seals said:

Thanks for the review. My 18 yr old son and I had talked about seeing it since we saw the first trailer, and then after seeing about 3,000,000 trailers for it we were worried that it was one of those movies where we'd seen all the best parts already in the trailers. We had planned to see it over the holidays but then decided against it. Now I'm wishing we had since it's likely he's not going to have time to go to a movie with me any time soon. 

The trailer parts were in it, but there was a lot more goodies they didn't show.

I liked that they had older (60s thru 80s) music plus newer songs in it.

PS you don't have to stay for the credits to finish.  There was a part near the end that seemed unanswered and we figured it would finish up after the credit roll... nope, nothing to see, keep on moving along...

And on a side note, it's amazing the amount of ads/trailers theaters run.  Before the "start" time, they run commercials for anything and everything.  Once the start time hits there is one or two ads plus the trailers.  The last few times we've gone the movie doesn't start until 20+ minutes after the posted show time.

22 minutes ago, Travisma said:

PS you don't have to stay for the credits to finish.  There was a part near the end that seemed unanswered and we figured it would finish up after the credit roll... nope, nothing to see, keep on moving along...

Yup. We stayed until the end of the credits, figuring that would be resolved, but nope. Weird.

51 minutes ago, Travisma said:

The trailer parts were in it, but there was a lot more goodies they didn't show.

I liked that they had older (60s thru 80s) music plus newer songs in it.

And on a side note, it's amazing the amount of ads/trailers theaters run.  Before the "start" time, they run commercials for anything and everything.  Once the start time hits there is one or two ads plus the trailers.  The last few times we've gone the movie doesn't start until 20+ minutes after the posted show time.

I mostly only know 60s-80s music so that would be good for me.

My family ALWAYS stays until the end of the credits. It's a weird thing my husband and I started long before kids and now my kids know if they go with us we're staying till the bitter end. It's actually become a  family joke/quirk that we're usually the last ones to leave the theater.  When my boys were younger they made it a game out of it by looking for their first names in the credits. Now they usually just pull out their phones to pass the time while they wait for the weird parents.

I can't stand the before movie commercials but I don't go to movies too often, or watch much tv, so I like seeing the trailers to know what's out there. Saw several things I want to see during the Moana trailers but only one during the trailers for Rogue One. 

8 minutes ago, Seals said:

I mostly only know 60s-80s music so that would be good for me.

My family ALWAYS stays until the end of the credits. It's a weird thing my husband and I started long before kids and now my kids know if they go with us we're staying till the bitter end. It's actually become a  family joke/quirk that we're usually the last ones to leave the theater.  When my boys were younger they made it a game out of it by looking for their first names in the credits. Now they usually just pull out their phones to pass the time while they wait for the weird parents.

I can't stand the before movie commercials but I don't go to movies too often, or watch much tv, so I like seeing the trailers to know what's out there. Saw several things I want to see during the Moana trailers but only one during the trailers for Rogue One. 

We just started going back to the movies semi regularly.  We have one theater that has great (well better than full price) discounts all day Tuesdays.  $5 admission, $2 small drinks or popcorns.

They even had Rouge One for $5 the Tuesday after it came out.  That was a shocker.

My granddaughter is adding to her must see list every time we go.

She want to see:

Hidden Figures

Monster Truck

Rock Dog

A Dogs Purpose

Lego Batman

Despicable Me 3

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Power Rangers

\Wonder Woman

Spiderman Homecoming

Smurfs (I suffered thru Trolls)

I went and saw it this afternoon with my girls and one of their friends. Honestly I wish I had waited to see it at the discount theater or when it came out on DVD. I can't speak for best parts being in the trailers because I try my best to avoid those. I agree with Shoreline99 that it jumped around too much.

I have not seen Moana yet, but Rachel has. I asked her which she liked better as far as story and music goes and she said Moana. Now I need to go see that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

My kids saw Sing and said it was just ok. They also saw Moana and they absolutely loved that. Now they want to either stay at the Poly or go to Aulani. Well played, Disney.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Yep, and I was recently looking at some pricing, and the Poly was more expensive than the Grand. :huh: