4 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Yes... but now I feel bad.  We really do work hard to follow the rules, which is why we were honest about our 10lb ball of fluff when asked at check-in for the 100 loop.

I don't think you should feel bad at all.  The Fort needs to do a much better job of communicating their rules.  They used to be pretty vigilant about asking guests to sign a pet agreement which included all kinds of rules, but reports lately are that they are very inconsistent with this.  It sounds like no one asked you to sign a pet agreement for your ball of fluff.

I've only camped in my pop up camper, and the rules used to specifically say it was OK to have a dog with you if the unit had AC.  For a long time, the Disney site didn't state the rules.  We just had Rocky with us over this past Thanksgiving, and no one told us we couldn't have him there in our camper.  He's camped with us, on and off, since he was a puppy, and he's about to turn 7 next month.  Now the Disney site does say no pets in pop-ups.  I don't know how I'm going to break that news to Rocky.

TCD

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We checked in on 12/22/16. There was a trainee cm working check-in. We signed the release and paid the fee. Your mileage may vary. Opinion to follow so stop reading now.  If you have a pet, you s

I find it odd how things have changed so drastically.   Disney used to keep pets out of the Fort when they had the on site kennel. Then they had "designated" pet loops. Now it seems lik

Why couldn't you stay in a pet loop of they split them?   You stay in them now   Besides, If people with pets stay in non pet friendly loops why can't people without pets stay in pet loops?   Lol

27 minutes ago, AuburnJen said:

Did we mention in addition to the dogs in the 2000 loop the fact that most of the "305" area code was there and throwing up all night?  Normally, I enjoy being next to the comfort station and enjoy not having to walk a long way when we bring the popup.  (no, I didn't bring the dog, because dogs don't belong in tents or popups unless you are staying with them 24/7 and watching them at every second)  We "enjoyed" (in my most sarcastic voice) the chanting of "let's hear it for the 305" and all of the running through my site from the children, as they tripped over the power cords to the popup and ran into the popup and my cars.  I said many ugly things in spanish and english.

So, I am usually tolerant of dogs and kids, however, this weekend was a little much for both.  I don't think I will be staying in the 2000 with all of Miami again.  I will pay the upgrade to full.  

You were near the second comfort station close to where I was. Yeah there was 6 families that came with one of the 305 groups. It didn't help also that some of the kids tried (I use that term loosely) to fight me with me. That's when I called Orange County. Some of those kids were just too much. Most of those families were around me and even tried to take one of the spots that my other family member was using. I know one group just pulled into a spot without being assigned because it brought problems later on in the day. I will say it was a mess. That's why next year I'm going in earlier and leaving later. I can't pay for the upgrade since most of the family is in tents. 

23 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I don't think you should feel bad at all.  The Fort needs to do a much better job of communicating their rules.  They used to be pretty vigilant about asking guests to sign a pet agreement which included all kinds of rules, but reports lately are that they are very inconsistent with this.  It sounds like no one asked you to sign a pet agreement for your ball of fluff.

I've only camped in my pop up camper, and the rules used to specifically say it was OK to have a dog with you if the unit had AC.  For a long time, the Disney site didn't state the rules.  We just had Rocky with us over this past Thanksgiving, and no one told us we couldn't have him there in our camper.  He's camped with us, on and off, since he was a puppy, and he's about to turn 7 next month.  Now the Disney site does say no pets in pop-ups.  I don't know how I'm going to break that news to Rocky.

TCD

They say it.... but how many enforce it? If you're in a full site, apparently they will allow you to have your animal. That's what I was told at the front desk.

What's wrong with all you animal haters?

fur babies are people.  They should have the same rights as any other guest.  If they want to bark all day and night so what.  If they poop on your site it's just their way of saying hello.   Bedsides why should I follow the rules. I'm paying a lot of money to stay at Disney.   And if I want to let my baby run around I will. He's part of the family.   It's my vacation!!!

this has been an illustration of the attitudes I see some people having now a days.   We have become an "it's all about me" society.

And IMHO it's going to take something drastic before Disney does anything to enforce its own rules.  It will probably take a kid been bitten by a dog who Disney allowed in a non designated pet loop.  I can here it now. Your honor we asked for a loop that doesn't allow pets and right after we arrived at our site and got out of our vehicle this dog ran up and bit our child.  We later found out that not only did Disney know this dog was in a non-designated pet loop, they knowingly sent the owners to this site because the loops which allow dogs was full.   Even though there were guests in those loops that didn't have a pet. 

50 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

fur babies are people.  They should have the same rights as any other guest.  If they want to bark all day and night so what.  If they poop on your site it's just their way of saying hello.   Bedsides why should I follow the rules. I'm paying a lot of money to stay at Disney.   And if I want to let my baby run around I will. He's part of the family.   It's my vacation!!!

this has been an illustration of the attitudes I see some people having now a days.   We have become an "it's all about me" society.

And IMHO it's going to take something drastic before Disney does anything to enforce its own rules.  It will probably take a kid been bitten by a dog who Disney allowed in a non designated pet loop.  I can here it now. Your honor we asked for a loop that doesn't allow pets and right after we arrived at our site and got out of our vehicle this dog ran up and bit our child.  We later found out that not only did Disney know this dog was in a non-designated pet loop, they knowingly sent the owners to this site because the loops which allow dogs was full.   Even though there were guests in those loops that didn't have a pet. 

Do they even have designated pet loops any more?

1 hour ago, DisneyVampire said:

You were near the second comfort station close to where I was. Yeah there was 6 families that came with one of the 305 groups. It didn't help also that some of the kids tried (I use that term loosely) to fight me with me. That's when I called Orange County. Some of those kids were just too much. Most of those families were around me and even tried to take one of the spots that my other family member was using. I know one group just pulled into a spot without being assigned because it brought problems later on in the day. I will say it was a mess. That's why next year I'm going in earlier and leaving later. I can't pay for the upgrade since most of the family is in tents. 

Normally, I would say that it is too much to pay for the upgrade because they kick up the prices so much, however, I will pay off the bill in installments during the year not to be around that bunch.  It was over the top this year.  I think the clincher with me was when my son came out of the comfort station and told me that one of them was launching (now he was supposedly an adult (in age only)) spitballs over the stalls while all were taking showers.  He said he was taking a shower and then he felt like he had to go and take another one.

13 minutes ago, AuburnJen said:

Normally, I would say that it is too much to pay for the upgrade because they kick up the prices so much, however, I will pay off the bill in installments during the year not to be around that bunch.  It was over the top this year.  I think the clincher with me was when my son came out of the comfort station and told me that one of them was launching (now he was supposedly an adult (in age only)) spitballs over the stalls while all were taking showers.  He said he was taking a shower and then he felt like he had to go and take another one.

We have stayed in 2000 twice.  First time was absolutely the pits.  

Huge groups of people on multiple sites.

Unsupervised kids playing in and around the CS all day and well into the night (our site was right next to the closest sidewalk

Golf carts and kids speeding around the loop in both directions on bikes, scooters, skateboards..

Loud people until 2 AM.

I complained to a Front Desk supervisor/manager and got comped a night for a future visit.

Maybe if enough people started complaining and hitting them in their bottom line they would start taking the complaints seriously.

I have gotten comped two times so far, once for this debacle, and another time my site flooded 2 days in a row and soaked everything in the tent.

It's a little different if you're paying $15-$25 a night and not having a good experience, but at the premium prices the Fort charges I expect to have a premium experience and to be treated/listened to as much as if I was staying in a resort.

Sorry I'm late to the party.....

We travel with 2 mini dachshunds and are so paranoid about them being noisy in the camper when we leave them. We cover their cage with a blanket to muffle the sound and put the ac fan to run constant on low to cover up any noise they make. 

I can say last March I did not tell Jason we were bringing them when we reserved.  The girl at the front gate made me sign the pet waiver but did waive the extra fee that it supposed to be levied on each pet brought in. 

Aside from the pet issue, why should anyone have to pay for an upgrade just to get away from the commotion when it's the morons they let carry on causing the scene....I would be on the phone immediately with the front desk....for a refund or free something!

Just goes to show you how so many people don't care about others and it's getting worse.

I wish all campgrounds had a section for people who just want to be quiet and enjoy themselves. 

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

It's a little different if you're paying $15-$25 a night and not having a good experience, but at the premium prices the Fort charges I expect to have a premium experience and to be treated/listened to as much as if I was staying in a resort.

^this^

13 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

No doubt this is a problem.

But, to me the bigger problem is that Disney makes no consistent effort to publicize and enforce whatever their pet policy is. And there is nothing in the on-line booking process where guests are asked whether or not they plan to bring a pet.

The Disney website has been inconsistent with stating the pet policy.  Currently, it does clearly say that Pets are not permitted in tents and pop-up campers, but they do nothing to enforce that policy, and the rule prohibiting pets from pop-up campers is inconsistent with previous versions of the policy. 

Now, with on-line check in and the texting of site numbers, guests can enter the Fort and go to their sites without receiving any kind of check-in materials or rules.

As with a lot of things, it would be expensive for Disney to hire staff to enforce the pet rules.  So, they don't bother.  Who cares?  It's all about the bottom line.

TCD

There is a place to note if you have a pet but it's buried. It's under the special requests option where you can pick connecting or near a comfort station. 

I love pets but hate irresponsible pet owners. My wife and I are in our mid-60s and we have had both cats and dogs, and we’ve been camping for almost 45 years so we’ve seen a lot of good and bad pet owners.

I’d like to hear opinions from FF members – we currently travel with a 14 year old cat. I always ask for a loop that not a pet-loop. Years ago we were asked to sign the pet-agreement and we told the CM the cat will never leave the RV and they said no problem, but for our protection we should sign it. I can’t remember which trip we were on but I mentioned to the CM about non-pet loops (specifically 100 and 200) and was told the 300 loop is a designated-pet loop but that on occasion they will use 100 and 200 for overflow. I’m not a lawyer but it seems to me Disney has designated pet-loops at the Fort but if you think about it, the remaining loops have no designation – technically they are not designated non-pet loops. We like to think they’re non-pet-loops but I’ve never seen it written down anywhere.

My question is this: are all pets the same? In your opinion, should I have to request a pet loop for an indoor cat? This can be carried to the extreme, what about a hamster in a cage? I understand about the obnoxious bird owner who leaves their bird outside but I personally think a pet that never leaves the RV should be different. However, an indoor pet should have to comply with a noise rule – no loud music, no loud pets….

Also, has FF ever considered a petition to Disney about the Fort rules? I would think FF could have an influence on Disney if FF were to give them suggested specifics on the rules.

CV

13 minutes ago, CastleVista said:

I love pets but hate irresponsible pet owners. My wife and I are in our mid-60s and we have had both cats and dogs, and we’ve been camping for almost 45 years so we’ve seen a lot of good and bad pet owners.

I’d like to hear opinions from FF members – we currently travel with a 14 year old cat. I always ask for a loop that not a pet-loop. Years ago we were asked to sign the pet-agreement and we told the CM the cat will never leave the RV and they said no problem, but for our protection we should sign it. I can’t remember which trip we were on but I mentioned to the CM about non-pet loops (specifically 100 and 200) and was told the 300 loop is a designated-pet loop but that on occasion they will use 100 and 200 for overflow. I’m not a lawyer but it seems to me Disney has designated pet-loops at the Fort but if you think about it, the remaining loops have no designation – technically they are not designated non-pet loops. We like to think they’re non-pet-loops but I’ve never seen it written down anywhere.

My question is this: are all pets the same? In your opinion, should I have to request a pet loop for an indoor cat? This can be carried to the extreme, what about a hamster in a cage? I understand about the obnoxious bird owner who leaves their bird outside but I personally think a pet that never leaves the RV should be different. However, an indoor pet should have to comply with a noise rule – no loud music, no loud pets….

Also, has FF ever considered a petition to Disney about the Fort rules? I would think FF could have an influence on Disney if FF were to give them suggested specifics on the rules.

CV

Quick question...why do you ask for a loop that is not pet friendly?

Do they even have designated pet loops any more?

I'm not an animal hater at all. In fact I have 3 pups and 4 cats. So I can't be.

But to me it's the point of what I had seen in the loop that shocked me. Especially after knowing the rules of no pets in tents or pop ups. I would love to take my fur babies, including the one that has separation anxiety, with me. However, I've never been able to because how I camp. (Tents)

But what you referenced was exactly what I was afraid of. An animal coming up and biting my grandkids.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This. 

40 minutes ago, CastleVista said:

Just trying to avoid irresponsible dog owners who let their dogs bark at all hours, let them run loose, and who don't pick up after them...

CV

This is why there should designated non pet loops.   We have two dogs but don't bring them on vacation. So I'm not an animal hater.  

But since you asked for our opinion I'll give you mine.  I'm sure you are a responsible pet owner but there are people who think they are but are not.    So why should those irresponsible dog owners stay in a pet loop if you don't?  Not a criticism of you.  but how can you say it's ok for you to stay in a non pet friendly loop, but not ok for others?

My cousin thinks their little fur baby is an angel and never keep him on a leash at the lake. Even though the rules say your dog must be on a leash. By the way their dog, a 10lb pound puppy has bitten their daughter twice and a friends kid twice.  But if ask them they will tell you that their dog is harmless and doesn't need to be on a leash.   And that they are a very, very, responsible pet owner. 

46 minutes ago, DisneyVampire said:

They are supposed to. I'm getting with a few people to find out.

Yes, sort of.   Disney calls them a "pet-friendly" loop.  And when you request a pet-friendly loop you are supposed to charged an additional $5.00 per night.  Loop 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1600, 1700, 1800, and 1900 are all pet-friendly loops. 

So that means 11 of the 20 loops are pet-friendly.  So more than half of all loops are pet friendly. 

Imho. ALL Pets should be only allowed in pet friendly loops. I don't want to be around barking dogs, chirping birds, or cats (I am seriously allergic to cats.) when I'm on vacation. 

And yes all pets. Including a hamster in a cage. Where do you draw the line?  Your a responsible pet owner. But who is going to be the judge of that. What if I'm in a non preferred pet loop and I'm next to a responsible pet owner and their indoor only cat accidentally gets out and decides to take a quick nap of my hammock while I'm gone?  Then I come home and lay down for a nap.  Then I have to suffer because my allergies flair up.    

Imho. If you bring a pet to the fort you should be in a pet friendly loop. And if Disney messes up and the pet loops are all full they should have to provide kennel services for you. 

14 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

There is a place to note if you have a pet but it's buried. It's under the special requests option where you can pick connecting or near a comfort station. 

And IIRC, I think it's after you've already run the dates and picked your level of site, isn't it?

If Disney wanted to give people the ability to choose a pet/non-pet site, they could split the current levels of sites info pet/nonpet - so there would be:

Premium

Premium - pet friendly

Preferred -

Preferred - pet friendly

(all Full are already pet friendly)

... but then what do they do with the partial sites? Like TCD said, they've never clearly and consistently publicized policy when it comes to whether or not people can have pets in tents/popups, and people often report pets in both the 1500 & 2000 loops.

H2odivers…Ray – I totally respect your point that pets means ‘all pets’. I absolutely believe rules in a civilized society are for everyone and I believe in following the rules. I have always told the CM during check-in that we have a cat and that it never leaves the RV and they’ve always said OK – I don’t know if that’s an official Disney policy or just the CM interpretation. I understand an allergy concern – I also have allergies – but I can state with absolute certainty our cat will never leave the RV. That’s kinda why I weighed in on this – looking for other guests opinions on a definition of a ‘pet’ and if anyone knows what Disney’s written policy actually is.

I think when Disney uses the term ‘pet friendly’ they are only referring to the loops being friendly to dogs in that there is a dog ‘exercise’ area near the loop. Just looking for other opinions. We try to stay in the 100 loop because of the proximity to transportation and it’s just not designated pet-friendly. I can also say we have never stayed in the 100 loop where there wasn’t a dog somewhere in the loop. Disney has certain loops designated pet friendly but all others have no designation – they are not designated ‘no pets allowed’ loops – I think Disney can and does put pet owners in all the loops.

If Disney were to have certain loops designated as absolutely no pets allowed and that were to include cats that never leave the RV I would be happy to comply and I would leave the cat baby at the kennel.

... but then what do they do with the partial sites? Like TCD said, they've never clearly and consistently publicized policy when it comes to whether or not people can have pets in tents/popups, and people often report pets in both the 1500 & 2000 loops.

According to the FD they are not supposed to have any in those loops since they cannot regulate the cooling system for the animals. However, that's not true to the case.

And IIRC, I think it's after you've already run the dates and picked your level of site, isn't it?

If Disney wanted to give people the ability to choose a pet/non-pet site, they could split the current levels of sites info pet/nonpet - so there would be:

Premium

Premium - pet friendly

Preferred -

Preferred - pet friendly

I don't think we'll ever see designations like that because Disney wants the flexibility to put people, with or without pets, wherever they want and not get themselves hemmed in by pet designations. Otherwise they could find themselves oversold on one site category and have another with availability. Yes, this happens with the existing categories but they far and away have more Premium sites so if the lower categories are oversold they can upgrade people with no complaints. Not as easy to move folks from pet to non-pet or vice versa.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, CastleVista said:

I think when Disney uses the term ‘pet friendly’ they are only referring to the loops being friendly to dogs in that there is a dog ‘exercise’ area near the loop. Just looking for other opinions. We try to stay in the 100 loop because of the proximity to transportation and it’s just not designated pet-friendly. I can also say we have never stayed in the 100 loop where there wasn’t a dog somewhere in the loop. Disney has certain loops designated pet friendly but all others have no designation – they are not designated ‘no pets allowed’ loops – I think Disney can and does put pet owners in all the loops.

Let me start by saying I'm not picking on you, or trying to start a quarrel I'm just using your statements to illustrate a point.  

You on originally posted "I always ask for a loop that not a pet-loop."  And by your definition the term "pet friendly" only applies to dogs.   A good attorney could probably make a good argument that since a pet friendly loop is for dogs then any other loop is not for dogs. And since Disney allowed Mr. Smith to check in to loop 100, a non designated pet loop, they are liable for Mr. Smith's dog biting little Suzy.   

Disney gives the impression that pets are to be in pet friendly loops and when you don't want to around pets the impression is that there are "not a pet loops."    Where dogs aren't allowed.  Yet occasionally they allow them.  

That, in my opinion, is why Disney will end up getting sued and will be held liable when a little kid gets bit by a dog knowingly allowed in a non pet friendly loop.   

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Premium

Premium - pet friendly

Preferred -

Preferred - pet friendly

Disney already gives you the option of picking a pet-friendly loop   It just doesn't give to the option to pick a non pet friendly loop  

There are already more pet loops than not. 

There are 2 non pet friendly- preferred loops and 1 pet friendly- preferred loop 

there are 5 non pet friendly- premium loops and 6 pet friendly- premium loops

all 4 full loops are pet friendly

the 2 partial loops are non pet friendly.  And on disney's website it quite clearly states "pets are not allowed in pop-up trailers or tents."   But in Disney vague way.  It doesn't say you can't have pets in the partial loops. Lol