38 minutes ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

So where does the therapy pony stay? Or pig, monkey, llama, goat, hey what about a mini cow? With a cow you could have warm snuggles and fresh milk everyday. What loop do they get put in ;0). 

Any loop the guest wants to stay in. Lol. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We checked in on 12/22/16. There was a trainee cm working check-in. We signed the release and paid the fee. Your mileage may vary. Opinion to follow so stop reading now.  If you have a pet, you s

I find it odd how things have changed so drastically.   Disney used to keep pets out of the Fort when they had the on site kennel. Then they had "designated" pet loops. Now it seems lik

Why couldn't you stay in a pet loop of they split them?   You stay in them now   Besides, If people with pets stay in non pet friendly loops why can't people without pets stay in pet loops?   Lol

As a non-pet owner, I really don't want a definitive split between pet and non-pet loops. ALL of the full hookup loops are pet loops, and if I want to book a full hookup, if they were definitively split, then I wouldn't be able to book full hookup.

I often want to be near other Fort Fiends that are pet owners, so if they were split, I wouldn't be able to be in the same loop. I don't know if there is a real solution, except that pet owners need to be held accountable.

Don't know if that is gonna happen though.

1 hour ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

As a non-pet owner, I really don't want a definitive split between pet and non-pet loops. ALL of the full hookup loops are pet loops, and if I want to book a full hookup, if they were definitively split, then I wouldn't be able to book full hookup.

I often want to be near other Fort Fiends that are pet owners, so if they were split, I wouldn't be able to be in the same loop. I don't know if there is a real solution, except that pet owners need to be held accountable.

Don't know if that is gonna happen though.

Why couldn't you stay in a pet loop of they split them?   You stay in them now  

Besides, If people with pets stay in non pet friendly loops why can't people without pets stay in pet loops?   Lol  

but your absolutely correct about the pet owners need lung to be held accountable  as well as the others who think they own the fort    

We just won't bring our dogs to the Fort. We are away too long at the parks. Even if we came back to camp every few hours, our dogs would go nuts being unable to run around most of the time. 

Our dogs do camp with us at state parks all the time. However, they are never alone at the site. They go where we go as that is a different type of camping. When we go camping at the beach, where they are not allowed on the beach, we take turns hanging around the site with them. Disney just doesn't seem like a fun place for our dogs, they are much happier staying home with other family members. 

As a matter of fact, as I sit here and type this, we are waiting on new addition, Joan the German Shepherd, who is on her way here straight from the Fort. She is not a "camping at Disney" fan. :rolleyes:

We have never had pets and never asked for a specific type of loop. Have been assigned a pet loop more often then not.  Now that means a pet owner can't have that site. 

My feeling is if this issue is pushed for a decision by disney all the loops will be pet loops.  We have never been in any campground that had a none pet loops.

1 hour ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I am more than happy to stay in pet loops. What I think people are advocating is that if they had a true split system, folks without pets would not be able to reserve a pet loop.

Why not? If you make a reservation for a pet loop, that's what you get.

I always clean up after my dog (s) now just dog ;-(.  But I'm sure from time to time one has pooped in the bushes around our site with out me catching it. I always worried that some kid will step in it    But then I'm always wondering why the parents of these kids allowed them to walk through other campers sites.  And then I also wonder how often they fall into armadillo holes and run into snakes.  But I still have only ever run into a few problems with other guest but mostly people happy to meet our dog(s)    

16 hours ago, Andrew Roberts said:

I always clean up after my dog (s) now just dog ;-(.  But I'm sure from time to time one has pooped in the bushes around our site with out me catching it. I always worried that some kid will step in it    But then I'm always wondering why the parents of these kids allowed them to walk through other campers sites.  And then I also wonder how often they fall into armadillo holes and run into snakes.  But I still have only ever run into a few problems with other guest but mostly people happy to meet our dog(s)    

That's great, but I wasn't talking about them not cleaning up in their site.  They let the dogs run loose, and they went in my camp site.  The owners would walk out of the camper with the dogs and let them go.  They wouldn't watch them, they'd just wait for them to come back.  Most pet owners I see are very courteous, as it sounds like you are.  It is the few that are causing the problems, and the attitude attached to those few seems to be growing, not only with pets, but things like ignoring rules for golf carts, driving the wrong way around loops, beeping horns at 11:00PM, etc.

In my opinion all of these issues come from Disney NOT enforcing their rules.  Also, their reservation system software seems to be either very poor or Disney has strange reservation ideas.  If a pet owner has to stay in a non-pet loop Disney should offer to let them use the kennels for free. Maybe that would get Disney to look at their reservation policy/system for the Fort.  

23 minutes ago, PGHFiend said:

Anymore, I think I'd rather hang out with dogs than people.  

This is very true! I would rather camp with a loop full of dogs running loose, than people running loose. 

I would rather clean up someone's dog poop, than listen to people being really loud. We clean up plenty of dog poop in our own yard everyday that I probably wouldn't even notice I was doing it. Force of habit. 

I'm not advocating people letting dogs run loose, or not clean up after them, just saying it would be much less of a trip-killer than human noise or trash. 

Our dogs can just never visit the Fort due to the lifestyle they are used to, which is running loose on 8 acres all day, with access to the house via doggy door. They do okay state park camping only because they are never alone. 

On 1/7/2017 at 6:49 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I am more than happy to stay in pet loops. What I think people are advocating is that if they had a true split system, folks without pets would not be able to reserve a pet loop.

I personally think people should have the right to be in a true non pet loop or a pet loop. Regardless if they have a pet or not.

15 hours ago, djsamuel said:

That's great, but I wasn't talking about them not cleaning up in their site.  They let the dogs run loose, and they went in my camp site.  .... It is the few that are causing the problems, and the attitude attached to those few seems to be growing, not only with pets, but things like ignoring rules for golf carts, driving the wrong way around loops, beeping horns at 11:00PM, etc.

This exactly. 

And letting the dogs run loose like the whole Fort is their back yard???  Yeah, that is SO not cool.  I don't care how friendly the dogs may be (although people that do stuff like this usually don't know their dogs as well as they think they do), I'd have the front office on speed dial for that.

13 hours ago, mmfancipher said:

IAlso, their reservation system software seems to be either very poor or Disney has strange reservation ideas.

I think one big issue is that the reservation system serves all the resorts - none of rest which have the issue of where to put pets.  For Disney to accommodate letting people reserve a pet site up front (not as an add on after you've confirmed availability, like being near the comfort station) they'd have to setup something separate/different for just one resort.  If it were a resort that charged $600/night, they might actually do it.  For the Fort, which gets the short end of the stick more often than not, I don't see it happening.

All that said, it's still the only campground I've ever run into personally that has designated pet/nonpet loops.  All the ones I've either stayed at or looked into either allow pets or don't, regardless of what site you're in.  So there too, the Fort is an anomaly. I still think it goes back to what many have said - if they just clearly stated (everywhere) and enforced their rules consistently, there would be no problem, or at least far fewer problems. 

And as in all things, a few bad apples (or in this case irresponsible, inconsiderate pet owners) ruin it for the rest of us.  Although I do think they really are in the minority.  In all times we've camped at the Fort, it's truly been rare that we've run into an irresponsible pet owner.  We're usually there for 3 weeks at a time, so we see a lot of turnover, and we've had trips where the worst we've seen is some errant poo, and many trips where there's been nothing to complain about. But that's kind of how things go too.  They say in sales/marketing that happy customers don't tell others of their experiences nearly as much as unhappy ones.  :)

On 1/6/2017 at 3:03 PM, Travisma said:

We have stayed in 2000 twice.  First time was absolutely the pits.  

Huge groups of people on multiple sites.

Unsupervised kids playing in and around the CS all day and well into the night (our site was right next to the closest sidewalk

Golf carts and kids speeding around the loop in both directions on bikes, scooters, skateboards..

Loud people until 2 AM.

I complained to a Front Desk supervisor/manager and got comped a night for a future visit.

Maybe if enough people started complaining and hitting them in their bottom line they would start taking the complaints seriously.

I have gotten comped two times so far, once for this debacle, and another time my site flooded 2 days in a row and soaked everything in the tent.

It's a little different if you're paying $15-$25 a night and not having a good experience, but at the premium prices the Fort charges I expect to have a premium experience and to be treated/listened to as much as if I was staying in a resort.

oh trust me, I will be complaining.  I just haven't had a chance to sit down yet and write that letter

3 hours ago, 3/5th Wheel said:

This thread has been really educational for me. I called & upgraded to a premium site - I made sure to tell the Cast Member that we have a dog. I think I mentioned it several times... So, if you are there in May & you see a beautiful golden retriever in a non-pet loop...I tried my best :)

LOL - no worries!  I'd venture a guess that if you took a poll (and brought a lie detector with you) more people with dogs in non-pet loops than not were probably put there by Disney knowing full well they had them.

Or... maybe I'm just the eternal optimist that likes to think that most people are considerate and follow the rules.

(yeah yeah, I know I know)

22 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

All that said, it's still the only campground I've ever run into personally that has designated pet/nonpet loops.  All the ones I've either stayed at or looked into either allow pets or don't, regardless of what site you're in.  So there too, the Fort is an anomaly. I still think it goes back to what many have said - if they just clearly stated (everywhere) and enforced their rules consistently, there would be no problem, or at least far fewer problems. 

Agree regarding other campgrounds not having pet-free loops.  However, almost all other campgrounds I've been to, enforce the rules regarding pets (and other things).  In addition, most other campgrounds have a smaller percentage of "it's all about me" people in them, and are more likely to be courteous of others.  Again, most at the Fort are VERY considerate, but there are a noticeable minority who disregard everybody else. We camped at the Fort 9 times in 2016, and once so far this year.  This trip in 2017 was by far the worst in several years in terms of rude people and pets.  Usually, there aren't issues at all regarding pets.  Golf carts are a different story...:lol:

23 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Agree regarding other campgrounds not having pet-free loops.  However, almost all other campgrounds I've been to, enforce the rules regarding pets (and other things).  In addition, most other campgrounds have a smaller percentage of "it's all about me" people in them, and are more likely to be courteous of others.  Again, most at the Fort are VERY considerate, but there are a noticeable minority who disregard everybody else. We camped at the Fort 9 times in 2016, and once so far this year.  This trip in 2017 was by far the worst in several years in terms of rude people and pets.  Usually, there aren't issues at all regarding pets.  Golf carts are a different story...:lol:

Now I know you aren't far from the Fort, closer than we are in Tampa, but being nosy how did you manage to go so many times?

Were these long trips or weekend jaunts.  And if weekends what days?  What type of sites?

My wife is always looking for sites and nothing ever opens up unless you want 5 or more days.

Even just a Friday, Saturday night would be hard for us because the granddaughter has gymnastics until 7 on Fridays.

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

Agree regarding other campgrounds not having pet-free loops.  However, almost all other campgrounds I've been to, enforce the rules regarding pets (and other things).  In addition, most other campgrounds have a smaller percentage of "it's all about me" people in them, and are more likely to be courteous of others. 

All good points!

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

Now I know you aren't far from the Fort, closer than we are in Tampa, but being nosy how did you manage to go so many times?

Were these long trips or weekend jaunts.  And if weekends what days?  What type of sites?

My wife is always looking for sites and nothing ever opens up unless you want 5 or more days.

Even just a Friday, Saturday night would be hard for us because the granddaughter has gymnastics until 7 on Fridays.

We usually check in on Thursdays and out on Sunday or Monday.  We do make the reservations way in advance.  For example, we have 2017 reserved in May and June as well as October, November and December.  This year was excessive because we had family visiting several times and it was easier for us to be at the campground then drive in to get into the parks with family every day.  

Finding opening in January through mid April is really difficult now; but we can usually do pretty well in July to September.  We almost always stay in a preferred site, although this december we had to book a premium.

1 minute ago, djsamuel said:

We usually check in on Thursdays and out on Sunday or Monday.  We do make the reservations way in advance.  For example, we have 2017 reserved in May and June as well as October, November and December.  This year was excessive because we had family visiting several times and it was easier for us to be at the campground then drive in to get into the parks with family every day.  

Finding opening in January through mid April is really difficult now; but we can usually do pretty well in July to September.  We almost always stay in a preferred site, although this december we had to book a premium.

Thanks.  

Those days limit us since the granddaughter is in the STEM program in middle school, and she really can't take Thursday, Friday, or Monday off.

The school was the reason we cancelled Halloween 2016.

Of course anything with a Monday holiday is fully booked, prices jacked up, and usually needing to book 4 or 5 days.

Just now, Travisma said:

Thanks.  

Those days limit us since the granddaughter is in the STEM program in middle school, and she really can't take Thursday, Friday, or Monday off.

The school was the reason we cancelled Halloween 2016.

Of course anything with a Monday holiday is fully booked, prices jacked up, and usually needing to book 4 or 5 days.

Very true.  I think the fact we can come in on Thursdays is a big help.  

Congratulations on the STEM program.  I love to see that.

We checked in on 12/22/16. There was a trainee cm working check-in. We signed the release and paid the fee. Your mileage may vary.

Opinion to follow so stop reading now.  If you have a pet, you should be in a pet friendly loop. Period. Otherwise, we are relying on the cm s at the front gate to determine if you are an honest person that will never allow your pet to exit the rv. That is futile. As with anything, the majority are honest, but the jack wagon weasely lowlifes would leverage this nuance to their benefit (and everybody else's detriment).