• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Determined camper heading to the Fort. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'll try with Tapatalk.

State of Emergency called in GA... for (a possible) 2 to 5 inches of snow.  How will we ever survive?!!  

Just now, Grumpy and Grandma said:

You better rush to the store for bread & milk.  

I've been getting pictures of bare shelves... but I had actually gone shopping earlier in the week.  We did run by Costco last night to pick up some paper towels and eggs.  As long as we don't loose power, we're good.  Now... why didn't we buy that generator again?

32 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

They're already out of that in our area and telling people they will have to wait for the supply trucks to arrive later today.

They are predicting rain going into sleet and ending in snow here. Supposed to be between 4-6 inches of precipitation. One of the local weather folks is saying expect to be snowed in through Tuesday. As long as there isn't much ice our neighbor who owns a grading business will have the road cleared once the snow stops. If it turns out to be ice the road will stay frozen for a few days due to facing north and being in the shade. With that I need to cool down from my exercise, clean up and make a BEER run.

I feel bad for our southern friends.  At least up here, most know how to deal with it.  Seven degrees here now, but sunny. Best piece of advice I can offer is, stay off the roads until the snow/ice is gone.  If you do need to go out, take a blanket, food (like pop tarts), and something to drink if case you get caught up in a traffic problem.  Good Luck.

31 minutes ago, PghBob said:

I feel bad for our southern friends.  At least up here, most know how to deal with it.  Seven degrees here now, but sunny. Best piece of advice I can offer is, stay off the roads until the snow/ice is gone.  If you do need to go out, take a blanket, food (like pop tarts), and something to drink if case you get caught up in a traffic problem.  Good Luck.

Beside keeping you warm, it's also good to protect your modesty when nature calls and there are no restrooms for miles !

31 minutes ago, ceemike...Mike & Judy said:

314802270adad1ebadc0ea8ddb015183.jpg

Determined camper heading to the Fort.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Haha...that's great :lol:

27 minutes ago, PghBob said:

In 2014 was the last time Atlanta had winter weather and it took my husband 26 hours to get home.  The problem, he explained, was that people simply stopped on the roads and did not move.  If they would have gotten out of this way, he could have gotten home, but too many were afraid to move...so they simply stopped.  He is planning to leave work early today, just in case the snow/ice really do come in.

Y'all are cracking me up. Yes I know it's a much bigger deal there, but we had an inch of snow overnight and I barely noticed when I let the dogs out this morning.  ;)

2 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Still makes me laugh when people do that up here.  We had a storm last week and went to the market the day before (just for our regular "there's no food in the house" shopping) and the bread aisle was empty!  Seriously.  How much bread are people eating??  LOL

1 hour ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Depending on which source I check, we're predicted to get 6 to 10 inches of snow.  And single digit temps Saturday and Sunday nights.  Then 63 degrees a week from today.  I wish mother nature would make up her mind.

6-10 inches is another story.  Hopefully it ends up being less and if not, stay safe!

1 hour ago, ceemike...Mike & Judy said:

314802270adad1ebadc0ea8ddb015183.jpg

Determined camper heading to the Fort.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That. Is. Amazing.

I'm already chuckling here because now that we're not heading to the Fort until March, DH has to snowblow the side yard every storm to make sure when March rolls around, we can actually get the camper out.  As it is there's a better than average chance we'll have to climb up to shovel the roof off to remove the cover.  :)

20 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Y'all are cracking me up. Yes I know it's a much bigger deal there, but we had an inch of snow overnight and I barely noticed when I let the dogs out this morning.  ;)

I'm already chuckling here because now that we're not heading to the Fort until March, DH has to snowblow the side yard every storm to make sure when March rolls around, we can actually get the camper out.  As it is there's a better than average chance we'll have to climb up to shovel the roof off to remove the cover.  :)

Haha... we're laughing too.  I grew up in the PNW, where ice storms are not uncommon and then lived in Denver for a few years where you could start the day in shorts and end with 4 inches of snow, so there was no "prep" time :lol:   People here are just not use to it.

Your comment on having to dig out in March... yuck!!  While I'm not worried about the snow, I will say that I do not like cold weather.  I thought, by moving to the south, I'd get away from that...but every few years, it seems to find me ^_^  If I didn't like Spring (except for the allergies here) and Fall so much, we'd move to FL.

I had to venture out earlier, and the roads were very slick and snow covered.  Yes, I live in the south, but many of you know I lived the first 35 years of my life in Buffalo and know how to deal with snow.  The problem here is that we simply don't own the equipment to effectively salt and plow when this happens.  I don't care how much experience someone has driving in winter conditions, ice is tough to deal with.  But I made it back home safe and sound...only to slip in my driveway and land flat on my back, twisting my neck in the process.  Did someone say scotch?  

Sure is pretty though.  But Fire is not amused....

qvrsjORl-rJg5czSbQ1NJ-v5qY7soIPZeBoUoH2T

ZcChsdkYEFeYYbCk9-unCoo9n6tOmBz9T-TgbuuX

Her brother even less amused.

FiWdADCS2M4HHB9HuYkKZYbIemY_BNW1ZcJ3kh6N

Well they missed the forecast for my house. Mother Nature decided to skip the rain and go straight to sleet. The noon weather was upping the estimates of 4-6 inches to 6-10 inches of precipitation. I can't really complain as the one or two snows we get each year makes for some nice scenery and unlike up north will be gone in a few days. The single digit nights they are predicting does have me a little worried as too many of them can freeze the water main at the well head and being on a septic system running a faucet has its own drawbacks.