24 minutes ago, keith_h said:

Well they missed the forecast for my house. Mother Nature decided to skip the rain and go straight to sleet. The noon weather was upping the estimates of 4-6 inches to 6-10 inches of precipitation. I can't really complain as the one or two snows we get each year makes for some nice scenery and unlike up north will be gone in a few days. The single digit nights they are predicting does have me a little worried as too many of them can freeze the water main at the well head and being on a septic system running a faucet has its own drawbacks.

Stay safe and have fun.

We have rain here...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Determined camper heading to the Fort. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'll try with Tapatalk.

State of Emergency called in GA... for (a possible) 2 to 5 inches of snow.  How will we ever survive?!!  

We got nuttin so far... BUT our company follows the same schedule as the military base around here, and the base is closed. I went in anyway, as did a lot our group, as proposals don't stop with the weather, but they've sent us all home. So I happily drove the mile and 1/2 home on dry roads to sit in my recliner and work the rest of the afternoon at home. I MISS working from home in my new job... Oh well, still tons better than the old place.

6 hours ago, PghBob said:

I feel bad for our southern friends.  At least up here, most know how to deal with it.  Seven degrees here now, but sunny. Best piece of advice I can offer is, stay off the roads until the snow/ice is gone.  If you do need to go out, take a blanket, food (like pop tarts), and something to drink if case you get caught up in a traffic problem.  Good Luck.

I'm on the west side of the city Bob, and was surprised my tractor started in the shed today to clean last night's coating.  It's not supposed to get out of th 20s until Monday.....stay safe all. 

19 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

I don't like how Google got rid of Picasa. It's not straightforward to share pictures on this forum anymore. I don't have issues sharing anywhere else though, so some of it may be related to the change in forum software some time back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sure, blame it on the forum....

20 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

We are just outside of DC and it might be a sweet spot. Only a couple of inches predicted tonight and over by morning. I will take it. 

Keep it there.  I'm only an hour north of DC.

Not a bit of snow here. Just an inch and a half of loose sleet on the hard surfaces. Of course all of the weather folks are starting to backtrack on their bad forecasting. Hopefully I will be able to shovel it off of the drive before it melts to the point of becoming an ice sheet. I would have preferred snow as even 10 inches is easier to remove.

David and I are going out in a little while to measure our snow and take pictures.  I'm guessing we have 8-10 inches, and it's still coming down.  

Thankfully we have no power outages in our city.  Part of I-40 is closed because of an overturned 18-wheeler.  Reportedly lots of other accidents around town.  Grocery stores don't even have frozen pizza!