Has anyone been here?

Planning out my trip to WA and my first day was going to be a long-one (Atlanta to Columbia, MO)... trying to decide if I'd like to break it up into two days.  I'm looking for a safe place, with a pull-thru site and great for kids.  Doesn't have to be Nashville...just close.  I'll take 24 through the city.

Wow I thought we were going to have a long trip this May driving out to Yellowstone then up to Montana to see my mom and sister (about 2200 miles).

As Dave says unless it is a holiday weekend or some other special event I would not expect the KOA to have a minimum stay. When are you planning
to go?

It isn't of much help for your route but my intention is to do about 500 miles a day. That should turn out to be 9-11 hours on the road each day for
a 4 day drive to Yellowstone which is about all I can handle towing anymore. We're even thinking about leaving the afternoon after Rene comes home
from work to get a couple of hundred miles under out belts and shorten the remaining days on the road. Oh for the day Rene retires and we don't have
to deal with work calendars anymore.

16 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Holiday weekend?  It's not normally that way.  

No... just what there website says when I tried to look at pricing.  No worries, I actually wanted to drive a bit father so I found a place near Cape Girardeau (?).

15 hours ago, keith_h said:

Wow I thought we were going to have a long trip this May driving out to Yellowstone then up to Montana to see my mom and sister (about 2200 miles).

As Dave says unless it is a holiday weekend or some other special event I would not expect the KOA to have a minimum stay. When are you planning
to go?

It isn't of much help for your route but my intention is to do about 500 miles a day. That should turn out to be 9-11 hours on the road each day for
a 4 day drive to Yellowstone which is about all I can handle towing anymore. We're even thinking about leaving the afternoon after Rene comes home
from work to get a couple of hundred miles under out belts and shorten the remaining days on the road. Oh for the day Rene retires and we don't have
to deal with work calendars anymore.

Yes... it will be a long drive.  I'm from WA state and my parents and brothers are out there.  Flying is (as) expensive and now that we have a dog, things are trickier.  I decided to drive, so that we could spend two weeks at my parents house (much easier, on everyone, when you have your home with you ;)).  My days will average about 380 miles. One way, it's 2500 miles.  It's a bit of a pain because I had to take a longer route in WY because there were no truck stops on 212 through MT.  Planning this trip has been exhausting as I'm driving out by myself so I've promised Tom that I wouldn't boondock or drive at night... so I need to find decent campgrounds on my route.  Plus, I'm looking for pull thru spots as we're tossing the idea of 5th wheel, so I don't want to hassle with backing that in (IF we get one before I leave).  That has proved to be tricky, but I think I've got it.   Now I need to plan our trip back (Tom's flying out to drive back with us so I have a little more flexibility ^_^). 

3 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

No... just what there website says when I tried to look at pricing.  No worries, I actually wanted to drive a bit father so I found a place near Cape Girardeau (?).

I have run into places where if you want to "reserve" there is a minimum night stay. However, if you just arrive, you can do a single night. However, having said that, I much prefer to have a reservation for traveling. I'm not ready to just "wing it" when hunting for a place to stop.

49 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I have run into places where if you want to "reserve" there is a minimum night stay. However, if you just arrive, you can do a single night. However, having said that, I much prefer to have a reservation for traveling. I'm not ready to just "wing it" when hunting for a place to stop.

Yeah... if we had the option of boondocking, I would be open to just winging it.  However, because I have parameters that I'm trying to follow, reservations are a must for the trip out.

I've wondered about these places before, but every opportunity we've had to use them is over a holiday weekend where there's a three night minimum. It would be really handy for us... our brother and sister-in-law live in a house just on the other side of the freeway from this place and when we have a large get together there's not a lot of room in the house to comfortably accommodate everyone. It'd be nice to add some additional beds nearby on those occasions.