Do outside vendors still rent golf carts?

All the info I can find is several years old, with broken links. 

I think we would like to rent one for a least one day we are at the Fort, maybe two. 

Are there better deals to be had than Disney's? Can they deliver to the Fort?

Thanks in advance. 

Thanks everyone. :-)  

Can anyone give me any idea on the price of outside vendors. For instance, would renting six days from them be not much more than 3 days from Disney? Or is six days too short a time period as well. I have noticed that when people go to the Fort nowadays, it's for a few weeks or month at a time - something I would love to do some time. 

6 days is a good amount of time for an outside vendor. It will definitely save you money over 4 days with Disney, probably break even with 3 days at Disney, but like we said, you will have to take time to go offsite, pick up the golf cart, then return it at the end of your trip.

One vendor in particular (TeeTime) will meet you right off property, allow you to use their trailer (and truck if needed), to get the golf cart, then you have to return the trailer right after dropping the cart at the Fort, then at the end of your trip, pick up the empty trailer, bring it back to the Fort, load the cart, take it back to the vendor. 

6 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

6 days is a good amount of time for an outside vendor. It will definitely save you money over 4 days with Disney, probably break even with 3 days at Disney, but like we said, you will have to take time to go offsite, pick up the golf cart, then return it at the end of your trip.

One vendor in particular (TeeTime) will meet you right off property, allow you to use their trailer (and truck if needed), to get the golf cart, then you have to return the trailer right after dropping the cart at the Fort, then at the end of your trip, pick up the empty trailer, bring it back to the Fort, load the cart, take it back to the vendor. 

Thank you for the info. I knew about going to get the trailer and cart, but completely forgot about returning it at the end of the trip. :wacko: I was thinking two trips out on arrival rental day only - clearly didn't think that one through. Three trips out is kind a lot for me. I hate packing up to go home from camping anyway, and with only being there for 6 days this might add too much to my stress level. DH just told me he wants to rent a pontoon boat one day, so we may just use the buses this trip. Information is great to know for possible future trips, though. 

Or we may rent one from Disney for one day just to go looping. I'm really excited about looping, and a golf cart just seems so much more fun. 

I sure hope Disney never does this to ECV rental. 

Trying to keep this a budget vacation as much as possible, especially since we were just at POP for a week in December. I do feel blessed that our version of a budget vacation is something most families up north have to save for. Being a Florida resident certainly has it perks. We only pay $13.65 a month for our weekday annual passes. I love that they have that option now! Only $50 night for our PUP site, and really hoping that most meals will be eaten at camp. We will be bringing groceries and have a full kitchen, but it's yet to be seen if we actually go through with using it for all meals as planned. If so, we will be able to stay longer next time. 

• 2 weeks later...

A GC is certainly a fun way to go, but not a necessity by any means.  We brought ours one year, but forgot the charger, so we used it very sparingly.  The internal busses do very well, even for our three wheelchairs.  And depending on what loop we are in, if near the Settlement, we can walk to the Marina or Settlement Bus Depot to get where we need to go.  As for meals, we eat a Quick Service in the parks when we feel like it and the evening meal at the motorhome.  Sometimes the evening meal is a GAG or pizza from Trails End.  But we have never used all the food we brought from home.  On long trips, a crock pot is used several tiimes.