The No Bowl Game, After Christmas, Cruise That Shouldn't Have Been

I am so sorry your trip didn't go so well.....hoping everyone is on the mend now.  

Still, you have a great outlook and it seems you made the best of it.

We've only been on one, a 3 night, and I agree completely - it's not enough time.  Next one will be longer for sure!

I want to learn how to speak coon-ass!  LOL!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Thanks for posting the trip report, I always enjoy reading cruise reports.

Sorry to hear about getting sick on the trip.  Especially having to drive home afterwards, I know that drive all to well.  

Oh and glad to hear about your dinner service.  On our only Disney cruise we too were not impressed with our two servers  they just didn't put in the extra effort and would go missing for a looonnnnggg time.  We ended up talking a lot with our table neighbors about it and how you could see servers nearby that were totally different, I guess it really is luck of the draw.  I'm glad to hear you had a better experience this time over your previous cruise!

Are you thinking about taking advantage of the Disney cruises out of Galveston?  We hope to hit one of those in December.  

WBI

19 hours ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

Are you thinking about taking advantage of the Disney cruises out of Galveston?  We hope to hit one of those in December.  

WBI

We have looked at the Galveston cruises, and plan to do one in the far future. The schedule there just does not work with school age kids and we still have 7 years of school left. I am hoping that when the two new ships are launched, they will offer more cruises out of Galveston.

Now that I am almost 100% over this nasty sinus infection, and I have reviewed my report, I see that I missed several things. I have to give props to TCD on his trips reports because writing one is hard. I had this vision of how I wanted it to flow and I guess too much Sudafed is like too much alcohol because it slipped off the path I intended. 

I forgot to show off our Silver status gift, a nice beach bag.

20170106_133428_zpso2fjpicb.jpg

I also forgot our last towel animal.

20170108_193742_zpsz3n0vsu8.jpg

And our final crayon puzzle. Make the fish go the opposite direction in three moves.

20170108_211132_zpsydiemyo3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2017 at 7:39 PM, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Sick, crazy wind and cold, yet still had a great time. I am beginning to think a cruise might be fun. Now I just need to get past the motion sickness.

I have really bad motion sickness (most recently threw up after riding Everest) but decided to try a cruise a few years ago. I took Bonine every night, starting 2 nights before getting on. I also took the bracelets, but only wore them once or twice. I definitely could feel things others couldn't, like when we left port. You could see the curtains swaying in the theater, so it wasn't like it was calm. I think it was at Grand Cayman that we had to take a smaller boat to shore (forgot what that procedure is called). That was kind of bad. but I never got sick.

My worst problem was it took like 4 days once we got home to stop swaying. That's the only thing that gives me pause about doing another cruise.

4 minutes ago, CJHokie said:

I think it was at Grand Cayman that we had to take a smaller boat to shore (forgot what that procedure is called).

Tendering.

4 minutes ago, CJHokie said:

My worst problem was it took like 4 days once we got home to stop swaying. That's the only thing that gives me pause about doing another cruise.

That "the boat is still moving" sensation doesn't happen on every cruise.  I've had that sensation after cruises where the weather has been a bit rough, but on our last couple of cruises we had very smooth conditions, and none of us suffered from that after we got back.

TCD

3 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Tendering.

That "the boat is still moving" sensation doesn't happen on every cruise.  I've had that sensation after cruises where the weather has been a bit rough, but on our last couple of cruises we had very smooth conditions, and none of us suffered from that after we got back.

TCD

That is good to know! Not sure my husband will ever do another cruise though. He has an irrational fear of stomach bugs and has to point out every time he sees a story about a Norovirus outbreak on a cruise ship. To be fair, he & my oldest son get stomach bugs more often than normal. The only way I talked him into doing the last one was that another family we know was going too.  They ended up not going because their son (who also gets stomach bugs easily) was throwing up the day before.  So, true story - my husband actually got sick on the ship!   We had seen a lady he worked with the day before who said half her family was in the cabin all day sick, but he thinks maybe it was food poisoning instead. But yeah, pretty sure I will never get to do another cruise.

30 minutes ago, CJHokie said:

That is good to know! Not sure my husband will ever do another cruise though. He has an irrational fear of stomach bugs and has to point out every time he sees a story about a Norovirus outbreak on a cruise ship. To be fair, he & my oldest son get stomach bugs more often than normal. The only way I talked him into doing the last one was that another family we know was going too.  They ended up not going because their son (who also gets stomach bugs easily) was throwing up the day before.  So, true story - my husband actually got sick on the ship!   We had seen a lady he worked with the day before who said half her family was in the cabin all day sick, but he thinks maybe it was food poisoning instead. But yeah, pretty sure I will never get to do another cruise.

That's too bad, but I totally understand.

We all think that my mother-in-law would love to go on a cruise, but there is no amount of convincing we can do to make her even consider it.  We eventually decided that even if we could talk her into it, she would worry so much about everything that she couldn't enjoy herself. 

TCD

The only time I suffered the boat is still moving was after a 7 day cruise. I was sitting at my desk the next day and it felt like I was out in a canoe in a hurricane. It was brutal. For some reason I felt worse after the cruise that during it.

I also can't tolerate being being in a pool if there is a lot of kids jumping and it makes the water bounce me around (like a regular pool not talking about a cruise ship one). 

Just now, Beckers said:

The only time I suffered the boat is still moving was after a 7 day cruise. I was sitting at my desk the next day and it felt like I was out in a canoe in a hurricane. It was brutal. For some reason I felt worse after the cruise that during it.

I also can't tolerate being being in a pool if there is a lot of kids jumping and it makes the water bounce me around (like a regular pool not talking about a cruise ship one). 

Yeah, mine was after a 7 day cruise. The effect lasted from Sat. - Wed.

So, we have a pool in our back yard. It is about half the length of a 25m pool. I decided to swim laps one day after lunch. I felt so sick afterwards. I told my husband maybe I shouldn't have eaten before and he said, "you are probably seasick." After reflecting on the state of the water while I was swimming, dang if he wasn't right.