We'll be back at Disney for our anniversary in April. We were originally going to go to California Grill, but we ate there on our last trip and will be doing brunch in April. I think I'm ready to branch out. We've done Narcoossee's multiple times and like it. We've did Le Cellier on our last trip, and while it was good, we didn't think it lived up to other signature experiences we've had. I'm also holding a reservation to V&A in my back pocket, but I'm not sure any meal is worth that kind of money. 

Debating...

Yachtman

Todd English's Bluezoo

Artist Point

Flying Fish

Opinions welcome! Citricos is not on the list because I've been to the lounge twice and had bad service both times. 

We went to Yachtsman for our 25th anniversary. It was a pretty good meal, and the service was good. Unfortunately, I was so tired, I couldn't appreciate it. (That was right in the middle of my marathon work month practically living in Orlando)

I've always enjoyed Artist Point. We've eaten there several times and they have never disappointed

It's been a very long time since I've been to Flying Fish. It was delicious, but was a bit marred because our 16 yo son at the time ordered something that turned out to be barely a snack (scallops), and then had to go get a pizza.

Our daughters surprised us on one trip, and took us to the Yachtsman for an anniversary dinner.  The meal was great, the waitstaff did a nice job making us feel special.  But, the highlight of this dinner outing occurred later, after the meal. On this trip, we were staying at the WL.  After dinner, we caught the bus for the MK bus area, to transfer to a WL bus. We were dressed up (for us) and the driver noticed.  She asked why we were so dressed, and we told her about our anniv. She then called dispatch, and drove us directly back to the WL without any stops (no other pass. on board).  What a special time and special people.

14 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

..,because our 16 yo son at the time ordered something that turned out to be barely a snack (scallops), and then had to go get a pizza.

Ohh...that stinks.  Especially beautiful I'm guessing the scallops were not cheap ?

8 hours ago, PghBob said:

Our daughters surprised us on one trip, and took us to the Yachtsman for an anniversary dinner.  The meal was great, the waitstaff did a nice job making us feel special.  But, the highlight of this dinner outing occurred later, after the meal. On this trip, we were staying at the WL.  After dinner, we caught the bus for the MK bus area, to transfer to a WL bus. We were dressed up (for us) and the driver noticed.  She asked why we were so dressed, and we told her about our anniv. She then called dispatch, and drove us directly back to the WL without any stops (no other pass. on board).  What a special time and special people.

How neat ❤️

If you want special V&As is the way to go. We've had good meals at all of your choices, but frankly, the ambience for a special meal is non existent because most people bring their tired children.

V & As is crazy price wise, but it is special! The service is impeccable, you're not herded like cattle to the trough and best of all is the harpist!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I scored a reservation in the Queen Victoria room at V&A's for our anniversary dinner this year. Gotta say I'm a bit intimidated by the menu (and the price!), but to have dinner in the #2 restaurant in the US isn't too shabby. Otherwise I'd go Artist Point, personally, or perhaps the chef's table at Flying Fish if they still do that.

4 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Ohh...that stinks.  Especially beautiful I'm guessing the scallops were not cheap ?

No they weren't. Five 3/4" round scallops on a bed of weird sauce for $30, for a 6'5" 16yo just doesn't cut it!!

I laugh when all the folks complain about the dining plan for their 11 & 12 yos that they won't eat enough to justify, or adult prices at buffets. I had two bottomless pits that loved good food. We ate at a LOT of Disney buffets when they were teenagers. The only way to fill them up!

30 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

No they weren't. Five 3/4" round scallops on a bed of weird sauce for $30, for a 6'5" 16yo just doesn't cut it!!

I laugh when all the folks complain about the dining plan for their 11 & 12 yos that they won't eat enough to justify, or adult prices at buffets. I had two bottomless pits that loved good food. We ate at a LOT of Disney buffets when they were teenagers. The only way to fill them up!

First...so funny that my cell phone corrected "because" to "beautiful"?

On the buffets, I understand that.  There were 3 of us kids; my brothers are 7.5 and 10 years younger than I.  I remember that when we ate out, it was typically at a buffet and I clearly remember my mother saying to them, " Now go back and fill up the other leg".  ??

9 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Nothing says Happy Anniversary like beer and bread pudding. Trust me, Jason would agree.

I've considered ending the night with just that. 

5 hours ago, PureTcrazy...rita said:

If you want special V&As is the way to go. We've had good meals at all of your choices, but frankly, the ambience for a special meal is non existent because most people bring their tired children.

V & As is crazy price wise, but it is special! The service is impeccable, you're not herded like cattle to the trough and best of all is the harpist!

We've had good luck eating later at places. There have rarely been kids when we go to CG, but yeah, I can see that happening. 

You loved it? 

3 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

I scored a reservation in the Queen Victoria room at V&A's for our anniversary dinner this year. Gotta say I'm a bit intimidated by the menu (and the price!), but to have dinner in the #2 restaurant in the US isn't too shabby. Otherwise I'd go Artist Point, personally, or perhaps the chef's table at Flying Fish if they still do that.

I know! #2! That's why I haven't brought myself to cancel it yet. 

3 hours ago, Travisma said:

We did our last anniversary at Monsuier Paul.  It was great food, nice atmosphere, relaxing.

After our experience at Le Cellier, I think I'm done with nice dinners inside the park. It didn't feel as nice, and there were sooooooooooooo many kids. I mean, I like kids, but not on date night. 

1 hour ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Yikes! Yeah, Z can already eat A TON when he's hungry. 

I loved the experience. They noticed Mama was cold so they brought her a cashmere shawl. The food was wonderful. Worth the money? Idk. To me, you're not paying just for the food, it's for the service and the opportunity to slow down and enjoy the experience. Do I feel a need to repeat? No, not at this time, but would for a real special occasion if it came up. I'm glad we did it with mama.

4 hours ago, PureTcrazy...rita said:

I loved the experience. They noticed Mama was cold so they brought her a cashmere shawl. The food was wonderful. Worth the money? Idk. To me, you're not paying just for the food, it's for the service and the opportunity to slow down and enjoy the experience. Do I feel a need to repeat? No, not at this time, but would for a real special occasion if it came up. I'm glad we did it with mama.

Good to know! I'm still playing around with the idea....