Today was my first time going to Skipper Canteen - I went for lunch.

Since you can now get alcohol here, I figured I'd have a beer. I liked the notion of the souvenir mug (you can buy it separately from the drinks that are featured with it)... until she brought me one and I saw it was a thin metal that wouldn't be suitable at all for hot drinks. I ended up not getting it.

Y1x4VHV.jpg

They start you off with "Ethopian celebration bread" with honey. The honey was nice but the bread didn't seem very fresh. I didn't eat much of it unfortunately.

AWNLI7F.jpg

Instead of getting an entree I thought I'd get two appetizers. It seemed like a good idea in theory but it turned out to be too much food and I ended up carrying my leftover noodles for the rest of the day.

I ordered the S.E.A. Shu Mai and they were really tasty.

gAIZ684.jpg

dWSrUpL.jpg

I also got the Shiriki noodle salad - "rice noodles, edamame beans, mushrooms, green mango, and cucumber tossed with a sweet chili sauce". There was a little bit of spice to this. I would have been happy to have more veggies in this - it felt like it was mostly noodles.

dEnryyQ.jpg

As someone here suggested (I think?) the books on the shelves are well worth checking out. These ones in particular had me laughing.

z2GSt0S.jpg

XHX7CGg.jpg

20% AP discount here on food, but it was still a $31 dollar lunch including tax and tip. (Beer, noodles, dumplings.)

My server was a lot of fun. If you like the corny jokes at the Jungle Cruise, you'll like the corny jokes here.

They have a dish called "Tastes like Chicken - Because it is!" which is a good entry point if you're not sure about the more adventurous offerings.

A table near me was getting the kids mac & cheese delivered and it looked pretty tempting too. (I like getting kids meals!)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/jungle-navigation-skipper-canteen/menus/

Thanks for the photos/review! I got the whole crispy fish here in October and it was super delicious, even if it creeped out my dining companions.

We're big on appetizers for dinner too, as we love to try different things.  Since portions tend to be big at Disney, "dinner" is often 2 apps and a salad for the 2 of us.