1 hour ago, Travisma said:

If you've endured WDW in the late Spring or summer months, then the RV show will be a piece of cake.

Remember, you will be mingling with CAMPERS, the nicest people on Earth, not those uncouth unwashed masses that crush you at WDW.

So far, really good....except for the first 5 minutes where a flippin' dog bit our dog.  He's okay, but I came a bit unglued ?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

So far, really good....except for the first 5 minutes where a flippin' dog bit our dog.  He's okay, but I came a bit unglued ?

I bet you weren't the only one in your family who came unglued!

So happy Simon is okay.  Have fun at the show.

4 hours ago, Travisma said:

If you've endured WDW in the late Spring or summer months, then the RV show will be a piece of cake.

Remember, you will be mingling with CAMPERS, the nicest people on Earth, not those uncouth unwashed masses that crush you at WDW.

Thank you.  It was actually a really great day!  Perfect weather and not horribly crowded.  Glad we went! ?

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

Should be another good weather day tomorrow, but watch out for late evening/overnight and Sunday.  Bad rain supposedly coming in.

Thank you.  We're not going back tomorrow.   Decided we saw what we needed to and the kids want to hang out and play.  

Is the rain suppose to hit Saturday night or Sunday?  Sure hoping it goes a different way, heavy rain in a camper is so loud and driving in heavy rain us even worse ?

8 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Thank you.  We're not going back tomorrow.   Decided we saw what we needed to and the kids want to hang out and play.  

Is the rain suppose to hit Saturday night or Sunday?  Sure hoping it goes a different way, heavy rain in a camper is so loud and driving in heavy rain us even worse ?

Well down here, it'll change 20 times.  One report I heard was rain starting overnight Saturday, but then another one I saw said late Sunday morning early afternoon.

8 hours ago, Travisma said:

Well down here, it'll change 20 times.  One report I heard was rain starting overnight Saturday, but then another one I saw said late Sunday morning early afternoon.

8 hours ago, Travisma said:

If you have a free day, Saturday morning is the childrens Gasparilla Parade, a tamer version of the big one later in the month.  Check http://www.tampabay.com/tbt/, scroll down towards the bottom and click on todays edition.  There is a section about tomorrows activities.

Thank you ?

43 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

So what has your interest at the show? We all like to hear about new campers!!!!!!!!!

It was a good show.  Definitely a lot to see.  There were a few rigs (million dollar plus buses) that peaked our interest....but those were shown by appointing only, so we only saw a peak through the windshield ?

Our focus was mid-bunk fifth wheels and smaller toy haulers.  We only have bikes, so no true need for a toy hauler except that we could transform the garage area into a room for the kids and that option provides them with the most space to grow.  The biggest challenge we have with our kiddos, is we have different genders that are 5 years apart; so we are trying to do our best to predict and circumvent future conflicts.

Grand Design has some nice looking rigs, but they are above our budget.  Coachmen and Forest River had a couple that we liked.  Mid bunk units provide us with a nice living room and lots of windows (which we LOVE), but the bunk space for the kids naught be a tough fit.

We're not in a rush to buy ...so the search continues ?

Ok great, Coachman is owned buy Forest River just so you know but if you find something you like by Forest River let me know, I have lots of info as I am involved with FROG and have learned a lot and made some good contacts in Forest River so any info you need I should be able to obtain, happy hunting. I also like the mid bunks just wished they had them when we needed a bunk house model.

5 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Ok great, Coachman is owned buy Forest River just so you know but if you find something you like by Forest River let me know, I have lots of info as I am involved with FROG and have learned a lot and made some good contacts in Forest River so any info you need I should be able to obtain, happy hunting. I also like the mid bunks just wished they had them when we needed a bunk house model.

Thank you!

Yep undersized axles. I'd try to buy or oder one with 8 bolt wheels if you can. I did see a new toy hauler that Ive been wondering why no one else has made. Just enough space for a golf cart through a small rear cargo door,  BUT, the Queen bed raises to allow it to happen and back down once you arrive. You can't even tell it's a hauler if you don't go around back. Open range maybe? Saw it at the PGH show last week. 

Grand Design makes a toy hauler for just a bike or golf cart but the bed does not move the garage is under the bed as the bedroom is raised up a few steps, neat idea and hope to see more builders pick up on it.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/2017/toy-hauler/momentum/floorplans/376th

1 hour ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Grand Design makes a toy hauler for just a bike or golf cart but the bed does not move the garage is under the bed as the bedroom is raised up a few steps, neat idea and hope to see more builders pick up on it.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/2017/toy-hauler/momentum/floorplans/376th

That is it.....There were so many people in it I couldn't get all the way into the bedroom. I figured for the space the best must have gone up to mkeep the room. That's a great design. 

I made a special trip to a dealer just to see it and was pleasantly surprised, I liked it, but unfortunately it was not built to what I was looking for and Grand Design offers no changes. I knew the salesman and he was very helpful and actually told me that this was more of a sideways move from what we had at the time and agreed with the changes I wanted and wish they would work with us. Long story short we ended up with a new line from Forest River called River Stone Legacy.

Here is the link for anyone interested.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/fifth-wheels/riverstone-legacy

10 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

8 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

I made a special trip to a dealer just to see it and was pleasantly surprised, I liked it, but unfortunately it was not built to what I was looking for and Grand Design offers no changes. I knew the salesman and he was very helpful and actually told me that this was more of a sideways move from what we had at the time and agreed with the changes I wanted and wish they would work with us. Long story short we ended up with a new line from Forest River called River Stone Legacy.

Here is the link for anyone interested.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/fifth-wheels/riverstone-legacy

We saw that at Lazydays in November.  It is an interesting unit.  I didn't realize that the bed raised up though... that makes more sense for the basement space. 

Grand Design will not change anything, if you order a unit?  The 5th wheel I like (IF we could agree on price), I'd want larger axles and chairs instead of a booth at the table....

Grand Design will make no changes, we wanted to change the bathroom sink, also wanted 8,000lb axles, disc brakes and 17.5 H rated tires, spoke to the rep at the show and without hesitation said NO. Decision made for us at that point so kept looking, found the River Stone Legacy and all those things we wanted were standard plus a lot more, also cost a lot more but the wife loved the floorplan I liked the construction so all is good. Grand Design is a nice unit and receives high marks for it and also customer service just not quite what we were looking for.

1 hour ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Grand Design will make no changes, we wanted to change the bathroom sink, also wanted 8,000lb axles, disc brakes and 17.5 H rated tires, spoke to the rep at the show and without hesitation said NO. Decision made for us at that point so kept looking, found the River Stone Legacy and all those things we wanted were standard plus a lot more, also cost a lot more but the wife loved the floorplan I liked the construction so all is good. Grand Design is a nice unit and receives high marks for it and also customer service just not quite what we were looking for.

Wow... okay, thank you for passing that information along.  The price is high on the unit and we definitely would want changes (I mean, why in the world would they have a 5th wheel with less than a 900# cargo capacity??!).  Well, Tom will be "happy" as he prefers the Coachman, haha ^_^

4 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Wow... okay, thank you for passing that information along.  The price is high on the unit and we definitely would want changes (I mean, why in the world would they have a 5th wheel with less than a 900# cargo capacity??!).  Well, Tom will be "happy" as he prefers the Coachman, haha ^_^

Just think, if you filled the fresh water tank on that camper you would eat about half of that 900lbs :)

1 minute ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Yep.  That was our thought, exactly.

Crazy.  Makes NO sense.

We went through that with our current 5er. I knew going in that it would need an axle upgrade, and I knew before hand that Forest River was swapping them out at their expense for owners that asked for it. So right after signing the papers I turned to the sales guy and asked him to contact Forest River about an axle upgrade and the look on his face was priceless. lol
I think with ours there was right at 1000lbs of cargo capacity and it holds 600lbs of water if we were to fill it up. So we would have had a 42' 5th wheel that slept 10, and could carry 400lbs of stuff. That definitely wouldn't cut it. Forest River was great to work with and sent 2 new axles and 5 new wheels and tires for my dealer to install for me.