I went to AK for just the last two hours before it closed tonight - there were only two things I wanted to do there tonight, and going to the Nomad Lounge was one of them.

The Nomad Lounge is adjacent to Tiffins, and neither of them were busy tonight. It was a lovely night to sit outside so that's what I did. I perused the menu, and although my server offered me the option to have any of the appetizers off the Tiffins menu, I opted to get two things from the Nomad menu.

I started with the Snow Leopard Salvation.

D1fkAbm.jpg

URclEHI.jpg

i expected this to be a bit more mint-y like a mojito, but the predominant flavor was the ginger beer. I still liked it and it was pretty big, which I guess is a good thing considering it's $12.

For food I went with the vegetable cold rolls. If you've had Thai/Vietnamese cold rolls, that's what these are. They really hit the spot. The dipping sauce had some real kick to it.

ea2mYPv.jpg

I also had the fish tacos. Most of the ones I've had before are made with fish that's battered and deep fried, but this fish was not. These were very tasty too.

eEJfWfE.jpg

So although expensive (cuz Disney), this was a nice dinner. No AP discount here (you can get that at Tiffins) but they do take TIW if you have it.

We were there on December 30th and stopped by for an afternoon snack. There were 4 adults and 2 kids so we ordered a few items off of the small plate menu. 

African-spiced wagyu beef sliders

charcuterie board

artisanal cheeses

and my favorite, tiffins bread service. 

It came with some wonderful dipping sides. Pomegranate olive oil, blacked eyed pea hummus and a couple of yogurt based sauces. All were yummy. 

Its a greatbplace to sit down and have a cold beer and a few great apps. 

It was surprisingly not crowded even though AK was very crowded.   I don't think a lot of guests know about it yet.  I hope they don't find out about it. Lol. 

26 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

That's what I was thinking...isn't that near where you'd enter Pandora?

Yes. If you remember where the log,the kids would put there hand in and try to guess what was inside, was. It's in that general area.   You really need to come down and check it out before pandora opens.   

Btw. When is pandora scheduled to open?

12 hours ago, wendinator said:

I went to AK for just the last two hours before it closed tonight - there were only two things I wanted to do there tonight, and going to the Nomad Lounge was one of them.

The Nomad Lounge is adjacent to Tiffins, and neither of them were busy tonight. It was a lovely night to sit outside so that's what I did. I perused the menu, and although my server offered me the option to have any of the appetizers off the Tiffins menu, I opted to get two things from the Nomad menu.

I started with the Snow Leopard Salvation.

D1fkAbm.jpg

URclEHI.jpg

i expected this to be a bit more mint-y like a mojito, but the predominant flavor was the ginger beer. I still liked it and it was pretty big, which I guess is a good thing considering it's $12.

For food I went with the vegetable cold rolls. If you've had Thai/Vietnamese cold rolls, that's what these are. They really hit the spot. The dipping sauce had some real kick to it.

ea2mYPv.jpg

I also had the fish tacos. Most of the ones I've had before are made with fish that's battered and deep fried, but this fish was not. These were very tasty too.

eEJfWfE.jpg

So although expensive (cuz Disney), this was a nice dinner. No AP discount here (you can get that at Tiffins) but they do take TIW if you have it.

Great review.

And great minds think alike- I also got that fancy Moscow Mule when I visited the Nomad Lounge in August:

TCD

3 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Btw. When is pandora scheduled to open?

The official announcement made at the D23 event in November is "summer 2017.":

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/11/pandora-the-world-of-avatar-set-to-open-summer2017/

In 2017, summer begins on June 21 and ends on September 22.

There are rumors that it may open earlier than that- on Memorial Day Weekend:

After a sluggish year in attendance, Walt Disney World has brought back its Florida resident "Discover Disney" three- and four-day ticket deal, though there are black-out dates at Disney's Animal Kingdom park starting Memorial Day weekend — a possible sign the new Avatar land will be opening up.

http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-do/travel/florida/with-attendance-down-disney-brings-back-florida-resident-deal/2309426

TCD

• 7 months later...

Stopped in at the Nomad Lounge for a leisurely bite before a Rivers of Light fastpass.

I was looking forward to getting those cold rolls again but... nope. Menu has changed and they're gone. There's pad thai in its place, but I didn't think I wanted anything that heavy considering it was 1000° outside. So I went back to my old standby of the fish tacos.

d4TGVVV.jpg

They seemed smaller to me than the last time. Still good though.

Random side note that has nothing to do with the Nomad Lounge. I went to the Rivers of Light FP seating area and saw it's seating on stone benches. Wow did the stone ever hold onto the August sun's heat! I had well toasted buns by the time the show was over. I was glad I had my thin zip up hoodie to sit on.

And you know those dispensers of insect repellant they have scattered around? The people sitting in front of me availed themselves of some of it... then grabbed onto their Disney Parks shopping bag... that promptly shed its blue ink ALL OVER one woman's hands. She looked as blue as a Na'vi. I had a few wet naps in my purse so offered them to her, which she gladly accepted. It took some of the blue off, but I bet she could still have convincingly posed for Photo Pass pictures as a Na'vi until she got to proper soap and water.

They had people selling $3 bottles of water in the stands but I bet they could have made a killing selling Mickey bars. I would have done anything for ice cream that night but had nobody to hold my spot in order to go get one.

On 9/5/2017 at 3:32 PM, wendinator said:

Stopped in at the Nomad Lounge for a leisurely bite before a Rivers of Light fastpass.

I was looking forward to getting those cold rolls again but... nope. Menu has changed and they're gone. There's pad thai in its place, but I didn't think I wanted anything that heavy considering it was 1000° outside. So I went back to my old standby of the fish tacos.

d4TGVVV.jpg

Random side note that has nothing to do with the Nomad Lounge. I went to the Rivers of Light FP seating area and saw it's seating on stone benches. Wow did the stone ever hold onto the August sun's heat! I had well toasted buns by the time the show was over. I was glad I had my thin zip up hoodie to sit on.

And you know those dispensers of insect repellant they have scattered around? The people sitting in front of me availed themselves of some of it... then grabbed onto their Disney Parks shopping bag... that promptly shed is blue ink ALL OVER one woman's hands. She looked as blue as a Na'vi. I had a few wet naps in my purse so offered them to her, which she gladly accepted. It took some of the blue off, but I bet she could still have convincingly posed for Photo Pass pictures as a Na'vi until she got to proper soap and water.

They had people selling $3 bottles of water in the stands but I bet they could have made a killing selling Mickey bars. I would have done anything for ice cream that night but had nobody to hold my spot in order to go get one.

I noticed that the last time we ate lunch at BOG, and it seemed like the prices were higher.

I usually get the kids pork meal (too hot out for a big meal) and it would be enough to satisfy my tummy grumblings. 

Last time we went, the meal was slightly larger then the servings you get from the Food and Wine kiosks. 

I left hungry.