On 1/21/2017 at 9:04 AM, h2odivers...Ray said:

Why would you not return if it was a character meal?

have you been back since?

Akerhaus is one of our families favorite restaurants.   imho, it's an awesome character meet n greet.  Especially for my DD. She got to visit with so many of her favorite princesses in a relaxed, beautiful, and calm atmosphere.    And we love the "different" foods there.  But then again my whole family is not afraid of trying new and different foods. 

Generally, as soon as they add characters 3 things happen

1:Prices go up

2: Now you have to make reservations a year in advance instead of that morning, or just walking up

3: Food quality suffers.  Who cares about food when Mickey walks past your table!

7 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Generally, as soon as they add characters 3 things happen

1:Prices go up

2: Now you have to make reservations a year in advance instead of that morning, or just walking up

3: Food quality suffers.  Who cares about food when Mickey walks past your table!

1.  What did it cost b fore they changed it to a character meal?

2.  What good restaurant do you not have to make a reservation a year in advance anymore?

3.  The food is excellent at Akerhaus  if the food suffered when it changed into a charter meal I really missed out.  

6 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

1.  What did it cost b fore they changed it to a character meal?

2.  What good restaurant do you not have to make a reservation a year in advance anymore?

3.  The food is excellent at Akerhaus  if the food suffered when it changed into a charter meal I really missed out.  

I would hate to make a cost comparison since it was ages ago, but I'm thinking it was between $15 and $20.

We were over there for the day and walked in.  No reservations necessary.

Haven't been back glad the food is still good.

6 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I would hate to make a cost comparison since it was ages ago, but I'm thinking it was between $15 and $20.

We were over there for the day and walked in.  No reservations necessary.

Haven't been back glad the food is still good.

I miss the days of being able to walk into a TS restaurant.  

We haven't been able to walk into a TS restaurant for years. But we usually go at Christmas time or the summer months so it's hard to even get a reservation at all. Even months in advance.   And forget about getting a reservation at any new restaurant.   unless your up at midnight the day rezzies open. We (3 people) are going May 24-June 4th and three weeks ago we tried to get rezzies for BOG for dinner and there isn't a single rezzie available. I tried every trick I know.  

Part of the problem is that people don't know exactly what day they will be at the park so they will book multiple rezzies and then cancel them as they get closer to their arrival or the day before their rezzie.