Interesting Rumor Article About Possible Epcot Redo

Future World definitely needs some upgrades, and World Showcase could probably use some rides for the kids. But it seems every time I'm in Epcot, World Showcase is really crowded, so they must be doing something right there. I actually like it just the way it is :)

We aren't drinkers or really foodies so world show case doesn't do much for us. My kids can only watch so many acts before getting bored so I'd welcome a new ride or two. Yes I realize there is wonderful cultural learning stuff, but there's only so much kids can take before getting bored.

we did the Phineaus and Ferb thingthis trip and it was fun but what a battery drain! I now see why they sell the fuel rods!

5 minutes ago, Beckers said:

we did the Phineaus and Ferb thingthis trip and it was fun but what a battery drain! I now see why they sell the fuel rods!

They don't give you devices any more? You use your own phone? Although the last time I did that was Kim Possible and they handed out the devices.

Thanks for posting the link, Carol.

But, goodness, that blogger needs an editor.  That is one long and rambling article.  I had a hard time reading it, as it shifted from the blogger's personal opinions about various Epcot attractions, to weak jokes and sarcasm, to rumors, and then to what the blogger would personally like to see happen in Epcot. 

TCD

I think the perpetual "food and wine" of World Showcase keeps it busy, but yeah, that's mostly adults and once you've done the kid stuff once that's probably enough. I think it could use a little more something that you don't eat or drink back there. I still remember the Millennium parade and how awesome that was (the original one before they chopped it up).

But the tricky bit back there is space.  If they add some hot new attraction, how's that going to affect the relatively narrow walkways that are already super crowded when it's busy?

TCD, I was just about to say the same thing... LOL    But I did wade thru it and it had some very good points.

I liked this quote:  "...We know that Chapek told his team to “dream big” when thinking of ideas. We know he’s promised the changes will make the park “more Disney, timeless, relevant, family-friendly” while also keeping the original vision alive...."

Of course that all depends on whose version of the "original vision" he believes in!

Epcot used to be an inspiring portrayal of who we are and where we could go:  

"If We Can Dream It, We Can Do It!"

And the most missed ride from that era is "Horizons".  If they want to do something "Big" that includes the original vision and inspiring children and adults alike, they will bring back an updated Horizons.  What better way to remind people to "Keep Moving Forward"  

1 hour ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

They don't give you devices any more? You use your own phone? Although the last time I did that was Kim Possible and they handed out the devices.

I did a bunch of the Agent P missions this past Saturday and yes, you just use your own phone. I don't know if there's still an option for them to give you a device. You sign up from your phone by going to http://agentpwsa.com/ and you give that code to a CM who gets you started. I was glad I had headphones with me for my phone.

1 hour ago, shoreline99 said:

God, that article was long. And no mention of the Odyssey. That's a waste of space in a prime fireworks viewing location.

They were using it for Craft Beers through the holidays (similar to during Food & Wine) - anyone know if they're still doing that?

5 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

They were using it for Craft Beers through the holidays (similar to during Food & Wine) - anyone know if they're still doing that?

I haven't been yet, but I hear they're using the whole Odyssey venue as the headquarters for the new Art Festival event they're currently running at Epcot:  http://blogmickey.com/2017/01/photos-epcot-festival-arts-festival-showplace-odyssey-pavilion/

TCD

My point about the Odyssey is that if they use the old wonders of life as a festival pavilion as well, they will basically be sticking the festival stuff in among three 'thrill' rides. Kinda sucky if you ask me. Use the odyssey as a festival home base (yes, mo they served craft beer there) and turn the old WOL paviliion into something else.

20 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I haven't been yet, but I hear they're using the whole Odyssey venue as the headquarters for the new Art Festival event they're currently running at Epcot:  http://blogmickey.com/2017/01/photos-epcot-festival-arts-festival-showplace-odyssey-pavilion/

TCD

Nice pictures! I LOVE the Figment shirt. That may have to come home with me next month :)

2 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

God, that article was long. And no mention of the Odyssey. That's a waste of space in a prime fireworks viewing location.

And unless I missed it, there was no mention of Spaceship Earth itself either.

I believe SE is the last "unmolested" ride from the "Original Vision" of Future World. I hope they leave it as is.

12 minutes ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

And unless I missed it, there was no mention of Spaceship Earth itself either.

I believe SE is the last "unmolested" ride from the "Original Vision" of Future World. I hope they leave it as is.

Actually, the whole ending portion of the ride was changed a few years ago to incorporate a photo of each person in the ride vehicle into an interactive animation of the future.  That whole feature stopped working a few months ago, and apparently isn't going to be fixed.  That's a problem.

TCD

3 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

They do but  if your inactive for 15 mins it times  out and the only way to have it unlocked is to go back to the station they issue them at. The day we did it the only spot open was the one at the entrance of world show case so it would have been a huge PITA if we had a problem. 

12 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Actually, the whole ending portion of the ride was changed a few years ago to incorporate a photo of each person in the ride vehicle into an interactive animation of the future.  That whole feature stopped working a few months ago, and apparently isn't going to be fixed.  That's a problem.

TCD

We saw the video at the end. Where it asks the questions about lesuire or family etc?

5 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Well, that's good to hear.  The effect had been broken for a few months, and it seemed like it was going to stay that way.

The last time I rode it (Tuesday) Walter Cronkite wasn't working — the TV was just black. But I assume that's temporary. It was working on my previous ride a few days earlier.

8 minutes ago, wendinator said:

The last time I rode it (Tuesday) Walter Cronkite wasn't working — the TV was just black. But I assume that's temporary. It was working on my previous ride a few days earlier.

I haven't heard anything about Walter Cronkite not working- so hopefully that was just a limited issue.  I can't imagine that would be hard to fix.

4 minutes ago, Beckers said:

They were. I actually tried taking a picture of it but it came out terrible so I deleted it. 

Good to hear. Those silly photos are currently the highlight of the ride for us.

TCD