Is there anywhere in the Fort that DH can go to watch the Super Bowl? I just realized it is on the evening of our arrival, and he is probably going to flip out when he realizes it. Our annual passes are only the weekday ones, so we can't go anywhere in the parks to watch. 

We have a cable hook-up in our camper, but usually only keep a little 5" screen DVD player combo in there. If there is no place he can watch it, do they have real cable at the Fort, or just Disney channels? We could always bring one of our larger flat screens. 

Thanks in advance. 

The Fort does have regular cable so you should be able to get the game at your site. Or you could always have him go make friends with another group of campers with a nice outside entertainment set up. Haha

I'm not sure of where on property or at the Fort he could watch the game but there is a Miller's Ale House about 10 mins away. 

Thanks for the suggestions. Making friends with other campers that have a set up sounds ideal! I hope that happens. 

I Googled about it and found out that Crockett's Tavern will be playing it. I pulled up their menu and saw lots of fancy drinks and wines on it, but did not list beer. Surely, a tavern must serve beer? Maybe the menu just assumes people will take that as a given. Could get expensive though. 

Maybe we will just come stocked with a good extra supply of beer to pitch in, in hopes that we find a group to join and watch. And I'll bake up a bunch of pepperoni rolls to share too. This would be much nicer for DH than sitting at our site with son and I who are not football fans. I suppose we will pack one of our large screens just in case we don't find a group for DH. I know this was sort of a joking answer, but seriously, I hope it happens. :lol:

That option had not even occurred to me, so thanks for the suggestion. It sounds like the most inexpensive and most fun for DH, since I accidentally planned for him to be camping on the most important day of his sports year.  

We're in the same boat. When I made the reservations, I had no idea we were arriving on super bowl Sunday. And now, Atlanta is in it (we live in a metro Atlanta suburb), so Kenneth has to watch it! We talked about buying a tv for our tent, but we would only use it a couple times a year. And we also never got a tv for the tent, because we don't want to be tempted to stay in the tent watching tv the whole week. We still have time to decide about the tv and try to figure out the best place to go, to catch the game.

34 minutes ago, sherryberry said:

We're in the same boat. When I made the reservations, I had no idea we were arriving on super bowl Sunday. And now, Atlanta is in it (we live in a metro Atlanta suburb), so Kenneth has to watch it! We talked about buying a tv for our tent, but we would only use it a couple times a year. And we also never got a tv for the tent, because we don't want to be tempted to stay in the tent watching tv the whole week. We still have time to decide about the tv and try to figure out the best place to go, to catch the game.

I would imagine most of the resorts will have the game on, especially if they have a bar.  

1 hour ago, sherryberry said:

We will bringing a 32" flat screen. We have decided not to go to any bar due to the expense. If you like, you are welcome to come watch it with us. We were going to try to score an invite from from some other campers, but given we are just arriving Sunday, won't have much time to make friends. You are more than welcome to join us. I'm going to bake some pepperoni rolls for during the game. 

We are not big drinkers, but DH does like to drink some beer during football games. The only problem is that DH is a Steelers fan (WV native) and if they make it in our DH's will be rooting for opposite teams. This is absolutely no problem for us, DH is totally chill. If Steelers don't make it in, DH is neutral. 

Atlanta vs New England...as you probably know by now.  I would recommend the TV from home, connected to the Disney cable hookup. My luck would be to meet someone with an outdoor setup and it would RAIN that day.

BTW, we always stop in Lake City on our way to and from the Fort.  The Inn&Out RV "Resort" on highway 90.  Been doing that for years.

We will bringing a 32" flat screen. We have decided not to go to any bar due to the expense. If you like, you are welcome to come watch it with us. We were going to try to score an invite from from some other campers, but given we are just arriving Sunday, won't have much time to make friends. You are more than welcome to join us. I'm going to bake some pepperoni rolls for during the game. 

We are not big drinkers, but DH does like to drink some beer during football games. The only problem is that DH is a Steelers fan (WV native) and if they make it in our DH's will be rooting for opposite teams. This is absolutely no problem for us, DH is totally chill. If Steelers don't make it in, DH is neutral. 

You're very sweet. We appreciate the invite. We're looking at getting a small TV for camping also. We will probably get a 24" or 32" for the tent. I told Kenneth that I really would rather not go to a bar or lounge because I'd rather just go to bed when the game is over. I'm not a football fan, but I'll be watching the game since our team is playing. And hopefully there will be some decent commercials. Go Falcons! Maybe we'll run into each other sometime during the week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can get into the 1700 loop.

5 hours ago, Retired and Happy (Ken) said:

Atlanta vs New England...as you probably know by now.  I would recommend the TV from home, connected to the Disney cable hookup. My luck would be to meet someone with an outdoor setup and it would RAIN that day.

BTW, we always stop in Lake City on our way to and from the Fort.  The Inn&Out RV "Resort" on highway 90.  Been doing that for years.

Yep, I found out last night. DH is now neutral. Really wish Steelers were in it, then won, and came to Disney World. My DH would be the happiest man alive to see the MVP there. We have a cable hook up in our Pop-up, and plenty of space for a 32" tv, so if it rains, will just watch it inside. 

We have a new Dairy Queen next to Inn & Out now. It's an okay place to stay overnight, but that little area of town has declined over the past year. Police are working hard to get it nicer again. What happened, is a business closed, and vagrants took over the empty building, just a block from there. Also, some anonymous town paid for bus tickets and food vouchers to send several bus loads of vagrants to our town last winter! Many set up a tent city in the woods on the opposite side of 90 and, needless to say, there was a big increase in drug traffic and crime in the immediate area.

They finally ran out the tent city. One of the larger local churches put a program in place to help those who are genuinely homeless, and want to get back on their feet. The ones who just wanted to stay street people have been run off, for the most part. There are still a few hanging around. The Inn & Out was actually robbed not too long ago, but they caught both guys the next day. 

The Steak & Shake, right next to the Cracker Barrel, has been the scene of TWO shootings in the past year. One was domestic, involving a Steak & Shake employee, and the other drug related, also involving a Steak & Shake employee. The Steak & Shake is just a very sketchy place all together. Steer clear of it. I went there once, before I knew better, ten years ago. They tried to convince me that our strawberry shakes were the orange cream that we ordered, despite being pink and having actual strawberry seeds in them .....

We do have a probably a dozen or more new places to eat in that stretch of 90 now. A HUGE amount of development has taken place and I hope to see Steak & Shake shut down for good. That place is the only source of any problems on this entire end of town. 

27 minutes ago, sherryberry said:

You're very sweet. We appreciate the invite. We're looking at getting a small TV for camping also. We will probably get a 24" or 32" for the tent. I told Kenneth that I really would rather not go to a bar or lounge because I'd rather just go to bed when the game is over. I'm not a football fan, but I'll be watching the game since our team is playing. And hopefully there will be some decent commercials. Go Falcons! Maybe we'll run into each other sometime during the week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can get into the 1700 loop.

Okay, well no problem. We will be bringing the tv anyway. We are trying for 1500 loop, unless there is a large group camping there. Have to send in my loop/site requests soon. 

Since your team is in, we will be rooting for you! Hopefully you get to run into the MVP while you are there, or some of the other players. 

Speaking of bringing a TV for camping. We have a 19" Samsung that we bring camping. It fits perfectly in a flat Sterilite bin (after tilting the base) with a towel wrapped around it inside the bin. It travels very well that way. 

Interesting stuff about the Inn&Out area.  When we get there we usually are in for the night, then stop at Arby's (our son's favorite place to eat) the next day for a brunch meal on the way north or south.  So we are not exposed to much of the area...except sometimes a stop at Wal Mart.  Inn&Out used to have a lot of "permanent guests", but they have gotten most of them out and somewhat upgraded the place.   At any rate it is a good place to get gas and propane enroute.

3 hours ago, Retired and Happy (Ken) said:

Interesting stuff about the Inn&Out area.  When we get there we usually are in for the night, then stop at Arby's (our son's favorite place to eat) the next day for a brunch meal on the way north or south.  So we are not exposed to much of the area...except sometimes a stop at Wal Mart.  Inn&Out used to have a lot of "permanent guests", but they have gotten most of them out and somewhat upgraded the place.   At any rate it is a good place to get gas and propane enroute.

Yes, Inn & Out does have a lot of permanent residents. I've noticed lately, they have been cleaning that situation up quite a bit. I will never understand why they put them in the front. If they put the long term people in the back, over night guests would never see them. Even so, I drive through every once in awhile, and see the front from Dairy Queen parking lot and have noticed the changes.

Even so, it's never been Inn & Out that was the problem. They just happen to be situated right between two homeless camps (one building and one outdoors) and the sketchy Steak & Shake. The homeless camps have been cleared out now, and the one that was a building was torn down and a new business built there. All of this happened during 2016, so has not been a long term issue. And the building boom on 90 has really made things nicer. Our Walmart still looks like crap, and the opening of the dead end side road it was on has created quite a mess of traffic situations. Even as bad as it looks, no crime issues there.