Wondering what some experiences have been regarding a screen room with walls.  My awning is 18' and I was looking at the type of room with solid walls and a few windows.  Pros? Cons? Set-up?  Are they worth it or will a good gust crush the whole thing?  Ironically I did have one but.upgraded camper to larger awning size before I had a chance to use it.

Frank

They serve a good purpose but what type of awning do you have? I have not seen any used yet with the electric awnings and not sure if you can. They are great for very buggy areas but keep in mind will also cut down on your breeze. Some folks use them for extra sleeping areas also.

As per manufacturer, awnings are compatible with newer truss type electric awnings.  I did watch videos regarding set-up, kinda looking for some real life experiences....manufacturer sets up these under ideal conditions, they make it look so smooth.   Life tends to not be a smooth.

OK Good you have info regarding the new electric awnings, I just was not sure as they are not as strong and blow up much easier, I am sure the weight from the screen room will aid in holing them down, We have a modification made on our awning to help to be able to tie them down. Good luck on your decision and keep us posted.

We've been interested in those as well.... however, they look like a hassle to put up/take down.  I guess it might be worth it, if you're camping somewhere for a week or two...but because we only do that one or twice a year (most of our trips are 2-4 nights), it hasn't been worth the investment. 

When we got our TT that was one of the first things I wanted to get, because I remember my grandparents having one when I was a kid.  So I asked my grandpa about and he said (like nacole) they are great if you are going to be somewhere for awhile but we're a pain to put up and take down for shorter stays and not worth the hassle. 

So I got one of the easy up canopies and went on Amazon and bought one of the screen enclosures they have for them. Much easier to set up and if it does ever get torn up from a storm much cheaper than an awning and awning screen room to replace. 

We had one on our previous MH, but let it go when we sold it.  We investigated one for our new-to-us MH, but found them to be NOT RECOMMENDED for us.  One of our furnaces exhausts into the area where the screen room would have been.  Also the fridge if operated on propane.  We could have introduced all kinds of carbon monoxide into the room when the furnace was running.

All that said, we really loved ours but only used it at the Fort because of the setup problems and considering our length of stay.  We usually had a couple of elevated air mattresses and a couple of chairs in there for grandkids or other guests.  At Christmas we set a tree in there and put presents around the base.

I'm not familiar with a hard sided model.  Ours was a 20 footer with rollup panels for privacy.  Plenty of breeze came through with the panels rolled up.  

23 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

When we got our TT that was one of the first things I wanted to get, because I remember my grandparents having one when I was a kid.  So I asked my grandpa about and he said (like nacole) they are great if you are going to be somewhere for awhile but we're a pain to put up and take down for shorter stays and not worth the hassle. 

So I got one of the easy up canopies and went on Amazon and bought one of the screen enclosures they have for them. Much easier to set up and if it does ever get torn up from a storm much cheaper than an awning and awning screen room to replace. 

Exactly.  Got one of the nice "Patty-O-Rooms" for the last MH and used it maybe 2 or 3 times.  It was very nice when it was up, it had roll up panels to use as a screenhouse or an add-a-room, but as Derek says, it's a pain to put up and take down and only worth it if you will be staying for several days.

It also took up storage room as well in two storage tubs.

We mostly just use a Coleman Geosport over the picnic table, but I agree that an Easy-up with screens would also be nice and far easier.  

That's a good point about exhaust gas...on our trailer the refrigerator would be the only contributing appliance.  It seems the consensus is if you.are.staying longer than 4 days and do not find the set-up too difficult and have extra.storage room (which we do, trailer and boxes on truck) they are a nice addition.  We camp at beach often and the marsh flies kill us some years.  Other years none.  Up north here , those skeeters come out and can infest trailer just.by opening door a few.times.  not like I want to waste $600_700 , but if I don't try one I'll never know.  Guess I'll order one this week and wait 5months to.try it out,  Damn winter, gets.in the way.