Palmetto Shores RV Resort

Hi- new to the site and to camping as of last season.  Very excited about making our first trip to the Fort from Aberdeen Maryland this November.  I was wondering if anyone has stayed at Palmetto Shores RV Resort on the north side of the Lake Marion Bridge off I-95 in SC?  Any other overnight stop suggestions also appreciated.  We would prefer a campsite as opposed to parking lot- not sure we are brave enough for that yet lol!

Thanks in advance to everyone- this is a wonderful site!!!

Hello and welcome from just up the road in Newark De. we have used the campground at South of the Border, Bass Lake and also The New Green Acres in Walterboro all decent places for overnight stops.

The New Green Acres used to be our usual overnight stop to and from the Fort until we changed our route.  Big pull through wooded sites, clean rest rooms, easy access to 95.

Welcome to the group!

We pick up 95 at the 26 entrance in SC.  Have stayed at Pilot/Flying J and Cracker Barrels many times.  We always stay at the Flying J in St. Augustine on the way down and usually at the Cracker Barrel in Walterboro, SC, on the way home.  No need to be afraid, just aware of your surroundings.

18 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Hello and welcome from just up the road in Newark De. we have used the campground at South of the Border, Bass Lake and also The New Green Acres in Walterboro all decent places for overnight stops.

We have also used South of the Border and New Green Acres several times each and liked both. Nice and clean and quiet and right off the highway.

And they both have after hours check-in kiosks, which is very handy when looking for just a quick overnight.

I haven't heard of Bass Lake though, where is that?

1 hour ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

We have also used South of the Border and New Green Acres several times each and liked both. Nice and clean and quiet and right off the highway.

And they both have after hours check-in kiosks, which is very handy when looking for just a quick overnight.

I haven't heard of Bass Lake though, where is that?

I think Bass Lake is one exit before South of the Border heading south, Dillon SC I might be wrong. Used to be a Passport America park so was cheap but we have not renewed our membership in awhile so not sure they still are. I like to try for long pull thru sites so I don't have to unhook to make for a early departure.

On 1/24/2017 at 10:12 AM, dblr....Rennie said:

I think Bass Lake is one exit before South of the Border heading south, Dillon SC I might be wrong. Used to be a Passport America park so was cheap but we have not renewed our membership in awhile so not sure they still are. I like to try for long pull thru sites so I don't have to unhook to make for a early departure.

Thanks. Found the website, looks like it would be worth trying out, right off of I-95.

http://basslakecampground.net/