3 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Does this apply to the truck stops as well?

I haven't had a diesel truck in many years, but I would say if you are buying it at a "regular" station (non-truck stop) you will run into the $75-$100 limit,  If you fill up at a truck stop with the big rigs, I would say they play under different rules, but can't be sure...

In my case, I fall under the limits every time as I have to use gas and am forced to fill up at non truck stop locations.

2 hours ago, Duane said:

Bob, you think that is bad, I have the same issue with the 75 gallon tank attached to my Ford...  A F53 Motorhome chassis. I have managed to find a few stations that will allow a $100 charge, but they are few and far between.  I just usually keep my credit card in my pocket and not put it back in my wallet until I am done.

Yep.  And it was really bad when gas was over $4/gal and it routinely took 3 swipes to fill the tank.  

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

Yep.  And it was really bad when gas was over $4/gal and it routinely took 3 swipes to fill the tank.  

In those days, I had to use two different cards to fill up my truck. The one card I prefer to use wouldn't allow two consecutive swipes without tripping the fraud alert. Grrrr

23 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Does this apply to the truck stops as well?

If you are talking about the diesel lanes with the big trucks, no it is not the case. With MOST of these you will have to go inside before fueling and tell them how much you want to pump (guess high has been my experience). When done you pull up to the yellow line and go inside to settle up.
Now, with Pilot\Flying J if you have one of their "RV Plus Charge Card's" you can use that to turn on the pump in the truck lanes just like you would a regular pump. We have one of those cards and it generally only gets used when traveling, and that is the reason we try to stop at Pilot\Flying J's. It's nice to be able to fill up and not have to go inside if we don't want to.

17 minutes ago, Helmsey......Todd said:

If you are talking about the diesel lanes with the big trucks, no it is not the case. With MOST of these you will have to go inside before fueling and tell them how much you want to pump (guess high has been my experience). When done you pull up to the yellow line and go inside to settle up.
Now, with Pilot\Flying J if you have one of their "RV Plus Charge Card's" you can use that to turn on the pump in the truck lanes just like you would a regular pump. We have one of those cards and it generally only gets used when traveling, and that is the reason we try to stop at Pilot\Flying J's. It's nice to be able to fill up and not have to go inside if we don't want to.

You don't need a special card at Pilot... your Disney card works great there ;) 

Just now, Helmsey......Todd said:

wow, i never knew that....thanks for that info :D

You bet!  You have to push the buttons... I don't remember what the order was, but I know you push "trailer" at some point.  You just go through the prompts...there are probably 5 or 6.