How many days are you looking at renting one?    Will you be using Disney transportation?

When we took our than 75-year-old mother to Disneyland for two days. We just rented directly from Disney. It was more expensive but worth the convenience.    We didn't want to drag the scooter from our hotel to the parking garage to the parks. 

I've used http://www.applescooter.com/ when we went for my mom, they delivered and picked up at the Reception Outpost. I rented the 4 wheel one since my mom had driven one before, thought it would be less prone to tip overs. Whoever you rent, I would suggest getting a wrist key ring so when not in use, you can put the key around your wrist and it won't get lost..

We have used  http://www.specialneedsatsea.com on our cruises and Orlando trips for scooter rentals and oxygen equipment.  I think it was around 200.00 for 7 days and they drop off and pick up where ever you are staying.  I don't know if Disney has approved vendors for scooters or not, might want to give the Fort desk a call and see how they would handle it being dropped off. I know on the cruise and times we had them deliver to a hotel we told them our arrival day and departure day the scooter was always there when we arrived or soon after and we just left it at the front desk when we left and they picked it up, they may even drop off and pick up from your site if you are there and set a time. Have never had any problems with the company or the scooters.

They have the smaller scooters that can be broke down to be put in a car or truck. Usually just taking the battery out makes it easy enough for me to lift into the back of the truck.

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I think we'll only have 5 days at the parks and the MK is the only time we'd use Disney transportation.  Renting from Disney might be worth the extra money, but I'll need to price compare.  Again, not sure if she'll even use it, but she just had (both) big toes fused so, who knows what this fall will hold ?  

2 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I have booked several clients with Buena Vista Scooters and they have been great to work with. 

Can you get me a price please?

My parents were teenagers when I was born, so they are relatively young.  Our prayer is definitely that God touches her and she regains mobility.

We rented one last year from "Scooter Bug Mobility" for my father last year. They delivered the scooter to the fort and it worked well.

We are renting again in February for our grandparents. For eight days it will be $200 per scooter, includes delivery and taxes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I think we'll only have 5 days at the parks and the MK is the only time we'd use Disney transportation.  Renting from Disney might be worth the extra money, but I'll need to price compare.  Again, not sure if she'll even use it, but she just had (both) big toes fused so, who knows what this fall will hold ?  

Can you get me a price please?

My parents were teenagers when I was born, so they are relatively young.  Our prayer is definitely that God touches her and she regains mobility.

for a quick one I just set one up for a client from 2/4-2/9. It was $219.39 with tax and $20 damage waiver

Also they are on of the approved vendors so they can drop it off and pick it up from Luggage Services without having to meet you. 

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/ecv-rentals/

For Guests requiring assistance, Electric Conveyance Vehicles are available for rent at all Walt Disney World theme and water parks as well as Disney Springs. 

Price

Walt Disney World Theme Parks

• Daily: $50
  • A refundable $20 deposit is required at this location
Walt Disney World Water Parks and Disney Springs
  • Daily: $50
  • A refundable $100 deposit is required at this location

Daily Rentals are transferable between all locations. You pay just once for the day.

Length of Stay Rentals are not available for ECVs. However, vehicles can be held if Guests leave and return to the same park on the same day.

When Leaving Your Location 
ECVs may not be removed from the destination where they were rented. When exiting your location, simply return your ECV to the rental counter to receive your deposit. If you’re at Disney Springs, your deposit will be returned at this time. If leaving one theme park and visiting another, present your rental receipt with your deposit to secure another ECV, if available.

Know Before You Go

• ECVs are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • Reservations are not accepted, and quantities are limited. Please plan to arrive early.
  • Guests must be 18 years of age to rent ECVs. A photo ID is required.
  • The maximum weight is 450 pounds. ECVs are not designed to hold more than one person.
  • You are welcome to bring and use your own ECV throughout Walt Disney World Resort.

Before I bought my own scooter, I always rented from Walker Mobility.  Meeting them for pickup and return was no big deal.  They would call me when they were on their way. Customer service was excellent, and their price was much better than everyone else I checked.  

I would never rent a scooter from Disney for two reasons:  one, they are way too big and clunky.  Two, you can't take them out of the parks.  

52 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Before I bought my own scooter, I always rented from Walker Mobility.  Meeting them for pickup and return was no big deal.  They would call me when they were on their way. Customer service was excellent, and their price was much better than everyone else I checked.  

I would never rent a scooter from Disney for two reasons:  one, they are way too big and clunky.  Two, you can't take them out of the parks.  

Size is probably a good consideration....out of the park not so much as we're considering a golf cart rental for The Fort and everywhere else, she should be okay.

Maybe a wheelchair for the parks if she needs one??  I don't know... AK is pretty bumpy.

4 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Size is probably a good consideration....out of the park not so much as we're considering a golf cart rental for The Fort and everywhere else, she should be okay.

Maybe a wheelchair for the parks if she needs one??  I don't know... AK is pretty bumpy.

I spent a day pushing gram around MK. She doesn't weigh much. My arms were shot by the end of the day and my back was too from leaning to do so. She wouldn't use a scooter though so it was my only option. Get the scooter. 

I'm with Jason, definitely get a scooter. There are a lot more "hills" ups and downs in the parks that you don't really realize till you push a wheelchair around all day. 

If she can walk some you can always park it at one of the stroller/wheelchair parking areas and walk some. Or take turns riding it so she doesn't get stiff from sitting and riding all day. We do this sometimes and it helps. 

No matter scooter or wheelchair there are areas in each park that are bumpy.

Oh and one more tip if you get her a scooter set it to turtle (slow) unless your family is speed walkers. My grandma used to take off and I'd be chasing after her, finally one time I just let her go and when she figured out she had lost us she slowed it down and made sure we could keep up.

6 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Can she reasonably get from the car to the entrance to the park?  And what if she gets into a park but no scooters are available?

David had to push me around in a wheelchair several years ago after I fell in MK.  It wore him out.  Even in MK, where everything appears pretty flat.

5 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Oh and one more tip if you get her a scooter set it to turtle (slow) unless your family is speed walkers. My grandma used to take off and I'd be chasing after her, finally one time I just let her go and when she figured out she had lost us she slowed it down and made sure we could keep up.

Haha ... your mother is young enough to figure this out.  I rarely set my scooter to turtle.  Only when I'm in a huge crowd.  

We have used both Walker Mobility and Buena Vista Scooters. The scooters from Buena Vista were newer and more reliable. The one we got from Walker had to be swapped out 2 times while we were there for not charging and not turning on. Both companies were easy to work with but the convienience of Buena Vista at the fort was easier than waiting for the 2 hour window with Walker. Next time we may try Scooter bug if the prices are comparable or just use Buena Vista again. 

9 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Can she reasonably get from the car to the entrance to the park?  And what if she gets into a park but no scooters are available?

David had to push me around in a wheelchair several years ago after I fell in MK.  It wore him out.  Even in MK, where everything appears pretty flat.

Won't know for several months.  The surgeries on her feet were recent (first one about 12 weeks ago and the second about 3 weeks ago).  I'd say we'll have a better idea, this summer. The doctor's expectation is that she'll be up and mobile (it's the reason they did the surgeries, so she could continue to walk)... but, as we know, being able to walk and being able to walk around a park at WDW are two completely different things.  Now, having said that, we will not spend more than 4 -5  hours (including travel time) at a park. Tom's back can't handle much more, mom's body definitely not and we have a dog (as do my parents) so... we'll see.  MK is pretty flat and we'll break that park up into two days.  MGM is small.  Epcot and AK are the two parks where I feel like a scooter might be helpful.  We have zero plans to go to DTD.  Probably 1/2 day at a water park.