Thinking about trying to get down to the fort in May if possible. Looking for some feedback on this. My sons bday is 5/11 and would love to go down 5/7-5/13. My mom is trying to get me to go over memorial day so we would be looking at adding an additional day and going 5/26-6/3. I am leaning towards the first option for smaller crowds.

It may just end up being my son and I and not the whole family. The wife doesn't want to go down 2 times in one year and we would be back a thanksgiving. I hate to leave my daughter at home but she isn't old/tall enough for all of the rides and my son would get bored with the smaller ones.

Any feedback would be appreciated from those of you who are more experienced.

We have visited WDW on a lot of Memorial Day weekends.  The weather and storm activity start to heat up around then, and it will be crowded.

That earlier May week would give you a better chance at nicer weather and less crowds.

But, either one is a good option.  Even though it's busier Memorial Day weekend, the parks aren't as bad as they are at peak summer and holiday times, and they are likely to have longer park hours and more staffing to accommodate the crowds.

One more thing to consider- it was discussed on another thread that certain passes are going to be blocked out for Animal Kingdom between May 27th and June 9.  That's an indication that something big might be happening then.  Depending on how you view things, that could be a good or bad time to visit:

TCD

Must have overlooked that link you tossed out there. Thanks for that info. Knowing that I may plan to go the first week if we can swing it. Was looking at annual pass info since we will be down there at thanksgiving. May cost me a little more but in the long run I think it may be worth it. Does anyone use the discount on food? That alone may cover the roughly 50 more per annual pass vs buying tickets for both trips. I am assuming the annual pass includes the hopper or is it one park per day? Couldn't find that info on a quick look.

Thanks,

Ryan

8 minutes ago, rtguy007 said:

Must have overlooked that link you tossed out there. Thanks for that info. Knowing that I may plan to go the first week if we can swing it. Was looking at annual pass info since we will be down there at thanksgiving. May cost me a little more but in the long run I think it may be worth it. Does anyone use the discount on food? That alone may cover the roughly 50 more per annual pass vs buying tickets for both trips. I am assuming the annual pass includes the hopper or is it one park per day? Couldn't find that info on a quick look.

Thanks,

Ryan

park hopping is included. 

Just now, rtguy007 said:

Thanks Jason. Do they ever offer the annual on a discount? Knowing Disney probably not but figured I would ask.

Only to DVC I believe. If you search though there are ways to go about getting one cheaper. I am hip deep in a project I or I would search on it for you. Its on here and Carol I think has contributed the most if I remember right. 

26 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Only to DVC I believe. If you search though there are ways to go about getting one cheaper. I am hip deep in a project I or I would search on it for you. Its on here and Carol I think has contributed the most if I remember right. 

I remember a few of Carils post on this. I will dig them up and check them out. Thanks

abyone else going to be there the week of 5/7-5/13?

11 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

Thanks Jason. Do they ever offer the annual on a discount? Knowing Disney probably not but figured I would ask.

We bought our APs in December and we received an extra month. (13 months total).  

An AP also includes free photo pass pictures.  And free parking at the parks.  

And they have added more restaurants that give 10-20% off dining. 

a park hopper 4 day ticket is half the price of an AP.   So if you make two trips to Disney in a year and buy the 4 day hopper ticket you might as well buy an AP. 

Or two 6-day non hopper tickets.  

14 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

We bought our APs in December and we received an extra month. (13 months total).  

An AP also includes free photo pass pictures.  And free parking at the parks.  

And they have added more restaurants that give 10-20% off dining. 

a park hopper 4 day ticket is half the price of an AP.   So if you make two trips to Disney in a year and buy the 4 day hopper ticket you might as well buy an AP. 

Or two 6-day non hopper tickets.  

Thanks Ray. If we get down in May we would probably do a 3 day non hopper if it was just one trip this year. However we are scheduled for 2 weeks at thanksgiving and would probably pickup a 6 or 7 day with water park option so the annual pass starts to make sense on 2 trips.

Now if I could only convince my wife to let me go down on my birthday in 2018.

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2017 at 7:46 PM, rtguy007 said:

Thanks,

Ryan

We have annual passes & have found them to be very worth while. Don't forget to include the fact that AP includes parking which is now $22 if I remember correctly plus you get discounts not only on food at select restaurants (make sure the restaurants you want to visit are on the list as it does not include every restaurant) but also on merchandise if you plan to buy any souvenirs. 

• 1 month later...

Getting excited. Both kids think we are going to this place called 6 Flags when we are really going to the Fort. :P

Annual passes for the kids and I have been purchased. Since the wife isnt going this time we didnt pick one up for her. I was able to get the 13 month AP which i didnt think was being offered anymore. Glad to see that.

Got fast passes for most things setup but still no mine train FP's available. :angry: Was hoping to see rivers of light but we will wait until November for that.

Got a last minute ressie at Chef Mickeys at 8:30 one day which really sirprised me that it opened. Also have Ohana booked. Normally i only do one character bfast for the kids but since it is my oldests birthday we are going to do 2.

Only regret so far is not getting there on the 5th. I figured my vacation days wrong and have an extra day. To bad they are booked full for premiums the 5th otherwise i would be leaving a day earlier.

Getting excited. Both kids think we are going to this place called 6 Flags when we are really going to the Fort. :P

Annual passes for the kids and I have been purchased. Since the wife isnt going this time we didnt pick one up for her. I was able to get the 13 month AP which I didnt think was being offered anymore. Glad to see that.

Got fast passes for most things setup but still no mine train FP's available. :angry: Was hoping to see rivers of light but we will wait until November for that.

Got a last minute ressie at Chef Mickeys at 8:30 one day which really surprised me that it opened. Also have Ohana booked. Normally i only do one character bfast for the kids but since it is my oldests birthday we are going to do 2.

Only regret so far is not getting there on the 5th. I figured my vacation days wrong and have an extra day. To bad they are booked full for premiums the 5th otherwise i would be leaving a day earlier.

T minus 14 days and counting.

10 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Keep trying for that extra day, especially on May 1st, as sites have to be cancelled 5 days out

Been keeping an eye out all day. Will kee trying. Thanks for the tip. I can get a full hookup. But I really dont want to move once I am setup.