Guests for first 3 days of stay who will then transfer to their own resort

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has had family members stay with them at their Fort campsite who then transfer to their own resort for the remainder of their stay?  

I offered for my sister and her family to stay the first 3 days of our joint Disney trip with my husband and I in our RV at the Fort.  They will then transfer to their own Disney property resort.  I did not realize how complicated this was going to be when I offered.  If you have done this- did you put them on your reservation?  I found it wanted to add them for our entire 8 day reservation and then we all have to purchase the same length park ticket which is causing an issue.  We only want a 6 day and they want a 7 day.   I am also concerned about what would happen to their fast pass reservations made under our reservation if heaven forbid we have to cancel our trip for unforeseen reasons.  

Right now our reservation only lists me and my husband, they are not on it.  I was told they can come stay as guests since you can have up to 10 people I think at your site, but since they are not on on the reservation they would not be able to make fast pass reservations at the 60 day mark like we will.  They would not be able to make their fast pass reservations for those 3 days until 30 days out like the non Disney property guests.

The other issue is the magical express- some cast members said the express will not pick them up until their check in day and another cast member stated it would pick them up 3 days prior to their check in.  Not sure who to believe. 

It is not helping that her and I both have talked to Disney reservations and have been told different info.  Any advice is appreciated.  

Thanks so much!

You can't do it in advance without adding them to your package.

BUT, once you arrive, you can add them to your reservation without package components and get them Magic Bands.

Unfortunately, getting them on DME will not be possible for your reservation, BUT if they go down to the Mears desk right next to Magical Express, they can pay 20-25 per person for a one way Mears ticket to Disney, and then they will be placed on a DME bus to the Fort.

OR, both you and your friends  can remove all your tickets from your Fort reservation and their reservation, purchase them separately direct through Disney or through any of the ticket sellers, and then add everyone to the reservation., then get them on DME on your first day as part of the reservation.

Unless you are doing the dining plan, doing room only with separate tickets is the easiest way.

9 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Another option is buy the shorter length and they can add a day to their ticket when they arrive. 

I was typing that as you replied. Did it before and added a day to some tickets but not all. Gave us access to setup those fast passes for everyone and the few that went in the extra days just stood in the lines when they were short. It worked out well.