Toddler Camping at the Fort Tips?!

Hi all! Thanks to this amazing group (and Jason) we were able to get a tent reservation at the Fort for our daughter's second birthday! We are really excited. :)

So, anyone who has camped here with toddlers...tips? What is on our must do or must bring list?

We are camping this weekend. 

Thanks in advance! -Rachel

Your daughter is the perfect age for a pony ride!

My girls all loved this activity back in the day:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/pony-rides/

After the pony ride, take her into the barn and let her see the big horses!

The main pool has a great splash area that is great for toddlers, and it looks like you may have warm enough weather for that this weekend.

I suggest a beach pail and shovel. My kids loved to dig in the dirt around the campsite, or at the beach.  And they would collect pine cones and all kinds of other nature in those buckets.

Get some sidewalk chalk- it's fun to draw on the pavement at your site.

Bubbles.  Lots of bubbles.

There are lots of playgrounds around the Fort.  There is at least one kiddie swing down at the Settlement Playground.

Bring a tricycle or something for your daughter to ride around the loop or on the sidewalks.  If you have a bike with a kiddie seat, bring that and take her for a bike ride.

Two isn't too young to try fishing.  Kiddie fishing poles are cheap and fun!

Don't forget the campfire every night.  Lots of fun singing, S'mores, and she can meet Chip and Dale.

There are organized activities every day at the pool- often with a simple craft that you can help her with.

My kids would love to ride the boats over to the Wilderness Lodge or the Contemporary resort- just the boat ride was fun.

TCD

17 hours ago, Beckers said:

Don't run out of baby wipes!! We did and Disney only sells them in like a tiny pack of 12 for $3.95 or something crazy!

never underestimate the excitement level of the boat, bus and monorail to a 2 year old.

have a great time!

And take your own sunscreen/lotion.  

Disney prices are $13 to $15 for a bottle that would be about $6 in a store.

All 3 of my kids have loved riding in the bicycle trailer at the Fort. I would ride my girls around until they fell asleep at night. I started my boy off in the trailer while he was still in a car seat. I would strap the car seat into the trailer then fasten him securely in it. They also loved the kid area at the pool and the playgrounds.

I will say having a bike with a child's bike seat, or trailer is a MUST.  Getting from loop to locations can be a hassle via bus but an adventure on the bike.  Our son turned 2 in October and we camp a lot with him and hes always excited for a ride.  I'll be excited once hes old enough to keep up on his own bike.

We have camped many times with toddlers and I offer this,  at Walt Disney World we pick 3 rides in the AM, hit those then back for a swim/nap, then off to another park that evening, hopper, and set out sights on 2_3 rides/activities.  Kids are not burned out and change of parks adds excitement and gives them something to look forward to.  With us the key was less is best.  All too often we see screaming kids and angry parents, just pure misery usually caused by trying to do everything in one day, plus 100° and 97% humidity doesn't help.  The parks are large and getting larger.every year, so if you miss something, which you will, that is incentive to.visit another time.

Again, this is what we.found to work the.best,  still have meltdowns, but manageable.

Frank

On 2/2/2017 at 9:38 AM, Disneyfrank said:

We have camped many times with toddlers and I offer this,  at Walt Disney World we pick 3 rides in the AM, hit those then back for a swim/nap, then off to another park that evening, hopper, and set out sights on 2_3 rides/activities.  Kids are not burned out and change of parks adds excitement and gives them something to look forward to.  With us the key was less is best.  All too often we see screaming kids and angry parents, just pure misery usually caused by trying to do everything in one day, plus 100° and 97% humidity doesn't help.  The parks are large and getting larger.every year, so if you miss something, which you will, that is incentive to.visit another time.

Again, this is what we.found to work the.best,  still have meltdowns, but manageable.

Frank

This is what we do, the only difference is we don't have any kids. 

When we took my nephew we only went to MK but we did a split day, he was 9 and probably could have gone all day but the adults needed naps and it was hot.