Not food, but food related.

My wife found these last night at Dollar Tree

Campbell's Microwavable Soup Bowl Cozy Hot Food & Drink Insulator *Lot of 4*

It's a Campbell's microwave soup bowl cozy.  Basically it's an insulated pot holder pocket to keep you from burning your fingers on bowls that get too hot in the microwave. Put the bowl in the cozy, fill it, then zap it.   The instructions said you can use it to keep your bowl insulated when eating ice cream also.

I'm sure you can use it if you pour something hot in a bowl from a pot also.

It has a flat bottom to cut down on spills.

I used it last night and it worked great.

They are available on eBay and Amazon also.  

eBay had a 4 pack for $35 ! I saw others listing from $4 to $9 each.

There are a lot of instructions on line for making them, but not worth it if you can find them for $1.

20 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I don't know about this.

It seems like it would be hard to keep soup from dripping on that.  Now you have something else to clean up.

Plus, I need my soup to cool off so I can eat it.  And, my ice cream will be gone way before I need to worry about it melting.

I'll pass.

TCD

I used it for a bowl of mashed potatoes last night, kept me from burning my fingers.

I can see drips and spills issue, but it's better that doing that little dance taking a scorching hot bowl out of the microwave.

26 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I used it for a bowl of mashed potatoes last night, kept me from burning my fingers.

I can see drips and spills issue, but it's better that doing that little dance taking a scorching hot bowl out of the microwave.

The next time you're in the Dollar store, see if they have this new invention called a pot holder.  Also known as an oven mitt.  In addition to removing a hot bowl out of a microwave, those are also good for taking hot pans out of a regular oven. (I can only imagine how bad you burn your fingers doing that).

TCD

I'm going to jump in and say I think this looks handy. My microwave at home can heat a bowl of soup and still the bowl isn't too bad for taking out with my hands. But with the microwave at my work, the bowl can be burning hot while the soup inside is barely warm. I'm a klutz with potholders, personally, particularly the mitt type ones. I use Ove Gloves at home. I've been bringing a dish towel to work to wrap around my soup bowl and take it out of the microwave. I could see getting a few of these instead and then throwing them in the wash with my dish towels when they get dirty. 

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The next time you're in the Dollar store, see if they have this new invention called a pot holder.  Also known as an oven mitt.  In addition to removing a hot bowl out of a microwave, those are also good for taking hot pans out of a regular oven. (I can only imagine how bad you burn your fingers doing that).

TCD

In a past life I bet you went down kicking and screaming when Og invented the wheel !  :lol:

I see your point, one more thing to store and take care of, but it looks like it'll work good for us, especially with the granddaughter nukeing stuff all the time.  Our regular bowls get really hot. 

Can this thread expand to include other Dollar Finds, especially Disney themed ones?  I love adding little bits of Disney to my day and DT is a more affordable way to do it.

A few years ago, I got some cotton swabs (imitation Q-tips) in a small tin like an Altoids box, but with Mickey painted on the outside.  

181477.jpg

I also have a Disney Princess themed nightlight I use when we stay in a Disney hotel.  

Any other cool finds? 

21 minutes ago, Travisma said:

In a past life I bet you went down kicking and screaming when Og invented the wheel !  :lol:

I see your point, one more thing to store and take care of, but it looks like it'll work good for us, especially with the granddaughter nukeing stuff all the time.  Our regular bowls get really hot. 

LOL.   You're right!  Stupid Og and his crazy ideas!

We don't really use our microwave oven all that much, so this would just be more unnecessary clutter for us.  I can see where it would be of use in a family where the microwave is used more frequently.  And for a buck, why not?

TCD

16 minutes ago, Momof6....aka Marty said:

Can this thread expand to include other Dollar Finds, especially Disney themed ones?  I love adding little bits of Disney to my day and DT is a more affordable way to do it.

A few years ago, I got some cotton swabs (imitation Q-tips) in a small tin like an Altoids box, but with Mickey painted on the outside.  

181477.jpg

I also have a Disney Princess themed nightlight I use when we stay in a Disney hotel.  

Any other cool finds? 

I got Disney calendars from there for 2017.

Toy aisle has little princess figurines and they had Ursula also.

We stock up on any type of flashing light ups before we go camping.  Lighted bracelets make it easier to track the kids when they are on the play gounds at night.

Little laser pointer key chains are fun also.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2017 at 11:31 AM, Momof6....aka Marty said:

181477.jpg

Any other cool finds? 

These are super cute! The only ones they have now are Frozen themed. If Frozen EVER wears off, I'm going to keep my eye out for one of these for the camper. Right now our Q-tips are in a Ziploc. Maybe I will see if they will fit in a Disney puzzle tin. I know they have those at Dollar Tree. 

The glow sticks, for camping with kids, are a must at Dollar Tree. You can get a tube of 16 bracelets or 8 necklaces for $1. Best price anywhere. 

Our camper is completely stocked from Dollar Tree and thrift stores. The only thing I had to throw away and get a better one of is the can opener. Dollar Tree can openers are junk. Just skip that one, unless you only expect one trip out of it. 

What's better are the various light ups at Dollar Tree.  I've gotten light up flashing bracelets that make it easy to track the kids when it gets dark.  They have light up sticks with a ball on the end.  They flash when you hit the ball on something.  Another great thing is the strings of 10 or 12 battery operated LED lights.  We hook them onto the bunk end rods and use them as night lights.

10 hours ago, Travisma said:

What's better are the various light ups at Dollar Tree.  I've gotten light up flashing bracelets that make it easy to track the kids when it gets dark.  They have light up sticks with a ball on the end.  They flash when you hit the ball on something.  Another great thing is the strings of 10 or 12 battery operated LED lights.  We hook them onto the bunk end rods and use them as night lights.

Yep.  We too buy light-up stuff at the Dollar Tree for Disney.  Much cheaper than the $15+ glow sticks they sell in the park... haha :lol:

39 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Yep.  We too buy light-up stuff at the Dollar Tree for Disney.  Much cheaper than the $15+ glow sticks they sell in the park... haha :lol:

Another good place is Walgreens after Christmas and Halloween.  They mark down their decorations and if you are lucky they will still have light up trinkets when they hit the 75-90% off prices.  Got Mickey, Minnie and Jack Skellington items at Halloween.  Some of the light ups like the foam rods with flashing LEDs inside just have a plastic slip on sleeve that comes right off and now you have a plain white flashing rod.  I used about 15 of these to outline my kayak during the yearly lighted boat parade.

We got 3 sets of the battery operated mini Solo Red Cups strings of lights from Dollar tree.  They are good for small spaces and night lights.

4 hours ago, Travisma said:

Another good place is Walgreens after Christmas and Halloween.  They mark down their decorations and if you are lucky they will still have light up trinkets when they hit the 75-90% off prices.  Got Mickey, Minnie and Jack Skellington items at Halloween.  Some of the light ups like the foam rods with flashing LEDs inside just have a plastic slip on sleeve that comes right off and now you have a plain white flashing rod.  I used about 15 of these to outline my kayak during the yearly lighted boat parade.

We got 3 sets of the battery operated mini Solo Red Cups strings of lights from Dollar tree.  They are good for small spaces and night lights.

Agreed! We got our trick-or-treating tubs (we were at the Fort in... umm...2014 I think) at Walgreens.  Super cute (handles light up and everything) and I want to say they were only $5-$7/each (we bought them before halloween of course ;)