Unfortunately, it's a lot more difficult than you think. "Somebody" local and with ironclad access to the Fort needs to have real ownership of the cart to take care of said repairs, make sure it doesn't get stolen, etc., etc. What about when it's time for new batteries? The controller blows, the steering goes out, the charger gets lifted? Believe me, several Fiends have discussed this in person over the years, and it's just not practical.

Trust me I know. I've been trying to figure this out myself for a while. And I have access to the Fort at any time.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The swapping out isn't an easy thing to do now that Disney won't let Kenny on to its property.  It was so much better in the good old days.

TCD

Very true, and full disclosure, the time we swapped out the "slow" cart was back when Kenny could still deliver on site.

1 hour ago, DisneyVampire said:

I haven't tried Kenny yet, but I do have a 3 week stay come Christmas. I might try with him.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If you decide to, reserve with him early.  These days he also books up quickly during busy times.

The suggestion that has been made about having carts floating around for those on this board, and those who are Fort regulars, has been done.  I witnessed it myself many times in years past, and I know of some of the contributors to this thread have taken advantage of a very similar arrangement.

As many have stated, Disney put their foot down on outside cart rental vendors, as well as scaring off those of us willing to juggle carts on site.  

I've used Kenny for years.  Again, I concur with everyone that his service is above and beyond, but his product can be sub par.  The last time we had an issue, he made it right and we got a huge discount.  

When  I lived in FL, we used him for rentals and ultimately, service once we purchased our own cart.  Now that we travel from up North and do not bring our cart along, we are back to rentals.  On both fronts, his service is top notch.  I have an upcoming rental and am hoping for no issues, though am apprehensive reading recent posts on this thread.......

FWIW I try to schedule the pick up end of the labor intensive Kenny cart rental process with a grocery run.  Since we have multiple drivers in our party, we all go to the meeting place, one will take the job of running the cart over while the rest of us hit the Winn Dixie or Walmart and stock up on supplies needed.  By the time both of us are done, it's time to return to the Fort and do some looping.  Usually works out unless it's raining!

Used him over Christmas. As noted, I was there for a week and a half and saved a buttload over mouse prices. Lights went out one night, had a new battery delivered by next morning. Nice guy and good service. It's a shame Disney has made it so difficult. I have a truck and wondered if I should buy a set of ramps. It would save a back/forth with the trailer.

• 3 months later...

I believe that word of mouth is the best form of advertising.

I rented two Kenny carts over this past Memorial Day weekend.

Kenny has had a hard time keeping staff, so he was at the designated pick up and drop off location.  He was on time.  The carts were a little worn, but operated perfectly.

I still hate having to drive off property to get the carts and bring them back, but I saved about $300 over what renting from Disney would have cost.

I give him a 10 out of 10.

http://www.teetimegolfcarts.com/

TCD

28 minutes ago, roymercer said:

I rented a 6 seater last week and it was just  fine. 20 mph with 8 aboard and 26 mph late one night by myself hustling to get ice before the store closed. no issues at all.

Wow, I wish. We are lucky to hit 12-14 mph in any of the 6-seaters we've reserved no matter who is on it.

• 3 months later...

Anyone have the name of an off site golf cart rental co., other than Tee Time?  They've been our go-to for years, but my husband refuses to use them any more so I have to find another source.  Thanks for any help!

23 hours ago, fortpartyof4 said:

Anyone have the name of an off site golf cart rental co., other than Tee Time?  They've been our go-to for years, but my husband refuses to use them any more so I have to find another source.  Thanks for any help!

Cyndee-  I am bumping up your post so that someone might see it and respond.  I do not know of anyone other than Kenny who is still renting golf carts for use at the Fort.

Also, check your PM's.

TCD