3 hours ago, Beckers said:

Those pretzels are all crap!! You need pretzels from https://phillypretzelfactory.com/

best pretzels ever. I would never buy a Wawa pretzel or one from creepy shopping cart guy. I enjoy Wawa but not their pretzels.

I never heard of this pretzel factory place, but I see they have a couple of locations in Florida.  I'll have to keep that in mind if I'm ever near one.

The WaWa pretzels aren't awful.  We used to get them all the time when WaWa first arrived in our area.  Now, not so much.

TCD

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spotted these pics shared to a Facebook group. Anyone seen it in person yet?

I was there this weekend and saw them. The food items are great (tried them all) but if you cannot eat spicy food, have them take off the horseradish sauce. It only started this weekend, but the

A cart isn't going to cut it for me. I'll need a big tow truck with a snow plow blade on the front.  The snow plow blade is for tents put up where they don't belong.  I'll push them back to the a

17 minutes ago, Beckers said:

If you like soft pretzels they are the best! You won't be disappointed (Jason can vouch for how good they are!)

You turned me into a junkie. I bought gift cards to a chain over 2 hours away and have to stop whenever I am driving through the state now. 

21 hours ago, HarpersTHEhappyCampers said:

We stayed in fort wilderness 2 weeks ago and tried the food truck by the campfire area for the first time. My wife and I both had the 'Fort Wilderness Smoked Pork belly Tillamook Cheeseburger'. Which is basically a bacon cheeseburger with chipotle BBQ sauce on it. We both feel that it was the best burger we have had on Disney property!! It's a fresh burger that was never frozen and it not the same type of burger you get at most quick service restaurants.

Welcome and thanks for the burger heads up....I love Tillamook cheese

....Today was like new members day, I think you're the 3rd I've noticed.  

8 hours ago, Beckers said:

Those pretzels are all crap!! You need pretzels from https://phillypretzelfactory.com/

best pretzels ever. I would never buy a Wawa pretzel or one from creepy shopping cart guy. I enjoy Wawa but not their pretzels.

I have a Philliy pretzel factory right near me. Pretzels are good the first hour, tolerable the next 12, and I've used day old ones to chock the wheels on my camper. Get a tray of rivets for a belly bloating good time!

Oh my, there is one about 20 minutes from my house.  In the middle of nowhere.  It is not even in a major city.  Anyway, one salted regular one is 10 smartpoints.  I feel a need to splurge my weekly bonus allowance soon.

• 2 weeks later...

The Fort Wilderness Food Truck is officially listed on the Disney website as the "Chuck Wagon Fresh Fixin's Food Truck: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/cabins-at-fort-wilderness-resort/chuck-wagon-fresh-fixins-food-truck/

The hours they have posted show that it is only open from 5 pm to 10 pm daily, even on weekends.

Here's what Disney says about it:

food%20truck%20chuck%20wagon_zpsayssfgxd

Note they say they have s'mores kits.

But, they don't show s'mores kits on the menu:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/cabins-at-fort-wilderness-resort/chuck-wagon-fresh-fixins-food-truck/menus/

Anyone have any up to date information about it being open at lunchtime on weekends?  I'm sure they still sell s'mores stuff, but I guess it's too much trouble to figure out how to list that on the menu?

This is all that they show on-line (excluding kids meals and beverages):

food%20truck%20menu_zpsdqmqkni3.jpg

TCD

Last Thursday the movie was over and we were the last to leave the campfire it was no where near 10 and the food truck was closed.  We were already down by the pool and there was a family lost looking for the food truck they said the app said it was open until 10. I told them it was already closed. They got mad at me. 

But last week for spring break it was open 11 to 3 then reopened from 5 until the movie ended. There are 2 menus the new one and the old one from the Chuck wagon

9 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Last Thursday the movie was over and we were the last to leave the campfire it was no where near 10 and the food truck was closed.  We were already down by the pool and there was a family lost looking for the food truck they said the app said it was open until 10. I told them it was already closed. They got mad at me. 

But last week for spring break it was open 11 to 3 then reopened from 5 until the movie ended. There are 2 menus the new one and the old one from the Chuck wagon

That stinks for that family.

And for all of us in the long run.  Businesses that don't stick to their advertised hours tend to tick off customers, and that translates into lower sales.  And low sales will result in the Food Truck being relocated elsewhere.

The My Disney Experience App is such a joke.  I hadn't looked at what it says about the Food Truck, but I did after reading your post.  The information on there is the same as what's on the Disney website in terms of hours and the menu.  But the App also provides "helpful" directions on how to get to the Food Truck.

Check this out- you can go by bus or boat . . .

Here's the bus directions:

cw%20directions%20bus_zpsnnpgzxlq.png

The biggest problem I see with those directions is that any guest trying to find the Fort Wilderness Outpost bus at the MK is going to be waiting for a very long time.  Like forever.  There are buses that go back and forth to the Fort in the evening (with a stop at the Lodge), but those go and come from the Settlement bus stop, clear on the other end of the campground.  Those buses are used to get Hoop Dee Doo Revue guests back to their resorts via the MK bus stops, and are only used as long as there are HDDR guests to transport.

Even if they were coming from another park and made it to the Outpost, there's no mention of the internal bus system.  The walking directions will never get them there.

Here's the boat directions:

cw%20directions%20boat_zpspj6ynk2x.png

These are a little better, because at least there is a boat.  But, again, there's no mention of the internal bus system.  I guess the instruction to turn left at Jack Rabbit Run is telling you to take the sidewalk across from the 800 loop entrance that passes next to site 617, but I'm not sure anyone unfamiliar with the Fort would understand that.

Amazing.

TCD

I wanted to share something that I found mildly interesting, and perhaps some of you will too.

Remember these Wilderness Lodge stickers that are on the back of the Food Truck?:

food%20truck%20stickers.2_zpsqttwow6x.jp

I was looking at this photo of one of the model rooms for the new Copper Creek Villas at Wilderness Lodge and noticed something familiar about that picture hanging there on the wall, on the other side of the bed:

copper-creek-studio-room_zpsp2izenpo.jpg

This is as far as I could zoom in on it:

copper%20creek%20room%20picture_zpsimquf

Some of those are definitely the same stickers as are on the Food Truck.  But, there are some new ones that aren't.

Here's the link to the original photo on the Disney site if you want to try and zoom in on it on your own:

copper-creek-studio-16x9.jpg

TCD

Contemporary styling doesn't really fit with the Wilderness Lodge theming, but I suppose it makes perfect sense to the clip board carrying millennials Disney hires to make such decisions.

On 3/20/2017 at 11:58 PM, LONE-STAR said:

Last Thursday the movie was over and we were the last to leave the campfire it was no where near 10 and the food truck was closed.  We were already down by the pool and there was a family lost looking for the food truck they said the app said it was open until 10. I told them it was already closed. They got mad at me

No one else mentioned this but it jumped out at me.

Why on Earth would they get mad at someone that was trying to help them??

Wouldn't the appropriate response be "Thank you for letting us know that before we wasted even more of our time"?

Is this yet another example of emotionally immature self-centered idiots that seem to be everywhere at the Fort these days?

Or just a tired stressed family that was having a bad moment?

I know which one I would guess....

2 minutes ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

Wouldn't the appropriate response be "Thank you for letting us know that before we wasted even more of our time"?

Is this yet another example of emotionally immature self-centered idiots that seem to be everywhere at the Fort these days?

That part jumped out at me, but I figured it was just option #1.  Lash out at anyone that ruins your "Magical Experience".

Within minutes they were probably on their phones calling customer service complaining that little Suzy and Bobby's vacations were ruined, and then onto 20 different Blog pages posting pictures of said upset kids #disneyruinedourmagic!!!

46 minutes ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

Good post.

That family had no business fussing at Lonestar, but I understand their frustration.  He said they were using the App.  They didn't know where the Food Truck was, so they were probably relying on the App for instructions- which are really bad.  They were probably hungry.  And, they were almost there, only to find out that the Food Truck closed early.  I wouldn't be a Happy Camper under those circumstances either.

TCD

That part jumped out at me, but I figured it was just option #1.  Lash out at anyone that ruins your "Magical Experience".

Within minutes they were probably on their phones calling customer service complaining that little Suzy and Bobby's vacations were ruined, and then onto 20 different Blog pages posting pictures of said upset kids #disneyruinedourmagic!!!

Probably demanding the house of mouse as well.

#IDealWithItEveryDay

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Good post.

That family had no business fussing at Lonestar, but I understand their frustration.  He said they were using the App.  They didn't know where the Food Truck was, so they were probably relying on the App for instructions- which are really bad.  They were probably hungry.  And, they were almost there, only to find out that the Food Truck closed early.  I wouldn't be a Happy Camper under those circumstances either.

TCD

I'm taking your feedback TCD to the team to get corrected.

25 minutes ago, DisneyVampire said:

I'm taking your feedback TCD to the team to get corrected.

A "team" worked on those directions?

Perhaps it would help if one of them would visit Fort Wilderness?

If the "team" gives you any feedback, I'd like to know where the river is where I'm supposed to turn left to get to the Food Truck.

13 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Hey TCD, maybe you'll get a paid gig at WDW !  

Or at least a 1/2 eaten Mickey Bar :lol:

I would agree to be in charge of the Fort in exchange for a permanent campsite and a 1% commission on the money I could make them by running the place properly.  The Fort would be great, and I'd be rich.

TCD

43 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

A "team" worked on those directions?

Perhaps it would help if one of them would visit Fort Wilderness?

If the "team" gives you any feedback, I'd like to know where the river is where I'm supposed to turn left to get to the Food Truck.

I would agree to be in charge of the Fort in exchange for a permanent campsite and a 1% commission on the money I could make them by running the place properly.  The Fort would be great, and I'd be rich.

TCD

Maybe they could give you a cabin somewhere, like a ranger cabin at a state campground.  They could put it on the River Country property, no one could bother you and you'd be close to the action.  Trim a few trees, and you could see the MK fireworks from the hot tub on your deck overlooking the lake!

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

Maybe they could give you a cabin somewhere, like a ranger cabin at a state campground.  They could put it on the River Country property, no one could bother you and you'd be close to the action.  Trim a few trees, and you could see the MK fireworks from the hot tub on your deck overlooking the lake!

I think they need to add in a cart and let him apply the rules in a fair and consistent manner. It'd be first for sure.