Wishes! to be replaced with new Happily Ever After show

43 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

For once, the Disney Parks Blog actually answered some questions about the new fireworks show.

1.  Tinkerbill will still fly in this new show:

Yes, I can confirm that Tinker Bell still flies in the new show.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 9, 2017 at 7:18 pm

2.  The fireworks portion of the new show will still be substantial:

The team designed the show so it could be enjoyed from everywhere “Wishes” is currently seen today. While projections and other special effects will make the in-park experience unique, guests watching from Magic Kingdom resorts, watercraft on Seven Seas Lagoon, etc., will still see a full show of fireworks accompanied by a musical score. Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 10, 2017 at 9:52 am

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/02/happily-ever-after-nighttime-spectacular-will-debut-at-magic-kingdom-park-may-12/

TCD

An ex-CM who works here in the office with me, and still has friends at WDW, confirms that the full show of fireworks will go on, because of Disney promises to guest experiences for "the Abomination" ( aka The Four Seasons),  and Golden Oaks, and other 'out of park' experiences that Disney provides.

I never thought about the Four Seasons or even the Swolphin angles.. but there may be promises out there in writing concerning the fireworks.   Interesting.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is all fine, but since Disney has now set a precedent by removing trees to improve the Tiana riverboat parade viewing, can they cut down all the trees on Discovery Island so I can see the firewor

I just hope they dont rely on the projections to tell the story. For me Wishes was awesome as the words, music, and fireworks all worked together to tell the story.

That's a really good point. The projection shows also cause a lot of congestion in the hub area, as guests want a clear view of the castle.  With Wishes, there were good and interesting viewing a

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

For once, the Disney Parks Blog actually answered some questions about the new fireworks show.

1.  Tinkerbill will still fly in this new show:

Yes, I can confirm that Tinker Bell still flies in the new show.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 9, 2017 at 7:18 pm

The team designed the show so it could be enjoyed from everywhere “Wishes” is currently seen today. While projections and other special effects will make the in-park experience unique, guests watching from Magic Kingdom resorts, watercraft on Seven Seas Lagoon, etc., will still see a full show of fireworks accompanied by a musical score. Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 10, 2017 at 9:52 am

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/02/happily-ever-after-nighttime-spectacular-will-debut-at-magic-kingdom-park-may-12/

TCD

That's all good to hear.

7 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

I'd expect Disney to be sure to keep the fireworks highly visible as I suspect they make a pretty good buck off the Fireworks Specialty Cruises on the pontoon boats. Can't say how well the desert cruise does but it would be ruined as well.

• 1 month later...

If you're not going to get a chance to see Wishes in person before it goes away in May, you can at least catch a live stream of it this week.

#DisneyParksLIVE Will Live Stream ‘Wishes’ on March 23 at 8:55 p.m.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

As we shared earlier this year, “Wishes” fireworks at Magic Kingdom Park will end its run on May 11 to make way for the brand-new nighttime spectacular, “Happily Ever After.”

We know that “Wishes” means a lot to Disney Parks Blog readers around the world, so we’re giving you a chance to watch it live on March 23, right here on the Disney Parks Blog. The #DisneyParksLIVE stream will begin at 8:55 p.m. on Thursday night. A fresh blog post will appear at the top of the blog on that day/time for viewing. We’ll kick off the broadcast with a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of “Wishes.” And don’t forget to stick around after the fireworks end – we’ll share an amazing update on the new “Happily Ever After” show with all of you!

Don’t forget, you can see “Wishes” yourself at Magic Kingdom Park now through May 11. “Happily Ever After” will debut at the park the following evening, on May 12.

To follow along on Twitter, use the hashtags #DisneyParksLIVE.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/03/disneyparkslive-will-live-stream-wishes-on-march-23-at-8-p-m/

The cast of Lemonade Mouth wasn't available? It may grow on me if I ever see the show as a whole, but that music seems kind of "pop-ish".

Sent from my handheld doohickie

Disney released another youtube video with a behind the scenes look at the making of Happily Ever After. 

One thing I find interesting from a tech and creative point of view and hadnt personally thought about, is the use of the scale model castle to test the projections to see how they play out before deplying to the park. In my mind I kind of figured the projection aspects were all being done in a digital format. Not just the creation but testing as well. 

10 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Disney released another youtube video with a behind the scenes look at the making of Happily Ever After. 

One thing I find interesting from a tech and creative point of view and hadnt personally thought about, is the use of the scale model castle to test the projections to see how they play out before deplying to the park. In my mind I kind of figured the projection aspects were all being done in a digital format. Not just the creation but testing as well. 

Thanks for sharing this, Jason.

I also didn't know about that castle model.  I wonder if we could somehow get one of those for Dave the Castle Guy?

TCD

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2017 at 9:24 AM, Momof6....aka Marty said:

At this point, Sarah and I are planning to drive down on 5/11 to see the last night of Wishes and then see the new show on the 12th and drive home on the thirteenth.  

Love it!!!!

(and if we were about 10 hours closer, we'd be joining you)

20 hours ago, Beckers said:

I think I heard it's 6 mins longer? That a pretty considerable increase in my opinion 

More fireworks = more better.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Nice job!

Did you see any TCD twins?  One of them was there. 

I was invited, but I didn't want to be in that mess.

TCD

No, didn't see either of the twins. It was PACKED, but everybody was really well behaved and considerate. A few had their kids on their shoulders but not many.