Wishes! to be replaced with new Happily Ever After show

19 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

No, didn't see either of the twins. It was PACKED, but everybody was really well behaved and considerate. A few had their kids on their shoulders but not many.

Yes, my daughter said it was all AP's and CM's around her. Very few small kids and families.  Lots and lots of tripods.  LOL.

She's going back to see the first performance of the new fireworks show tonight.  I'm sitting that out as well.

TCD

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is all fine, but since Disney has now set a precedent by removing trees to improve the Tiana riverboat parade viewing, can they cut down all the trees on Discovery Island so I can see the firewor

I just hope they dont rely on the projections to tell the story. For me Wishes was awesome as the words, music, and fireworks all worked together to tell the story.

That's a really good point. The projection shows also cause a lot of congestion in the hub area, as guests want a clear view of the castle.  With Wishes, there were good and interesting viewing a

14 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yes, my daughter said it was all AP's and CM's around her. Very few small kids and families.  Lots and lots of tripods.  LOL.

She's going back to see the first performance of the new fireworks show tonight.  I'm sitting that out as well.

TCD

We're heading over tonight as well. Hoping the new show at least equals Wishes.

t finished watching the Live stream and here are my thoughts. 

I just finished watching the live stream of the new show Happily Ever After. My initial thoughts? Its a technological masterpiece. The visual projections are stunning, the fireworks are beautiful, and the addition of the laser ans light certainly add to the show.

However its a show that to me doesn't have heart. The disjointed jumping from one soundtrack to another and cramming in as many projections of characters and scenes is distracting from the message I do think it was trying to send.

I could and still will listen to the soundtrack to Wishes over and over again. This has one song. Happily Ever After. And the version released is rock version stripped of all the wonderful orchestrations that gave the one used in the shows a depth this studio version will never have.

I know I will watch it at least once in person to get the whole experience but as of now its just a bunch of explosions. Fabulous fireworks but it didn't touch me. I wasn't moved.

11 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Jason, See it in person. We were right in front of the castle. All I can say is "Wow". I can see what you mean about heart, but in person it really grabs you. 

I do fully intend to. But think about this. Wishes was moving from the beach at the Fort. Or from the Poly Beach. Without the projections I dont hink people can connect to this in the same way. 

Just now, Helmsey......Todd said:

I wondered while watching the live stream how it would be watching offsite. Hopefully there will be some Fiends that will be able to report on this sooner than later :)

I will come June 6th if it doesnt happen sooner. I suspect sooner though.

3 minutes ago, Helmsey......Todd said:

I wondered while watching the live stream how it would be watching offsite. Hopefully there will be some Fiends that will be able to report on this sooner than later :)

We'll be at the Fort the first week of June without park passes.  It will be our only was to see the show for a while.

43 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I do fully intend to. But think about this. Wishes was moving from the beach at the Fort. Or from the Poly Beach. Without the projections I dont hink people can connect to this in the same way. 

That is a great point. It will definitely not be the same unless you are there. 

For those who got to see it I am jealous. We were there but stuck in Liberty Tree Tavern halfway through dinner. Our reservations should uave given us time to see it. However the service was very slow in our section and we spent almost 2 hours in there trying to get out. We tried to extend our stay a night to see t tomorrow night bit the fort is booked solid. Looks like we wont get to see it in person until November. :(

Just watched on YouTube.  I agree that overall the lasers added to the show.  But the castle projection show was awful.  It was garish and gaudy.  To take a beautiful building and turn it into that is just sinful.  Reminds me of the "cupcake" castle of many years ago.

But it was great that they got rid of the Anna and Elsa show!

54 minutes ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I didn't get to watch it. My cousin shared her thoughts on Facebook.

Wishes replacement = huge miss imo. ?

They forgot the key ingredient. "It was all started by a mouse." Yet Mickey never appeared.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Was Mickey in Wishes?

We got to see the last night of Wishes (staying in the 2100 Loop this trip) and are going to see the fireworks from Bay Lake Tower tonight. I'm not sure we will make it in to the park to catch the projections on this trip, but may....

11 minutes ago, lightbikes said:

I watched the link above - not impressed, nothing very "Walt" about it  - but I was a Wishes fan.  Maybe I missed it but I didn't see Tinkerbell???

She is in it towards the end when they go into the You Can Fly melody. 

Was Mickey in Wishes?

More of my cousin's thoughts with her permission to share.

Part of Wishes was the Sorcerer's Apprentice which is Mickey. Mickey and Walt were also shown in the projection show before Wishes..

I agree, the tech was cool, but no clear story despite what the designer claimed before the broadcast. Too many pop versions of movie themes. Go the Distance is a great song, why popify it? I also don't like the new song very much.

The projections were overly busy and focused on the least popular movies from the last 25 years(hunchback, tarzan, Brave). And the bread and butter classics, got maybe 1-2 minutes of the whole thing, mostly right at the end.

All my opinion, and I do know lots of people liked it. I just felt like in total, the show was over-engineered with no heart. I'm not against replacing Wishes at all, but this show didn't grab me. No teary eyed moments.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OK, I admit - while viewing the show from Bay Lake Tower looses the perspective of being on the ground in front of the castle, you still get a great view.

I wasn't drinking yet, so I can't blame alcohol - but the "story" was difficult to follow, and that was with good sound on the observation deck with a decent volume. I doubt many down on Main Street will be able to follow it in the crowd. 

I totally missed Tink flying and prefer that as the start of the show....

On May 13, 2017 at 8:19 PM, Katman1356...Jason said:

She is in it towards the end when they go into the You Can Fly melody. 

Thank you Jason - watched it again and finally saw Tinkerbell.   My second viewing wasn't much more enjoyable than the first

13 hours ago, tim5055 said:

I wasn't drinking yet, so I can't blame alcohol - but the "story" was difficult to follow, and that was with good sound on the observation deck with a decent volume. I doubt many down on Main Street will be able to follow it in the crowd. 

I totally missed Tink flying and prefer that as the start of the show....

I wasn't drinking yet either but agree the story is virtually non-existant.    I still find if very frenetic, almost choppy to view.  It's like they tried to cram in clips from every current movie - whether they belonged together or not.  The fireworks are spectacular as always but the whole thing is just to busy for me.

And I too prefer Tink flying at the beginning, not the end.

On May 12, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Sitting it out?  Says the guy that is hitting Pandora on opening weekend!

10 hours ago, Travisma said:

Sitting it out?  Says the guy that is hitting Pandora on opening weekend!

I just sat out opening night.  I was there on Saturday night to see it in person.  It was a bigger madhouse than Friday night was, according to Twin #1 who was there both nights.

I like the new show. I agree that Wishes was better.  I also agree that they have crammed too much into the projections part of the show. It's almost funny to see all of the animated characters that pop up, some seem really random.  Like when Lightning McQueen and the new Car from Cars 3 pop up during a song from the movie Brave.  Weird.

My biggest concern/criticism is how much this new show relies on the projections to tell the story.  That means you need a clear view of the castle to experience it properly.  And, that is no easy thing to do.

For my first viewing, we tried out one of our favorite spots in the old FP viewing area in front of Casey's Corner.  Standing in the back of that area always was good for Wishes.  It's not so good for HEA because parents everywhere hoist their kids up on their shoulders so the kids can see the castle projections.  That makes it really hard for all of the guests behind these inconsiderate dolts to see the lower parts of the castle.  This was our view- it was good- but you can see all of the little heads blocking out the lower part of the castle.  BTW, that little blob over to the right is Tinkerbill:

HEA_zpsisiilnes.jpg

There are a couple of other spots that I will be trying out that I think will work better than where we were.

TCD