Wishes! to be replaced with new Happily Ever After show

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is all fine, but since Disney has now set a precedent by removing trees to improve the Tiana riverboat parade viewing, can they cut down all the trees on Discovery Island so I can see the firewor

I just hope they dont rely on the projections to tell the story. For me Wishes was awesome as the words, music, and fireworks all worked together to tell the story.

That's a really good point. The projection shows also cause a lot of congestion in the hub area, as guests want a clear view of the castle.  With Wishes, there were good and interesting viewing a

The Weekend section of today's Tampa Bay Times has a lot of information about new things being rolled out at Florida's theme parks this summer.  The Tampa Bay Times claims to be the #1 newspaper in Florida, and one of the top 25 in the nation.

Here's a photo of one of the pages in the Weekend section:

tbt_zpsce4uzreb.jpg

Check out this Insider Tip about snagging Fastpasses to watch Happily Ever After:

tbt2_zpstyupqopd.jpg

Seriously?

The Tampa Bay Times claims a circulation of over 300K.  Let's say two or three people read each of those newspapers.  That's close to a million folks who will be looking for Fastpasses that don't exist.  And even if they did, they wouldn't be easy to get.  Back when they did have FP+ for Wishes, those were almost always gone at 30 days out.

TCD

We caught the new Happily Ever After fireworks twice over the past weekend.

On Sunday night, we watched from the Fort, where they were hosting a Memorial Day Beach Party.  Something went wrong and there was no audio.  This show is a lot longer than Wishes, and there are long lags between the fireworks while they are showing projections or using the lasers and spotlights.  The saddest part was that the college kids running the party thought the fireworks were over when there was merely a gap, and went ahead and turned up the lights and cranked a Bruno Mars song before the big finale.  Over half the guests were packing up and leaving the beach before the show was over.  FAIL.

On Monday night, we tried a new spot in the hub at the MK.  It ended up being great.  I really like the show when you can clearly see all the elements of it and hear the music.  It's not as much of a mess as I initially thought and is actually very well thought out and composed.

Sorry, I'm not going to post where my new spot is.  I'll be happy to tell you if I see you, but I'm not going to post it on-line for others to snag.

TCD

6 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

We caught the new Happily Ever After fireworks twice over the past weekend.

On Sunday night, we watched from the Fort, where they were hosting a Memorial Day Beach Party.  Something went wrong and there was no audio.  This show is a lot longer than Wishes, and there are long lags between the fireworks while they are showing projections or using the lasers and spotlights.  The saddest part was that the college kids running the party thought the fireworks were over when there was merely a gap, and went ahead and turned up the lights and cranked a Bruno Mars song before the big finale.  Over half the guests were packing up and leaving the beach before the show was over.  FAIL.

On Monday night, we tried a new spot in the hub at the MK.  It ended up being great.  I really like the show when you can clearly see all the elements of it and hear the music.  It's not as much of a mess as I initially thought and is actually very well thought out and composed.

Sorry, I'm not going to post where my new spot is.  I'll be happy to tell you if I see you, but I'm not going to post it on-line for others to snag.

TCD

Sorry, I'm not going to post where my new spot is.  I'll be happy to tell you if I see you, but I'm not going to post it on-line for others to snagfor the Mommy Bloggers to repost, tweet, Instagram, FB, email, Skype, YouTube, phone call tree, and take claim for it!

TCD

Fixed it for you