• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think everyone is missing the big chance here for Disney to up the thrill experience, I see the future in the addition of the Official Disney Bungee experience and Dessert party

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportation/walt-disney-world-gondola-system/news/15feb2017-is-the-walt-disney-world-gondola-system-about-to-become-a-reality-.htm  

This is precisely why gondolas are a horrible idea.  Many years ago my family and I were riding this very gondola and a giant ape attacked us.  I seem to remember it being located in central Florida,

6 hours ago, DisneyVampire said:

As for the Caribbean, roughly about 35% - 40% of the buildings are being reconstructed. All restaurants including the grab and go, Shutters, and part of the gift shop.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting that, when I was looking at the drawings they had the entire food building circled and a vague demo note but I wasn't sure to what scale.

My personal opinion CB needs the renovation.  I wonder if they'll move check in for the non DVC side over to the food court building?  That would make a lot of sense to me and separate the DVC portion.

WBI

Thanks for posting that, when I was looking at the drawings they had the entire food building circled and a vague demo note but I wasn't sure to what scale.

My personal opinion CB needs the renovation.  I wonder if they'll move check in for the non DVC side over to the food court building?  That would make a lot of sense to me and separate the DVC portion.

WBI

If I remember right, they are going to keep most of the DVC and regular check in around the same area like the other resorts. To keep the flow constant with what is already in place. Just one side of the resort is DVC and the other regular guests.

On 2/15/2017 at 10:54 AM, ImDownWithDisney said:

If this gets built I can't see it working very well unless they are strict about loading and unloading. The gondolas will have a limited amount of time for people to get in and out while detached from the cable at the bullwheel. If people are folding strollers or on a scooter and take too long the cable would have to be shutdown.

I saw that, and also Hollywood Studios

8 hours ago, DisneyVampire said:

Okay devil's advocate.... what about our lovely 3pm thunderstorms etc. Wouldn't they have to shut them down during those?

Even if they have to shut down for an afternoon thunderstorm they usually don't last that long and just like the MK resorts they'll have buses standing by. 

I remember the times when they had a gondola ride in the MK.  It was frequently shut down because of high winds.  And, of course, they had problems with idiots throwing stuff down from the gondolas.  I guess the new design fixes both of these issues.

Between people throwing, attempting to jump during grad nights, or weather related it was often stopped and the reason it was taken down.

This is one reason why I think this is a false rumor. However, I'm in the research now to find out.

29 minutes ago, DisneyVampire said:

Between people throwing, attempting to jump during grad nights, or weather related it was often stopped and the reason it was taken down.

This is one reason why I think this is a false rumor. However, I'm in the research now to find out.

The one in NYC is fully enclosed.  

If they copy their gondola there it shouldn't be a problem. 

I agree that they would have to be enclosed. The larger gondola systems can operate in pretty high winds due to the cabling system design.

I wonder what the cost to operate vs the bus system would be.

The other odd thing is why not have a drop of point over by the monorail. That way the resorts would need even less buses.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Probably because the monorail seems to be a hot mess of problems in the past. 

Someone posted earlier that I think they could potentially move equal to 50 bus loads an hour? That's a lot of CM's they won't have to pay. I'm sure this will cost a ton but the flip side of how many people they won't have to employ is huge (and crappy for the drivers!). I'm assuming the gondolas are unmanned?

I think everyone is missing the big chance here for Disney to up the thrill experience, I see the future in the addition of the Official Disney Bungee experience and Dessert party :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

I think everyone is missing the big chance here for Disney to up the thrill experience, I see the future in the addition of the Official Disney Bungee experience and Dessert party :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:

Anything that reduces the number of buses is a good thing IMHO.  Buses are for cities, not so much for Walt Disney World.

My guess is that it is all about the bean-counters, not the "guest experience" but maybe this is one of those times when the two are the same.

And it's sad when they have to plan a new ride around the Lowest Common Denominator and treat guests as though they are ALL walking liabilities.

How about treating people like adults and when those few non-adults misbehave, punish them severely and publicly as a deterrent to other non-adults....

1 hour ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Anything that reduces the number of buses is a good thing IMHO.  Buses are for cities, not so much for Walt Disney World.

My guess is that it is all about the bean-counters, not the "guest experience" but maybe this is one of those times when the two are the same.

And it's sad when they have to plan a new ride around the Lowest Common Denominator and treat guests as though they are ALL walking liabilities.

How about treating people like adults and when those few non-adults misbehave, punish them severely and publicly as a deterrent to other non-adults....

In this day and age of sue everybody for anything considering your customers and liabilities can be prudent.

You could always tie the punishment into the attractions. Flogging and keelhauling at Pirates of the Caribbean, having to sit through Stitch's Great Escape for a full day, in Frontierland it could be dragged behind a horse. :lol:

6 minutes ago, keith_h said:

In this day and age of sue everybody for anything considering your customers and liabilities can be prudent.

You could always tie the punishment into the attractions. Flogging and keelhauling at Pirates of the Caribbean, having to sit through Stitch's Great Escape for a full day, in Frontierland it could be dragged behind a horse. :lol:

Ha!  I'd be in favor of all of that!  Although sitting thru Stitch all day would qualify as Cruel and Unusual Punishment.... ;)