Caribbean Beach & Coronado Springs Expansion

Sorry I didn't share this sooner. Been a little bit busy and it fell off the list of things to do. 

This is what Disney finally posted on the TA site about this. 

In an effort to continually improve the Guest experience, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. We recently announced exciting changes that will be made at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort at Walt Disney World® Resort beginning May 1, 2017-June 30, 2018.

During this time, Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Banana Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post will be closed for refurbishment. There will be a variety of dining options available to your Clients for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Centertown, a dining location, will serve a Caribbean-style buffet for breakfast and a la carte offerings for dinner. A selection of grab-and-go meals will be conveniently available for purchase throughout the day in three island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the Resort.

Our in-room dining will remain available. The menu includes pizza, sandwiches and pasta. Disney Dining Plans will be accepted for these offerings and dining locations will make every effort to assist with dietary needs. Please note that your Clients will still be able to make a splash at our feature pool—Fuentes del Morro—or at one of our leisure pools during their stay.

As a token of our gratitude, upon arrival to the Resort, your Clients will be receiving a $75 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of their stay. If your Clients were previously offered a $25 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of their stay, this will replace that offer. This gift card can be used at participating Walt Disney World Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations, Disney Store locations in the United States, DisneyStore.com and MyDisneyPhotoPass.com. For complete terms and conditions please visit DisneyGiftCard.com.

If your Clients would prefer to move to a different Disney Resort hotel, we will be offering Disney’s Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground at no extra cost. The option to move to one of these hotels is subject to availability. Guests who want to move to any other Deluxe Resort will be charged the appropriate room upgrade. Please note the $75 per room per night Disney Gift Card will not be offered to Guests who move to another hotel.

Just now, Tri-Circle-D said:

Who qualifies for the free move offer?

Can I book a room at Caribbean Beach now, and then in a couple of weeks ask to be swapped to a cabin at the Fort for no additional charge?

TCD

My understanding is the move only is available to those who were booked before the construction was announced. 

18 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

My understanding is the move only is available to those who were booked before the construction was announced. 

Makes sense.

That would be a big loophole for them to leave open.

I wish them luck with their bookings, and I feel sorry for the guests who will be staying at a construction site.

TCD

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Makes sense.

That would be a big loophole for them to leave open.

I wish them luck with their bookings, and I feel sorry for the guests who will be staying at a construction site.

TCD

I have seen lots of people jumping to Caribbean beach for that gift card. 

Not sure whether I would or not. 

32 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I have seen lots of people jumping to Caribbean beach for that gift card. 

Not sure whether I would or not. 

$75 would make me consider it a lot more than $25 would.

They say the construction will only be going on during the day.  So, if you are going to be in the parks all day, and you could get a good deal on the room rate to begin with, it might be worth it.

TCD

That place had the feel of an overgrown 1980's Broward County apartment complex even before the construction.  No thanks.  It's one thing to save a few bucks when you need a hotel because you are touring a college, or have to go visit some in-laws.  But when you are using your hard earned vacation time at Disney, it's not worth it....IMO.  

7 minutes ago, Beckers said:

But why? It would be cheaper to stay value (unless you have 5) people.

If they really want a moderate though this is a way to have the queen size beds and larger rooms at a cheaper price point than the other mods. And this $75 is supposedly on top of any discounts offered. 

11 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

If they really want a moderate though this is a way to have the queen size beds and larger rooms at a cheaper price point than the other mods. And this $75 is supposedly on top of any discounts offered. 

Did they raise it to $75/ room?  Or was that a simple typo?

1 minute ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

They had started at $75. Then dropped it to $25. Then went back to what I just shared and that was the fist time they put something in writing for the TAs

For $75/ night I would consider staying there.  Usually breakfast is the only meal we at the resort.  And we can always go to the swimming pool at the fort.