So I have really not posted here that much but thought this was kinda cool experience my family just had.  

To set the stage for this, I have a 19 year old son who is recently married (October) and his wife has never been to Disney.  There was lots of discussion about honeymoon at Disney however they chose to go to Hawaii.  My son was really torn between the two as we have been going to the Fort pretty regular and he knew that between the wedding and honeymoon we likely would not be doing our annual Christmas trip to Disney.  So he did the trip to Hawaii and it rained the entire time, to say the least all we heard about was "We should have gone to Disney".  Fast forward to today, his plan to join the Air Force was expedited as the job he was after became available about 10 months sooner than anticipated.  Our plan originally was a trip to the Fort and Disney later this year.  When the job became available his ship date moved from January 2018 to March  2017.  In short my oldest was excited to get the job he wanted and disappointed as he new Disney just slipped away again.  He even made a comment, man two years without Disney, that's just not right.  To close up the these details, my daughter in-law has never been to any Disney parks, next oldest son 17, and daughter 14 have been to Disney several times and all but one trip included staying at the Fort.  

So two days ago, sitting around the breakfast table (Me, My Wife, Daughter in-law, and Daughter) we were mapping out what this years travel plans looked like with one son joining the military and one graduating high school (Dads very proud of both).  To say the least, with me being the only male present, the ideas were flighing left and right and my ideas were put on the "well maybe" column, I've been around long enough to no what that meant.

All of sudden it hits them, hey lets suprise my oldest and go to Disney!!!!  And I say, are you kidding, it's the end of February and you want to plan a trip to Disney with less than 30 days.  And the reply was, sure what's the problem, load up the RV and lets go.  So frantically I get online and as expected, no campsites available.  I started calling and working anyway I could figure to make it happen to no avail.  So for all you Fortfiends you should like this part.  

I return from my quite area of phone calls and Internet browsing with the good and bad news.  

Good News:  I got us into a Disney property and we have park hopper tickets for the stay.  ( I'm happy, I thought I'd done a good job, as a reminder I'm the only male present so I should probably just stop thinking because I'm probably wrong)

Bad News:  We are not staying at the Fort.

14 year old daughter reaction:    (If it were possible TIRE's would have been screeching) she says beep beep back up the truck, what do you mean we're not staying at the Fort!!!!!!!!!  (Younger female getting her point across). Pretty much her only memories of Disney are staying in the RV at the Fort.  That and the first trip when she was 5 or dad lost her teara, I still here about it to this day.

Wife's reaction:  you need to see what you can do!!!!!!!!! (Older female getting her point across)  again I've been around long enough to know the following

My reaction:  Should I run or maybe if I don't say anything they won't pounce.

So in short I had exhausted my resources and we have to settle with staying at the All-Star Music Resort.  We are doing this as a supprise for the two boys but My daughters final statement:

"I'm happy we're going and it will be fun but If we're not staying at the Fort Wilderness in the RV then 5 % of the Magic is Gone"

My wife and I have always hoped that something would always be thought of as a family tradition and apparently spending time with the family at Fort Wilderness and Disney is just that:rolleyes:.

PS..  If anyone knows how to make this happen at the Fort from March 16th-21st I would gladly take any advice.

I'd like to thank everyone for the quick responses however I have found someone that is going to take a look and see what he can do.  Jason is the guy's name and says he's going to take a look later today.B)

Mouseketab,

We are in Madison and have seen your trailer around here and at Disney just never seen you but I like your trailer.  Me and my oldest are building him a teardrop.  His date moving up has put a time crunch on getting it done.

1 minute ago, Schrablefield said:

I'd like to thank everyone for the quick responses however I have found someone that is going to take a look and see what he can do.  Jason is the guy's name and says he's going to take a look later today.B)

Mouseketab,

We are in Madison and have seen your trailer around here and at Disney just never seen you but I like your trailer.  Me and my oldest are building him a teardrop.  His date moving up has put a time crunch on getting it done.

Enjoy the teardrop!! That takes some skill I don't have, that's why I bought mine

32 minutes ago, Schrablefield said:

JASON!  who's that?  :lol:

Sometimes to get the dates you want, you have to expand your date range to include the dates you want and then book, then cancel the days you don't want. It's getting harder and harder to book just a long weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Cue the A-Team music......I had been looking on the WDW site for a month to get 5 days in a row during April before Easter.  I finally found a way to string together 3 site types to make it happen last Thursday and I frantically emailed Jason to lock them down.  Within 3 minutes he shot me a confirmation page with the DAYS I WANTED in the first place WITH ONLY ONE SITE TYPE AND NO MOVES! Said he could have gotten them all along!

If B.A. Baracus would have busted out of my linen closet, I wouldn't have been more surprised.

29 minutes ago, PGHFiend said:

Cue the A-Team music......I had been looking on the WDW site for a month to get 5 days in a row during April before Easter.  I finally found a way to string together 3 site types to make it happen last Thursday and I frantically emailed Jason to lock them down.  Within 3 minutes he shot me a confirmation page with the DAYS I WANTED in the first place WITH ONLY ONE SITE TYPE AND NO MOVES! Said he could have gotten them all along!

If B.A. Baracus would have busted out of my linen closet, I wouldn't have been more surprised.

I dont know about all along but they were there when I looked. 

As for the original poster I am checking but so far no luck. I have in no way given up though. 

11 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I dont know about all along but they were there when I looked. 

As for the original poster I am checking but so far no luck. I have in no way given up though. 

Fingers crossed!  Hopefully the days open up for him....

Mouseketab,

Yeah I see that Mouseketab camper around Madison too. I'm trying to convince myself I am not a stalker.

c286ceb3705432ea7a4d4e51aea37df4.jpg

I actually live in Harvest.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk