First time staying at the fort booked for the end of March, just had an email today saying our magic bands have been shipped. Seems real now, we've done a couple of days  at the Disney parks before, but this will be the first time staying at the fort. 

Only doing three days this time to see how it goes. Last time we went tent camping was  in England before we moved to Florida so this will be quite different.  Managed to get a few more bits of equipment in the sales, so pretty much set  other than needing to replace the sleeping mat we thew out when we moved.   Don't think we'll be doing much cooking, beyond making tea and coffee. We have reservations for most meals as long as things go to plan.

I've been lurking here for a week or so and the site has been very useful. Decided it was about time I said hello.

4 minutes ago, slices said:

First time staying at the fort booked for the end of March, just had an email today saying our magic bands have been shipped. Seems real now, we've done a couple of days  at the Disney parks before, but this will be the first time staying at the fort. 

Only doing three days this time to see how it goes. Last time we went tent camping was  in England before we moved to Florida so this will be quite different.  Managed to get a few more bits of equipment in the sales, so pretty much set  other than needing to replace the sleeping mat we thew out when we moved.   Don't think we'll be doing much cooking, beyond making tea and coffee. We have reservations for most meals as long as things go to plan.

I've been lurking here for a week or so and the site has been very useful. Decided it was about time I said hello.

Howdy!! Welcome to the fun!! B)

On 2/22/2017 at 0:23 PM, PGHFiend said:

Welcome. 

I predict you will attempting to extend your stay...I can never leave after 5-7 let alone 2 days. 

Good Luck!

Just added an extra day, we kept it short due to  family commitments when we booked, so  things have changed a bit now.

On 3/2/2017 at 6:14 PM, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Taking a cool shower before sleep helps to cool your body and staying a little damp does too.

Just the opposite for cold weather when a hot shower helps to stay warm. 

Have fun.

What taking a good shower before bed mainly does is get all of the sweat off of you from the day. In the winter especially, the damp sweat will actually make you colder. And yes, in the summer getting the sticky off before sleep just feels better.

Open your windows a little bit at night, to help airflow, and open them wide and run a fan during the day to dry things out. We are human moisture makers when sleeping.

20 hours ago, Travisma said:

If the camping fans are battery powered pass on them.  Motors kill batteries real quick.

Second that. Never use batteries when electricity is available.

Walmart sells the inexpensive Box-style 3-speed window fans that are powerful and quiet. I would get a couple of those and put one blowing in and one blowing out on opposite sides. I have used bungie cords to keep them from tipping over, or even to hang them from above.

Even if you don't have room to take them home, it would be a cheap way to make sure you can sleep well each night.

Besides, if you do buy them it will almost guarantee that the nights will be chilly.... so either way, cheap insurance....   :lol:

I actually have a couple of dual powered fans we use for camping or when we have power outages. The run off of a wall wart or 6, D batteries. The one we have are pretty efficient and the batteries will last us a season or two of mixed use. Overall battery time I would estimate to be 4-6 per day for 2 weeks (based on our cumulative weekend use). Of course we usually have electricity so we use the wall wart.