Preferred Loop - 35' deep slide TT - which loop?

We have a preferred campsite booked for mid October, and do not have availability to upgrade to premium sites.  We have a 35' TT with one deep slide.  Will we have issues fitting with chevy 2500 and golf cart?  Which loop should we request, or is there anything else we should request?

I have seen some loop videos and nervous of fitting, and wonder how they assign the sites.  Some of the sites within the loops seem like we would struggle to fit the camper let alone truck and golf cart too.

Welcome!

Honestly, you will have issues with that long of a trailer in many of the preferred sites.  People can and have fit longer trailers in those sites, but you asked if you will have issues, and the answer is yes, you could.

You say your are coming in mid-October. That's still a ways off, and I wouldn't say that upgrading to a premium site is an impossibility. An experienced travel agent can help you with that.  I'd shoot [email protected] an email and ask him to check on your dates.  Using a travel agent will not cost you anything extra- Disney pays them a commission.  They can do things with dates and reservations that you can't.

TCD

16 hours ago, bdev13 said:

Thanks... I go through internal site for CM so not sure premiums will come available to me but I will keep trying.   we had planned on going in Sept but a family wedding pushed our dates a month out.  We initially had a premium booked in Sept.

Gotcha.  At least you're getting a great deal on the campsite!

If you have to stay with a preferred site, your best bet it to make sure it is noted on your reservation that you have a 35' trailer and a truck to park on the site.  I'd suggest the 200 loop.  The 300 loop is very tight.  Even though it will be more challenging than a premium site, there are plenty of sties that you will fit in.  If things are too crowded for the truck and golf cart, you are welcome to park the truck in the overflow lot up at the Outpost.

Don't worry about it too much.  There are plenty of folks with longer trailers than yours who fit into the preferred sites.  For example, here's a post from a Fiend who often parks his 42' 5th wheel in preferred sites:

TCD

I think for a trailer your size you can fit in some of the sites in the 100 loop very easily, especially 105, followed by 108, 109 and 114.  These are all long and easy to back into.  However, site 112 is the worst site I've ever experienced and you will never get into that.  

On the whole, the sites in the 200 loop are shorter and more difficult to back into than the sites listed above.  Sites 216 and 218 would work for you though, and possibly 210 and 212.  

I stay in the preferred sites a lot (also using the CM rates) and see larger campers fit into the sites I mentioned, while seeing others give up trying to get into the smaller sites.  Best bet is to fax in a site request about a week or so before arrival listing the specific site numbers and explaining your issue.  You should be fine.

Download the Fortfiends app and take a look at the dimensions for the sites I mentioned.  I think you'll see why they are good for you, especially sites 105, 108 and 109.

Hope this helps.

Doug

Djs pretty much nailed it.  Look at the app and any aerial view of the fort.  Make the notes and order of preference and let the desk know what could work for you.

There are no guarantees, but it will help when you check in.  Also, I would check in onsite so you can negotiate if needed.

We stayed in the 100 loop with a 40 Scepter and made it on the first shot.  My DD and family had about a 38' TT and they were fine.  

We had 121 and 122.

I guess it depends on your expertise when backing up.  I've seen plenty of CDL drivers who know what forward is but can't back up worth a dam..... Had to commandeer a few big rigs on my farm when the drivers where useless.  

Narrow down your choices and stick to it.