Premium Loop Suggestion for 1st Timers w/small children and TT

Hi!  I just came across this forum which seems really helpful.  We just booked our first trip to FW for Oct. 9-17.  This will be our second time going to WDW and first time staying at a Disney Resort (we stayed off site last time).  We have a hybrid TT and decided to book a premium site so that we can have some extra room for the kids to play and hopefully some additional privacy. 

Based on what I've been able to research so far, it appears that 1400 is a loop suggested for families due to proximity to the amenities, but seems very popular.  My kids will be 8, 6, 3, and 11 months at the time of travel.  We will most probably be renting a golf cart on the days that we will be at the resort, but wanting to to get some more input on other loops.  I'm leaning toward 1200/1300 loop which appears to be close enough to walk, but far enough to not be super busy.  For those who have stayed there before, are there certain sites within the loop that you would recommend?  I am sensitive to noise and would prefer not being close to walking paths or bus stops/foot traffic.  We don't necessarily need to be close to the CS either as we will have everything in our TT. 

On the map, it appears that there are some lots that backup to a lot of vegetation, but closer to the canal.  What are those numbers?  I can't seem to find a map with the numbered sites to get a better idea of how the numbering of the sites works.  I did download the app (which is incredibly helpful as I'm a visual person), but would still like to have any input from seasoned campers :)  I guess I should also add that we will only be going to two parks and one night to the Halloween Party at MK.  We would also like to go to the beach for one day of our trip, pending weather.  Thanks!

Welcome. 

You have already narrowed in on some good loops for families.  1200, 1300 or 1400 are all good choices.  The campsites in the loops are numbered in sequence, rather than odd numbers on one side and even on the other.  Rather than trying for a specific site, a better strategy would be to ask for a site in a certain area of the loops.  With young children, you don't want a major road or a canal behind your site.  I would ask for an inside site on one of those loops, making sure to note that you have young children and do not want to back up to a canal or road.  That ought to do the trick.

Good luck, and have a great trip!

TCD

Welcome.

You can hear road noise from the buses pretty much in any site.

We like the 1300 loop but with small children you probably do not want a site that backs up to the canal. The sites that back up to the canal are 1314, 1316, 1318, 1321 and kind of 1322. 1308 and 1310 backup pretty close to the road. The remaining sites are about as far away as you would get as the Fort goes. The sites closest to the Meadows Trading Post area and campfire are 1324 - 1334 (inside and outside loop sites). However the loop isn't huge so being at one or the other isn't much of a difference walking wise. A warning about the 1300 and 1200 loops. They are pretty close to the pool area which has a pool party most of the afternoon. This goes on until around dinner time. It can be quite loud with the music and announcements. It is no big deal to us but if you are bothered by loud sounds it is something to consider.

We've never stayed in the 1200 loop but consider it our backup loop.

Here  are some links to the site loop videos and Google earth of the campsites. Scroll down a page or two to find the information:

http://www.fortfiends.net/index.html/accomodations/loop-information/videos-of-all-camping-loopssites-r263/

http://www.fortfiends.net/index.html/accomodations/loop-information/fort-wilderness-site-maps-in-googleearth-r312/

• 2 months later...

In 2014 we stayed on site 1106 and enjoyed it. We had no neighbors behind us and did not back up to the canal. At the entrance to the loop is the Orange bus stop and across the road is a playground and it is only a short walk to the Meadow Trading Post and pool.