Bus Transportation Discontinued to Blizzard Beach from AK Lodge

This was just released, here are the details.  

http://www.chipandco.com/bus-transportation-blizzard-beach-discontinued-animal-kingdom-lodge-260732/

Guests staying at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge will need to allow a little extra time for bus transportation to Disney’s Blizzard Beach. Bus transportation from the resort to Blizzard Beach has recently been discontinued. Guests staying at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge will now need to catch a bus to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park and then take a transfer bus to Blizzard Beach.

There are now only four resorts left providing transportation directly to Blizzard Beach The remaining resorts offering bus transportation are Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort and the Disney’s All-Star Music, Movies and Sports Resorts.

article credit: chipandco.com

Due to recent snowfall.  Busses will be on a 2 hour delay tomorrow morning.  

39 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I think you have to go to AK, then transfer to BB.

I think that's correct.

I also have some recollection that they were requiring guests going to Typhoon Lagoon to take a bus to Disney Springs and transfer there.  Typhoon Lagoon is closed right now for refurbishment, so I don't know if that was some kind of temporary thing.   I also think it was only during certain hours.

It stinks for guests going to and from the water parks.

TCD

Why would one want to go to a water park from a theme park or vice versa?  When we used to go to the water parks, we would bring towels and a bag full of other assorted things like hats, bathing suits, sun screen, etc. Most folks visiting the parks are not going to want to carry all of that crap around in a theme park, then suddenly dash over to a water park...

I would think that most folks are gonna be coming from or going to a water park from a resort.  Am I missing something here?

22 minutes ago, Duane said:

Why would one want to go to a water park from a theme park or vice versa?  When we used to go to the water parks, we would bring towels and a bag full of other assorted things like hats, bathing suits, sun screen, etc. Most folks visiting the parks are not going to want to carry all of that crap around in a theme park, then suddenly dash over to a water park...

I would think that most folks are gonna be coming from or going to a water park from a resort.  Am I missing something here?

Yes, you're missing the point of this change.

It's not for the convenience of the guest, it's to save Disney a couple of bucks by not having to run a bus from every resort to Blizzard Beach.

More profit for Disney.  That's what's important.

TCD