• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just received my confirmation email from WDW.. it looks like 1:00.... I don't expect it to happen being spring break ... but I thought I would share Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check in is still 1pm, or whenever the site is ready. The IT department messed up the website.

Haha! I was waiting for that one.. but I figured my inbox number was going to be the first comment [emoji23]. Welcome to my life [emoji31] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

Yeah, when they first set up the online checkin software, somebody actually wrote some code specific to the campsites.

They recently upgraded the online checking software. Was the code specific to the campsites left in, or recoded...... of course not!!!

34 minutes ago, Roberta said:

What time did it used to be? We got there about noonish and they had our site ready. 

I just wish the check out time wasn't so early. Around 1:00 pm is much more reasonable, especially if they are going to keep 3:00 check in. 

Check in is still 1pm, or whenever the site is ready. The IT department messed up the website.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:25 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I am not so sure that this is an IT error.

I have an upcoming reservation for a campsite, and the reservation confirmation specifically says that check-in is after 3 pm.

It's not just a glitch on the on-line check in system- it's also on the actual reservation confirmation.

TCD

14 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I am not so sure that this is an IT error.

I have an upcoming reservation for a campsite, and the reservation confirmation specifically says that check-in is after 3 pm.

It's not just a glitch on the on-line check in system- it's also on the actual reservation confirmation.

TCD

Yep and IT programs the system that creates the reservation confirmations.... They changed something in the system that made the campground default back to the "hotel basic", and nobody bothered to go in and code the campground specific stuff.

5 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Yep and IT programs the system that creates the reservation confirmations.... They changed something in the system that made the campground default back to the "hotel basic", and nobody bothered to go in and code the campground specific stuff.

But that on-line check in mess-up happened months ago. 

This change in the check-in time just showed up.

Like I said, I'm not convinced it's an error.  The idiots in charge may have intentionally changed the check-in time.

TCD

1 minute ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

But that on-line check in mess-up happened months ago. 

This change in the check-in time just showed up.

Like I said, I'm not convinced it's an error.  The idiots in charge may have intentionally changed the check-in time.

TCD

Possible, but that's not going to change reality. Site are going to be ready when they get ready. Check out is still at 11. The site cleaners start work about 8:30 - 9:00 and when they finish their sites, they are going to radio in that they are ready. If it's a light check out day for that cleaner, those sites will be ready early. If it's a heavy checkout day for that cleaner, then it's going to be much later. I've checked in on heavy checkout days and didn't get my text till after 4pm (or never), and had to go back to the front desk and ask about my site.

5 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Possible, but that's not going to change reality. Site are going to be ready when they get ready. Check out is still at 11. The site cleaners start work about 8:30 - 9:00 and when they finish their sites, they are going to radio in that they are ready. If it's a light check out day for that cleaner, those sites will be ready early. If it's a heavy checkout day for that cleaner, then it's going to be much later. I've checked in on heavy checkout days and didn't get my text till after 4pm (or never), and had to go back to the front desk and ask about my site.

I am not as optimistic as you that a later check-in time isn't going to change anything. Maybe to save payroll, they won't have the site cleaners start until after 11, or maybe fire a couple of the site cleaners and give the remaining ones more sites to clean? 

More often than not, I've checked in before 1 pm, and my site has been ready.  But, if the official check-in time has been moved back 2 hours, I imagine that the number of sites ready to go early will also be pushed back.

I hope it's an error, but I am beginning to suspect it's not.

Of course, there's no use calling the "front desk" to check, as the folks answering the phone are likely going to pull up the 3 pm time on the website and repeat that.

TCD

That sounds like something they would do.  

Before you were getting a 22 hour day on a site if you got in and out at the "official" times.

Now you are going to get a 20 hour day.

And I doubt they will lengthen the check out times.

And it's not rocket science to get a site spruced up and ready for the next person.

Blow off the pad

Empty and clean? the grill if used. And I'm not sure if they even clean the grates, I've found them greasy and had stuck food on them

Rake out the sand.

Take a quick perimeter walk to look for trash.

Hose the pad.

All in all maybe 1/4 to 1/2 to hour of work.

3 minutes ago, Travisma said:

That sounds like something they would do.  

Before you were getting a 22 hour day on a site if you got in and out at the "official" times.

Now you are going to get a 20 hour day.

And I doubt they will lengthen the check out times.

And it's not rocket science to get a site spruced up and ready for the next person.

Blow off the pad

Empty and clean? the grill if used. And I'm not sure if they even clean the grates, I've found them greasy and had stuck food on them

Rake out the sand.

Take a quick perimeter walk to look for trash.

Hose the pad.

All in all maybe 1/4 to 1/2 to hour of work.

They may take a perimeter walk to look for trash, but they don't pick it up.

One of the first things I have to do after arriving at my site is pick up trash that the site cleaner blew into the woods around it. Every time.  It's obvious trash sitting there, but they don't bother to pick it up.  I hate seeing it, so I clean it up myself.

I picked up a couple of cans and various food wrappers all sitting around my site when I was there for Thanksgiving.  If the site cleaner had looked, he or she would have seen it. 

TCD

1 minute ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

They may take a perimeter walk to look for trash, but they don't pick it up.

One of the first things I have to do after arriving at my site is pick up trash that the site cleaner blew into the woods around it. Every time.  It's obvious trash sitting there, but they don't bother to pick it up.  I hate seeing it, so I clean it up myself.

I picked up a couple of cans and various food wrappers all sitting around my site when I was there for Thanksgiving.  If the site cleaner had looked, he or she would have seen it. 

TCD

And I always thought it had been dropped by neighboring sites after it was cleaned!

Well since other have reported that Mousekeeping is doing a crappy job at some of the resorts I guess it's no different at the Fort.

20 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

Check in is at 3 pm. We were specifically told (about our cabin, at least) that when we arrived early, so we left our stuff with bell services and went to get some food and to the MK. We did not receive our text notification until after 3 PM.

The cabin check-in time has always been 3 pm, so no change there.

The campsite check-in time has always been 1 pm.  But now the reservation confirmations for the campsites say that check-in is at 3 pm.

TCD

On our last trip we checked in Halloween Day 2015. I knew it was a long shot be we arrived about 9 am and they had us park in the field by the hitch / unhitch area to wait.  At about 2:15 I went up to the front desk to complain about not getting our site yet.  I was told by the supposed FD manager on duty that check in for the campsites was not until  3 PM. They always tried to get people in earlier but they were not late until after 3.  We got a text with our site number as we walked back to the truck.  

25 minutes ago, Memphis said:

On our last trip we checked in Halloween Day 2015. I knew it was a long shot be we arrived about 9 am and they had us park in the field by the hitch / unhitch area to wait.  At about 2:15 I went up to the front desk to complain about not getting our site yet.  I was told by the supposed FD manager on duty that check in for the campsites was not until  3 PM. They always tried to get people in earlier but they were not late until after 3.  We got a text with our site number as we walked back to the truck.  

The supposed FD manager was wrong.

Check in for the campsites has always been 1 pm

Here's my confirmation email from November, 2016 that says so:

fw%20confirmation_zpsrqim962c.jpg

TCD

Oh I know he was wrong.  Check in is at 1 he said but they were not considered late until 3 PM.  He was just wanting me to go away.  Just saying it does not surprise me that they are now claiming the 3 PM check in time.  Wonder if that guy will now think they have until 5 PM before they are late.  

10 minutes ago, Goose's Girl said:

I just received my confirmation email from WDW.. it looks like 1:00.... I don't expect it to happen being spring break ... but I thought I would share 6ba050a66caee7865277ca4a4c6da465.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing that!

It looks like Carol was right (again) that the 3 pm time was a computer glitch.

Amazing.

TCD