Easter vaca

Hello friends, I need some help and hope to find some answers here. My husband & I have birthdays 2 days apart and have planned a weekend vaca with the kids for our birthday. This year it falls on Easter weekend which of course means we did not book in time to get grounds at FW but found another campground nearby. We already have Easter dinner reservations for Trails End but wanted to see if anyone knows if they will allow us to get in early @ FW to take part in some of the festivities & of course my son wants to ride the ponys....again. 

We tried to stop by for lunch & ponys a few weeks ago as we are annual pass holders and we're told by security we couldn't get in the gate without a reservation. Our dinner reservations are not until 510p but we are hoping to get in & wonder the beautiful grounds for a few hours before hand. We stay at FW 1-2 x's a year for the past several years but with the new security changes things are different. I appreciate any feedback anyone can provide!!

If you were trying to do this on a day other than a major holiday like Easter, your odds of being let in early would be a lot better.

As you know, during busy times,  they do have a list of guests with reservations, and they check it.  I wouldn't expect them to let anyone in a "few hours" before a reservation.  The parking restrictions are in place because there isn't enough room to accommodate any guests other than those staying at the Fort or with dining reservations.  It would defeat the purpose of the restrictions if they let people in hours ahead of their reservation.

Also, there are many who take a dim view of outsiders coming in to the Fort "to take part in some of the festivities."  Locals invading the Fort on holidays is a real problem, and ruins the experience for guests who have paid good money to stay there.

I think it would be reasonable for you to arrive an hour before your reservation.  The pony rides go on until 5 pm, so there would be time to get a ride in before your 5:10 pm reservation, but I wouldn't count on being let in hours ahead of time on a day like Easter.

TCD

If your APs are still good, you could get there earlier, but it'll take some planning.

Easiest would probably be parking at the MK.  Then take the Resort Monorail and go to the Contemporary and catch the Fort boat.

Or take the monorail to the MK and take the Fort boat from there.

Like TCD said, they will stop you from driving in on Holidays (sometimes).  

Just don't bring your bathing suits!  You don't want to be "THOSE PEOPLE" we all complain about.

Thank you for the input. We love just walking around the grounds & enjoying the tranquility. We have probably had  about 10 clog vaca's in the last 5yrs @ FW and only been to the pool once so that's not a problem. Lol. Not that we don't like the pools at the campgrounds we just enjoy the wilderness part more.

The pony rides are the most important part so I was glad we were able to get a reservation close to 5 to be on the safe side because I think my son might have a melt down if he could if ride "his" pony's ? 

We have never celebrated Easter away from home, let alone in the magic of Disney. Any special events at the parks going on as well we should be sure to catch?

9 hours ago, rdsclr said:

We have never celebrated Easter away from home, let alone in the magic of Disney. Any special events at the parks going on as well we should be sure to catch?

They don't do much for Easter in the parks anymore.

The past few years, there has been a pre-parade performed ahead of the normal Festival of Fantasy parade.  This consists of the Azalea Maids from Mobile, Alabama, and a few characters not normally in the parade such as all of the Disney rabbit characters (like Thumper and Rabbit from Pooh) and the hippos from Fantasia.  And there has been a meet and greet with Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny.  You can read about it here: http://www.insidethemagic.net/2016/03/easter-entertainment-returns-to-walt-disney-world-with-easter-bunnies-azalea-trail-maids/

I haven't heard anything about this year, but I would expect nothing more than what they did last year.

With Easter being as late as it is this year, all I would expect is for the parks to be hot and very crowded.

TCD