Fire at the MK from fireworks

Were you there for the DVC party? How was it?

Yes, that's why we were there. There seemed to be a pretty good turnout. I think the longest line I saw was a 40-minute wait at the Mine Train, so really not too crowded. They did have free food, which is always a plus for me, even if it's something as simple as chicken nuggets, hot dogs, veggies, etc. They had a lot of different characters out and that really seemed to be a hit with a lot of people because there were some long lines for that. They had a special fireworks show that night at midnight. We enjoyed seeing a different show and it wasn't so full in the park that you couldn't find a good spot to watch it. We did have a good time and I would love to do some more of the DVC events at the other parks this year, but I don't think it will work out with our work schedules. If you have the chance to do it you should. I mean it's free - why not, right? [emoji2]

11 hours ago, sherryberry said:

Yes, that's why we were there. There seemed to be a pretty good turnout. I think the longest line I saw was a 40-minute wait at the Mine Train, so really not too crowded. They did have free food, which is always a plus for me, even if it's something as simple as chicken nuggets, hot dogs, veggies, etc. They had a lot of different characters out and that really seemed to be a hit with a lot of people because there were some long lines for that. They had a special fireworks show that night at midnight. We enjoyed seeing a different show and it wasn't so full in the park that you couldn't find a good spot to watch it. We did have a good time and I would love to do some more of the DVC events at the other parks this year, but I don't think it will work out with our work schedules. If you have the chance to do it you should. I mean it's free - why not, right? emoji2.png

I'm glad you enjoyed it! We had actually reserved it a couple of months ago but we never found a good airfare that we could afford so we had to cancel :(. Now we have a trip booked for NYE, so even though I know there's no free party then, it's okay, at least we've got a trip in the works!