Today we tried the Homecoming restaurant at Disney Springs. There were a few different things we wanted to try so we just split everything. We ordered three appetizers and were going to try a couple of desserts, but had to cut it back to one dessert to share. We couldn't finish everything but I had to try a dessert from there.

We had the Church Lady Deviled Eggs. They were topped with bacon. I love deviled eggs and these were good, but they don't really seem much better than what we make at home. So, I probably wouldn't order these again. I would eat them again if someone in our party wanted to order them.

AED895E9-0C9C-48E7-80D0-F7BD0DA0A8DB.jpg

We also ordered the bunch of puppies. They come with pimento cheese and jalapeño jelly.

D377CC85-A5BE-4E27-856F-D7EC1CBEFEE3.jpg

I really liked these. The hushpuppies have pimentos in them. The way I ate them was to split them open and then spread some pimento cheese on and then the jalapeño jelly on top of that.

90C7B04E-77AB-47C8-813D-61F8EB66E355.jpg

4937326E-F736-47B2-918C-0101BB5518BD.jpg

And the last appetizer we had was the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits. We thought this might be a good way to get a taste of the fried chicken and the biscuits. They also drizzle honey on the chicken and top it with a bread and butter pickle. This was so yummy. This was actually the only item that we were able to finish today.

A34E8DD4-8ABE-4F59-8443-BCA3779D937B.jpg

And finally, to end the meal - we had banana pudding for dessert. This was not on the dessert menu. I remembered Emeril eating this on his show and banana pudding is my death-row dessert - I HAD to try it! We were going to try the hummingbird cake also, but knew there was no way we could make a dent on both desserts. It took a while to get the pudding to our table. My guess is that they assemble them as they're ordered. This thing was way bigger than I expected. Which is good, because it's not cheap! The dessert was very, very rich - a little richer than I like. The pudding was very runny and I really had to dig for bananas. It was topped with a marshmallow cream that was toasted on top. It wasn't bad, just not what I'm used to in a banana pudding.

CF3A17C5-6538-42EB-A9C2-C89773C2D154.jpg

D01C945C-7D64-48FE-8CFD-930DAB8FCA23.jpg