Just wanted to pass along some news I discovered during our last visit to the Fort in Feb.  Guests of FW are no longer allowed to use the fitness center, Sturdy Branches, at WL.

My son and I took the bus over to work out and our bands would not open the door.  No one was in there to let us in, so we went to the main desk in the lobby and inquired as to why they wouldn't work, and the CM told us Fort guests are no longer welcome to use the facility.  He cited it being partially due to the room not being attended by a CM anymore.

As we were actually staying in a cabin this trip and paying about the same as a room at WL, I was kinda ticked off.  I  personally think that some sort of indoor fitness facility should be made available to guests of the Fort.

Anyway, just wanted to pass this along to anyone who might assume they can go over there and work out in the future.  Don't waste your time running, walking, or bussing yourself over there.  Unless you're OK with sneaking in on the tails of another guest, which is what the CM on the phone told me to do when I called from the house phone (that was before our trip to the front desk). ;)

**apologies if this topic has been covered, I don't stop by here as often as I used to**

This is news to me.  But, I am not sure how many Fort guests even knew about Sturdy Branches.  I didn't know that Fort guests could use their magic bands to open the doors there.

I am not surprised that they want to make the room exclusive to Lodge guests.  They have a lot of timeshares to sell, and don't want us scummy campers scaring the clientele.

TCD