Just curious if a Disney gift card can be used in lieu of a credit or debit card? I know people who are basically cash and carry and don't have credit or debit cards.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ceemike...Mike & Judy said:

Just curious if a Disney gift card can be used in lieu of a credit or debit card? I know people who are basically cash and carry and don't have credit or debit cards.

The machines are an outside vendor and I do not believe take a Disney gift card. Someone who needed to could purchase a visa gift card and probably use that if needed. 

From what I have seen, there is 1 machine in some of the laundry rooms that still takes cash. Also, I believe you can buy a $7.00 laundry card at the front desk. $3.00 to wash, $3.00 to dry and $1.00 for detergent. You have to purchase those 3 items with the card.

In other words, if you have your own detergent, you can't use the $1.00 left over to go towards another wash.

From what I have seen, there is 1 machine in some of the laundry rooms that still takes cash. Also, I believe you can buy a $7.00 laundry card at the front desk. $3.00 to wash, $3.00 to dry and $1.00 for detergent. You have to purchase those 3 items with the card.

In other words, if you have your own detergent, you can't use the $1.00 left over to go towards another wash.

Boy, they have that tied up with a nice little bow, don't they. [emoji12]

On March 11, 2017 at 4:02 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I know the comfort stations that serve the 400 & 500 loop and the 900 loop have credit cards only.  The 1 washer, 1 dryer, and ice machines at these comfort stations have been converted.  Even the ice machine at the meadows too!

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:35 PM, Katman1356...Jason said:

The machines are an outside vendor and I do not believe take a Disney gift card. Someone who needed to could purchase a visa gift card and probably use that if needed. 

Correct, your charge at the ice machines will show up as a charge to "AUTO AIR & VACUUM SERVICE PLAINVIEW NY" on your credit card statement.

So, if you have an Auto Air & Vacuum Service gift card, you're good to go.  Otherwise, you're out of luck.

What I want to know is how in the Fort did a company in Plainview, New York end up with the ice machine contract at Fort Wilderness?

TCD

Just now, Tri-Circle-D said:

It's too late to tell you this now, but you were supposed to put all 8 in at the same time.  Not over a few days.

TCD

I know, we did that twice, so I lost 16!  First time was Christmas Eve and my son, who was 14 or 15 at the time and tasked with the job, called the phone no. on the machine and then waited there for someone to come fix it.  When we finally realized he was missing, we found him waiting there. After convincing him no one was coming that night, he came back to the camper with us. Then we tried again a few days later thinking surely it was fixed by now or they would have put a sign up. Nope.

58 minutes ago, CJHokie said:

I know, we did that twice, so I lost 16!  First time was Christmas Eve and my son, who was 14 or 15 at the time and tasked with the job, called the phone no. on the machine and then waited there for someone to come fix it.  When we finally realized he was missing, we found him waiting there. After convincing him no one was coming that night, he came back to the camper with us. Then we tried again a few days later thinking surely it was fixed by now or they would have put a sign up. Nope.

After 1 time getting mushy ice from the machine at 1500, I never went back.  I get it from the trading post inside, or if we are off property I stop at a store on the way back. But the trading store ice is one of the few things that you don't get gouged on too bad.  It's only 25 to 50 cents more than off site.

We always get our ice from the trading post also. Can use MB charging, get an annual pass discount, and it is delivered from an ice company and is much harder frozen than the machines ice. Only a little bit more expensive. Well worth the difference.

41 minutes ago, Travisma said:

After 1 time getting mushy ice from the machine at 1500, I never went back.  I get it from the trading post inside, or if we are off property I stop at a store on the way back. But the trading store ice is one of the few things that you don't get gouged on too bad.  It's only 25 to 50 cents more than off site.

33 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

We always get our ice from the trading post also. Can use MB charging, get an annual pass discount, and it is delivered from an ice company and is much harder frozen than the machines ice. Only a little bit more expensive. Well worth the difference.

I agree.

Plus, I don't want some shady company in New York to have my credit card information just so I can save a few cents on a bag of ice.

TCD