Any recommendations on brand?  Also... how old is too old?  If I find a used one that is 10 years old, that seems old...but then I remember that it's in an RV, so probably wasn't used a ton.

OH...and I read a comment about winterizing... you winterize them??

• 2 weeks later...

We have a Splendid washer/dryer combo.  I think that is the correct spelling.  Ours is vented to the outside.  From everything that we have read, this is the way to go.  We purchased ours used and it was at least 10 years old.  We live in Maryland and winterize it.  To winterize the unit, we draw in antifreeze until we see it in the washer.  Then we dispense almost all of it.

20 hours ago, disneylitch......Debbie said:

We have a Splendid washer/dryer combo.  I think that is the correct spelling.  Ours is vented to the outside.  From everything that we have read, this is the way to go.  We purchased ours used and it was at least 10 years old.  We live in Maryland and winterize it.  To winterize the unit, we draw in antifreeze until we see it in the washer.  Then we dispense almost all of it.

Thank you.  Yes... from what I've read, Splendide is a strong brand and vented is definitely preferred.

Thanks again for the feedback!