Any recommendations on brand?  Also... how old is too old?  If I find a used one that is 10 years old, that seems old...but then I remember that it's in an RV, so probably wasn't used a ton.

OH...and I read a comment about winterizing... you winterize them??

We have a separate washer & dryer as we have heard that you can only really do small loads in the combo type plus takes pretty long. I do know some have found apartment size units that have fit in the area needed and worked well, you might want to look into that, and also cheaper then the rv ones.

Yes if you winterize the camper I would do the washer also, I know I did ours but not by the way the manufacture said to do it has I felt their way only did the unit and not the lines feeding the washer so basically I ran a empty load thru one cycle to get antifreeze thru the lines and the unit, never had one before this unit so I hope it worked.

3 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

We have a separate washer & dryer as we have heard that you can only really do small loads in the combo type plus takes pretty long. I do know some have found apartment size units that have fit in the area needed and worked well, you might want to look into that, and also cheaper then the rv ones.

Yes if you winterize the camper I would do the washer also, I know I did ours but not by the way the manufacture said to do it has I felt their way only did the unit and not the lines feeding the washer so basically I ran a empty load thru one cycle to get antifreeze thru the lines and the unit, never had one before this unit so I hope it worked.

Thank you.  I'd rather a combo unit, as we don't FT and I would only do small loads... plus, I don't know if both could fit :huh:

On the antifreeze (just to make sure I understand), you started a load like you typically would...but instead of soap, put antifreeze in there??

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Thank you.  I'd rather a combo unit, as we don't FT and I would only do small loads... plus, I don't know if both could fit :huh:

On the antifreeze (just to make sure I understand), you started a load like you typically would...but instead of soap, put antifreeze in there??

We have a Splendide combo unit and really like it.  Yes, it only takes small loads.  But for just the two of us I do a load every day or two.  For a load like towels, I turn it on to wash and dry in the evening.  For a load that needs to be hung up, I wash in the evening and then dry the next morning.  

As for the antifreeze, once everything else in the moho has been winterized, the antifreeze goes into the soap dispenser and then the washer is turned on for a few minutes.

47 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

As for the antifreeze, once everything else in the moho has been winterized, the antifreeze goes into the soap dispenser and then the washer is turned on for a few minutes.

Then it stays in there until Spring?  Won't there be water with the antifreeze?

2 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Then it stays in there until Spring?  Won't there be water with the antifreeze?

No water (or very little) because you've drained the water lines and winterized in the fall.  In the spring I run an empty load with just water to flush out the antifreeze.  Same with an ice maker.

Just now, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

No water (or very little) because you've drained the water lines and winterized in the fall.  In the spring I run an empty load with just water to flush out the antifreeze.  Same with an ice maker.

I see... there's no water running, just the machine pulling the antifreeze through the lines.  Gotcha.  That makes sense. Thanks ^_^

We have a Splendide 2000 combo as well in our moho.  It was in there when we bought our moho used and I thought it was a silly thing to have but we love it and think it's awesome (We're 2 adults and 2 kids).  It is tiny (not much bigger than a microwave) so you can't make very big loads and it probably doesn't wash as well as our home machines but we use it pretty much every night when we are camping with hookups and I actually love that it's a combo unit since you can put the clothes in to wash before going to bed or going out for a while and it's dry when you wake up or come back.

There are certainly benefits of having separate units but obviously in an RV, space is always a limitation so we find it's a good compromise.  You can probably fit apartment sized units but I suspect many RVs don't have 240V for the dryer (I suspect 120V apartment sized dryers exist but the ones I've noticed have all been 240V).

If I was buying one, I'd look for a Splendide 2100XC (or something comparable).  I don't know if there's a huge difference but it is bigger than the 2000.  I've considered swapping mine out but I looked and it doesn't look trivial to remove and replace (I don't think it fits through our moho door and I'd have to take out the door to get it in which is more trouble than I'm work to do).  Also, check your installation; some RVs need "ventless" some have vented dryer (I've heard that ventless really doesn't work very well).  I would likely look for a used one as they can be had for pretty cheap if you find one and they typically don't get that much use.

As mentioned in other posts, winterizing is easy.

On 3/14/2017 at 11:20 AM, dblr....Rennie said:

On mine I ran the washer normal and just pumped anti-freeze thru instead of water, our unit is set up to draw direct from a jug using the onboard pump

Thank you.

9 hours ago, michelb said:

We have a Splendide 2000 combo as well in our moho.  It was in there when we bought our moho used and I thought it was a silly thing to have but we love it and think it's awesome (We're 2 adults and 2 kids).  It is tiny (not much bigger than a microwave) so you can't make very big loads and it probably doesn't wash as well as our home machines but we use it pretty much every night when we are camping with hookups and I actually love that it's a combo unit since you can put the clothes in to wash before going to bed or going out for a while and it's dry when you wake up or come back.

There are certainly benefits of having separate units but obviously in an RV, space is always a limitation so we find it's a good compromise.  You can probably fit apartment sized units but I suspect many RVs don't have 240V for the dryer (I suspect 120V apartment sized dryers exist but the ones I've noticed have all been 240V).

If I was buying one, I'd look for a Splendide 2100XC (or something comparable).  I don't know if there's a huge difference but it is bigger than the 2000.  I've considered swapping mine out but I looked and it doesn't look trivial to remove and replace (I don't think it fits through our moho door and I'd have to take out the door to get it in which is more trouble than I'm work to do).  Also, check your installation; some RVs need "ventless" some have vented dryer (I've heard that ventless really doesn't work very well).  I would likely look for a used one as they can be had for pretty cheap if you find one and they typically don't get that much use.

As mentioned in other posts, winterizing is easy.

Thanks!